+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dmitry Chaplin - Season 2

FORT Newbie
    PoloGirl-- I finally found it: Magalenha by Sergio Mendes.

I'm ready for him to head out, personally. His solos have gotten worse each time in the bottom three. Even if he steps his solo routine back up this week, he's really only excelled at the ballroom and Latin pieces he's done.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Fogey
    Me too. He is a ballroom dancer to the core and it shows in everything he does.

Honestly, I think Dmitre is the number 3 male behind Benji and Travis and I like him personally better than whiny Travis. He is worlds better than Ivan and Ryan. I do like Dmitre's solos, all of them, but the poor guy has just had to dance so many of them.

I feel bad that they paired Dmitre with the most mediocre dancer Joy and then he only got paired with girls in the bottom 3 until Donyelle and she is so injured she couldn't do the group dance. Before he goes, I'd love to see him paired with Heidi, Allison or Natalie just once. With Donyelle, I felt that he was better than before but he was better than she was (probably due to the injury). I really like her alot and I liked how the two of them interacted.

ITA. I love ballroom, so I don't have any trouble appreciating Dmitry. But he's definitely not versatile enough to have a shot at winning. So I hope we get to see him with Heidi or Allison. I think Natalie's too much a solo artist to blend well with him. I think Musa's popularity and their chemistry as a couple gave the illusion that she's a great partner. But based on her own comments and Musa's, I think she's a possible liability as a partner. So I don't really want to see her with Dmitry; I'd like to see him with someone who wants to work it as hard as he does, and with the talent to back it up, just once.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

[QUOTE=kyrjar;1972113]Honestly, I think Dmitre is the number 3 male behind Benji and Travis QUOTE]

He is my favorite but in all fairness he is not versatile enough. I mean Benji is also a partner dancer, but wow he has adapted to everything thrown at him.

In regards to the open shirt thing, I have never seen a serious Latin competition where the guys didn't ALL have their shirts open. I mean the girls are wearing fringed bikinis, while the guys all wear long black pants and often long sleeved black shirts. So in fairness to the practically nude females, yeah leave that shirt way open! Anyway I don't think Dmitri should get slack for the open shirt.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

I LOVE Dmitry!!!! I can't believe he lives 3 hrs from me! Does anyone know where I can find pics of him? Thanks,
    ~Hannah~

Eliminated 7/20

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy!
    "Walking on poetry...she's a monologue in shakespearean tragedy"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Can't believe he is gone. What is it with sexy Russian ballroom men leaving before they should in this show? Artem and now Dmitri. He deserved at least one if not two more weeks.

I'm so sad!
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Fogey
    I'm sad too. I would have liked Heidi and Dmitry to dance together before either one of them left, but I guess that ain't gonna happen.

I thought Dmitry and Donyelle did a pretty good Samba last night. At least it gave Dmitry a chance to show off his Latin ballroom skills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast