+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dmitry Chaplin - Season 2

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!

~Hannah~

FORT Fogey
    You know, you have to appreciate the fact that these Russian ballroom dancers (Dmitry, Artem, Snow) don't have a chance in He** of winning this thing -- but they sure are great ambassadors for the art of ballroom dancing. I don't think I would have ever realized how sexy and exciting ballroom dancing could be if it hadn't been for Dmitry and Artem.

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar
    I'm sad Dmitry's gone too, but I have to admit that I think the audience was seeing (literally) more of his abs - which, let's admit, are right up there next to Usher's - than his dancing and I think that's where a lot of the votes came in. Though he's still a really good dancer!
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

I agree that most of the ballroom dancers don't have a chance to win, with the exception of Benji. But, I think the fact that most of them have been Russian and not American has made them targets. I think most of the voters want an American to win it. Unfortunately, the really sexy guys have been Russian ballroom dancers - but at least we got to enjoy the eye candy for a little while.

I wanted Dimitry to stay a little longer - he was a joy to watch. Those who remain, while good dancers, are bleh in the looks dept.

i love dmitry

FORT Newbie

Live Chat with Dmitry Chaplin

We at Ballroom Dance Channel Social are proud to announce a live interview with Dimitry Chaplin of So You Think You Can Dance on Thursday, June 19th, at 5pm PST. Please feel free to email your questions to interview@bdcsocial.com by Tuesday, June 17th, 8pm PST to have them included in our live interview. Then come visit us at So You Think You Can Dance!? Chat - Ballroom Dance Channel Social by 5pm PST on the 19th to see your questions answered live by Dimitry while interacting with other fans!

Dimitry Chaplain was a top ten finalist on season 2 of So You Think you can dance and was featured in the live national tour for the show. In addition, he has been a top competitor in the ballroom world with partners Ilona Mayzenberg and Heidi Groskreutz. Since competing on SYTYCD, Dimtry has moved to Los Angeles in hopes of building a career in entertainment. He has been featured both as an assistant to Mary Murphy on SYTYCD, as well as choreographing a piece for season 3 contestants Lacey Schwimmer and Danny Tidwell, with the assistance of Heidi Groskreutz.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 06-17-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: fixed link

FORT Newbie

Re: Dmitry - Season 2

Dmitry will be dancing on Dancing with the Stars, his partner is Jewel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345