+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dmitry Chaplin - Season 2

I had taped the show and watched it yesterday. I thought Dimitri/Ashlee's dance routine was rather a stupid waste of talent - the choreography stunk! However, they both did a credible job and they had no input into the choreography. I think that is why they got votes to stay in.

I thought at first that Dimitri and Ashlee would clash, but they seem to have hit it off very well. Dimitri even seems a bit smitten with her as he constantly was hugging her and kissing her temple and cheek (he didn't do that with his other partners). She is has more personality than his previous partners and she acts all feminine and flirty with Dimitri (which she didn't do at all with Ben). Hope they continue to dance well together and stay in the competition. Dimitri might not make it to the top ten, but if he does win, he would be a good backup dancer for Celion's show - he looks great and exudes strength and masculinity.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by drkim View Post
    Wow I am surprised Dmitri and Ashlee were not in the bottom 3. I didn't really care for that modern doll & magician routine.

I agree with Aota above. Not sure Dmitri is versatile enough to make it to the top 2 men. His hip hop was not so good and now this. But he exudes power, strength, control, and yeah sex on the stage. He is my favorite to watch!
    I don't think many voters actually loved the dance. Those who called gave him a big hug with their vote saying, you just cannot be in the bottom 3 again this week!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    he looks great and exudes strength and masculinity.
    Mmmmmmm. You can say that again. He's taken the page from the Artem dance book that says "Dance with shirt open" and he's workin' it!!

FORT Fogey
    I hope Dmitry gets to dance the Paso Doble before he goes... I'm not sure who I would like to see as his partner in that dance though.

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar
    Dmitry is absolutely delicious and a wonderful dancer! I just think he really needs to step up some more and help out his partner (especially in the ballroom dances) so there will be that perfect balance between lead and follow, which is how it should (ideally) be.
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

I love Dimitri's solo's.
    I love Top model and I love life.
    http://tsparkles.kk5.org/ my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    I don't think many voters actually loved the dance. Those who called gave him a big hug with their vote saying, you just cannot be in the bottom 3 again this week!
    I really enjoyed the dance. It was weird, but I liked it. I also liked the partnership between he and Ashlee. I voted for them for those reasons.

He's good but for whatever reason, he's the kiss of death for his partner. Maybe just bad luck.

Jaslene/Felicia-Mollie<3 Cath31's Avatar
    I loved the dance between Ashlee and Dmitry. But I had to watch maybe 2 or 3 times before getting used to it. At first, I was like okay w/ever but now I love it.

Poor Dimitri. He has had the worst luck with partners. He finally finds one he really enjoys and she leaves. Now, he has to endure the luck of the draw. I thought he was going to cry when Ashley left. He kept hugging her and rubbing her arms. He may have been developing a little crush.

I just hope he gets to dance with Heidi before he gets eliminated (or she does). They have been partners in ballroom (in fact, came together to auditions) so it would be quite a show to see those two dance a ballroom number together.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast