+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Allison Holker - Season 2

FORT Fogey

Re: Allison - Season 2

There's always someone who leaves too early

anyone know what she is doing these days?
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Never liked her as much as other FORT viewers seem to. She was too pagenty for me, always grinning at the audience no matter what the dance style. Kind of like how Lacey was given the note to connect with her partner more rather than playing to the audience - that could apply to Allison too.
    Up With People would be a good vehicle for her.

Allison was last year's best dancer. Heidi actually was a close second for partnering skills, in bringing up her partner to her level, particularly.

However, I also understood that Allison did not have the likability factor. But, only in that her personality did not stand out (more like Sabra and Sara this year). She was not nearly as pageanty as Lauren or Lacey this year.

All the argentine tangos this season have been so lackluster in comparison to her first one. That was the most memorable dance for me (even more so than the park bench) last season, it was so smoking hot.

I still miss Allison... I went on Youtube yesterday to watch her contemporary dance with Ivan to "Why" by Annie Lennox. So beautiful!

And the hip hop routine by Shane Sparks with the umbrellas... my 2nd favorite dance of Allison's.
    Love me some SYTYCD All-Stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukie;2517439;
    I still miss Allison... I went on Youtube yesterday to watch her contemporary dance with Ivan to "Why" by Annie Lennox. So beautiful!

And the hip hop routine by Shane Sparks with the umbrellas... my 2nd favorite dance of Allison's.
    Oh, don't even start with me about Allison
    Oh, and don't forget her argentine tango and west coast swing
    It's ridiculous the dancers who made it further than her
    Natalie?! Ivan?! Donyelle?! BENJI ?! And basically the rest of the top 6 because she was the best dancer of that season
    IMO, the only dancer that season that was arguably on her level was Travis
    I look at this season's dancers and theyre good but god would they have had anything on Allison? I don't even think Danny and Sabra would
    Danny can't deliver half the emotion Allison does and Sabra is equally versatile, but not as technically perfect
    And she's very humble for someone who was IMO, so superior to the remaining dancers, unlike Blake and IMO, Danny
    And don't even get me started about her solos
    Her top 20 solo to wild horses, people, that's how you really dance for your life
    Her top 14 solo to Bitter, gosh, everything looked so effortless
    And her top 8 solo to Michael Buble, Dan Karaty hit the nail on the head, most versatile female in that competition hands down
    I was a bit disappointed in Mary Murphy when she was asked if a female could win the competition and she talked about past seasons
    She ran through season 2 with no mention of Allison, which was surprising, considering she predicted her to be the winner after her swing dance
    Anyway, does anyone know if her salsa is on youtube because I can't find it, oh, and I would like to know where the judges reaction to the "Why" dance
    America, I will never forgive you
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

Allison was my favorite. Ivan was truly gifted to be paired with her as I feel she brought his dancing to another level. They had wonderful chemistry and most of their routines are my top 10 from last season. I feel she is the best overall dancer they have ever had on the show with the possible exception of Nick.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Allison is in High School Musical 2....

Here's a USA Today link Link Here

You can watch the making of some of the scenes...

If you click on the #2 video "Shooting" and stop it on about 0:56-0:59seconds, you will see Allison......she's partnered with a guy in a yellow shirt.

She's in video #1 at about 3:13 in a pair of grey sweatpants and a black top

and you can see her in video #3 dancing with her partner too....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

They just re-aired the entire second season of SYTYCD on MTV this weekend. I made a point of checking out each dance Alison did during her truncated time on the show. She was just as amazing the second time around.

Should have won the season.

I loved Alison and Ivan together. Only disappointment I had with Alison was that she danced with Travis after she was eliminated instead of dancing with Ivan.

I'd love to see her dance again.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast