+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 8/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by r0guish
    Kk PM'd you. I finally saw the show. I went over to a friend's and he luckily had it TiVo'd haha. Anyway, Ryan, Melody, Melissa, Ryan, Kamilah, and Blake were the top of the pack tonight. Craig was okay but he rubs me the wrong way - he's so darn young! And he has Julia Roberts' mouth! ARGH!
    Thanks man! I appreciate it a lot =)

Go Ryan and Melody!!!!

Kao
    I would like to see Allan dance to something else other than hip-hop before I make a final decision on his abilities. Personally, I found it very annoying that the two lyrical dancers (Blake and his partner) pulled "lyrical" out of the hat. Come on now, that's not a streth for those two. And then they kept the camera focused on Blake while he was dancing, completely neglecting his partner! If I were her I would be pissed off about that.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    I would like to see Allan dance to something else other than hip-hop before I make a final decision on his abilities. Personally, I found it very annoying that the two lyrical dancers (Blake and his partner) pulled "lyrical" out of the hat. Come on now, that's not a streth for those two. And then they kept the camera focused on Blake while he was dancing, completely neglecting his partner! If I were her I would be pissed off about that.
    That combined with the judges' comments. I just couldn't deal with a primadonna like Blake in real life.

And THANK YOU for a little Allan support. I, by no means, think he is the BEST dancer in the competition, but why aren't people saying these same things about Sandra, who showed her extreme lack of talent?

Let him show us what he can do, and THEN judge him. He has shown he can do a really lovely and convincing hip hop, let's see how he manages otherwise. It's hard to *imagine* him doing other genres, but he may surprise us the same way that some of the others did being taken out of their element.

My one complaint about this show is that I *wish* they had a qualified ballroom dancer/choreographer on the judging panel instead of 2 hiphop choreographers......while the mambo and jive routines on wednesday night were entertaining, the technique was sorely lacking. I find it unfair that the hiphop and lyrical routines were nitpicked to death by the judges while the lack of proper technique in most of the 'ballroom style' dances was glossed over in favor of how entertaining they were.

What a sweetheart SweetBabyClay's Avatar
    This is why I'm not a fan of Blake. He may be one of the best dancers but his egotistical personality sucks!! He has to be able to work under the choreographer's direction and attempt to work together with his partner in the couple's dances.
    Eh, he already *has* worked with those judges. He dated Brian Friedman for 3 years, and has done dance videos with him, and teaches Jazz Funk at the Edge dance studio in LA as well (the LA equivalent of the Broadway Dance Center in NYC). I think he's friends with Dan also, apparently. I had no idea Blake was so accomplished. He was a dancer for Britney Spears' Onyx Hotel tour, was a backup dancer for Kylie Minogue and Paulina Rubio, was on Star Search, danced in the movie Chicago, and was Mr. Dance America 2002. Geez. He may be an ass, but he's more than earned that ego.

Nick has also worked with not only Mia for 5 years, but was also Dan's assistant for a few year's at a HUUUGE hip hop dance convention as well.

THIS is where people who are untrained like Allan and Ryan are going to have problems. As Mia says, you just can't fake technique. You can't teach someone who has never done ballet or lyrical, how to do all the ballet that is required for lyrical. Can you really imagine Ryan and Allan doing turns and leaps? No. They just can't compete with the people that have been doing this their entire lives. You just can't learn technique in a week no matter HOW good you are.
    Last edited by SweetBabyClay; 08-19-2005 at 06:03 PM.
    Life is like a bowl of Vincents- you never know when you're gonna get sca-rewwed.

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetBabyClay
    Eh, he already *has* worked with those judges. He dated Brian Friedman for 3 years, and has done dance videos with him, and teaches Jazz Funk at the Edge dance studio in LA as well (the LA equivalent of the Broadway Dance Center in NYC). I think he's friends with Dan also, apparently. I had no idea Blake was so accomplished. He was a dancer for Britney Spears' Onyx Hotel tour, was a backup dancer for Kylie Minogue and Paulina Rubio, was on Star Search, danced in the movie Chicago, and was Mr. Dance America 2002. Geez. He may be an ass, but he's more than earned that ego.
    That's what makes me ANGRY about this show...obviously someone like Blake is WAYYY past amateur status and does not need this contest. It's blatantly unfair to everyone else that he is even here I guess next year we will have Savon Glover AND Michael Flattery trying out.

FORT Regular
    Dated Brian? Interesting..

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcina
    Yeah, I thought the same thing..............
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Alcina
    LOL that's SO unfair... well, maybe not haha. I hope something comes up though later in the show regarding them two, I love drama like that! I hope there's bitter feelings and what not... Oh how I love reality television haha
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

FORT Newbie
    All this discussion about not being to fake technique is true, but people like Ryan and Jamile do have a tiny advantage with their specialties. Break dancing is a pretty difficult form of dance, and if they are really good, their individual performances will keep them safe for awhile.

+ Reply to Thread