+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 8/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    I'd like to say bye-bye to Big Papa and Sandra, but I'm afraid Allan will get the sympathy vote for a few weeks yet. I honestly liked all of them - well, all but Allan and Sandra - tonight.
    I don't really blame Blake for not wanting to pick up Destini. She's pretty solidly packed. I noticed she did do "the snake" at the end of their dance, so he did heft her around a little.
    I don't know why they didn't try it with Destini lifting him instead. She said she could do it and I believe her. He certainly looked more frail and she more sturdy. Maybe it would have hurt his male pride. But it would have been a cool move!

My votes went to Sandra, because I liked her best of the 3 girls in question, and Big Poppa because he's from SF. I was proud that three Bay Area people made it to the final 16. (Daly City and Sunnyvale are also in the Bay Area). That must be how sports fans feel about local teams.

Nick and Melody(?) really are at the top of the pack, whereas Big Poppa is more of a just-cause-you-like-him vote. But overall I am very impressed by the level of talent of all the contestants. They are better at dancing than most of the Idol finalists are at singing. (Of course one of the most talented Idol gals recently was also from the Bay Area -- Oakland. Props to the homies!)

During the dance off. IMO Sandra was the best. Snow kept doing the same fling your arms around moves that didn't impress me at all. Plus she scares me with the way she looks at the camera. I don't know what movements the other girl was making. She just kept sticking her butt in the air. I like Allen or Big Pappa, but like the rest of you, I don't think he can handle the different style of dancing. Plus I would hate to be his partner when he starts to sweat. Yuck!!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    I don't know why they didn't try it with Destini lifting him instead. She said she could do it and I believe her. He certainly looked more frail and she more sturdy. Maybe it would have hurt his male pride. But it would have been a cool move!
    *cough* More than his male pride, I'll tell you!

I was really actually disappointed in their performance, and also the judge's comments for it. The whole number appeared to be one big Blake - glorifying revue. Destini's sole purpose was to be there to showcase and compliment Blake, and the judges hardly commented on her. He seemed difficult to deal with in the rehearsals, and I would have been quite offended if he had said "My back is breaking!" when lifting me. He could have been a little more polite. Gah. I just. don't. like. him. There's no way I will ever like the person that he is. He may be a fabulous dancer, but.... I wouldn't want to have dinner with him.

Why on earth - in a DANCE contest - would anyone give a dancer a "sympathy" vote. That is beyond ludicrous!!! . . and makes the end result a farce. If Allen gets a "sympathy" vote and someone else gets ousted that is just so wrong for so many reasons.

Thank goodness for this thread hehe. I totally forgot about the show last night! I was able to gather a couple clips from various websites and from the little I've seen, I truly enjoyed Nick and Kamilah's hip hop performance as well as Melody and Craig's jive!
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by r0guish
    Thank goodness for this thread hehe. I totally forgot about the show last night! I was able to gather a couple clips from various websites and from the little I've seen, I truly enjoyed Nick and Kamilah's hip hop performance as well as Melody and Craig's jive!
    may i ask which website did you see the clips? you can email me the link at celica_dude@yahoo.com

Thanks!

I can't believe how boring this show is.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Why on earth - in a DANCE contest - would anyone give a dancer a "sympathy" vote. That is beyond ludicrous!!! . . and makes the end result a farce. If Allen gets a "sympathy" vote and someone else gets ousted that is just so wrong for so many reasons.
    aname, I couldn't agree more!!! It's not fair to the remaining dancers who truly are skilled and better, to keep someone because you feel sorry for him/her, or you think they're "cute" or "sweet" or something else that has nothing to do with their talent. Now I think personality is important in expressing oneself in their performance, but the package has to go together. This is why I'm not a fan of Blake. He may be one of the best dancers but his egotistical personality sucks!! He has to be able to work under the choreographer's direction and attempt to work together with his partner in the couple's dances. Big Poppa is a nice guy and I like him as well and credit him as a good break dancer but this show is about being able to perform in a variety of dance styles outside your specialty and work with a partner and potentially be a professional dancer who might be called upon to do any variety of dances. Can anyone honesty see Allen doing this professionally? There are just too many talented and outstanding dancers in this competition to cheat them out by going the "sympathy" vote route!!! ....ok.. I'm off my
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by CelicaDude25
    may i ask which website did you see the clips? you can email me the link at celica_dude@yahoo.com

Thanks!
    Kk PM'd you. I finally saw the show. I went over to a friend's and he luckily had it TiVo'd haha. Anyway, Ryan, Melody, Melissa, Ryan, Kamilah, and Blake were the top of the pack tonight. Craig was okay but he rubs me the wrong way - he's so darn young! And he has Julia Roberts' mouth! ARGH!
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

FORT Regular
    Wait a second.. noone has seen Allan do a polished performance in anything besides hip hop, so how are we casting judgements now? Just because you can't "see" Allan doing ballroom or anything like that doesn't mean he can't do it -- look at Ryan! I never expected anything but breaking to come out of him, but he did fine, in fact, perfectly.

Innocent until proven guilty, I guess. I'd like to see IF Allan can do anything else, too, but I'm not going to say he can't until I see that he can't.

+ Reply to Thread