+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Snow - Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by madonniac
    every performance she choreographs, she does the squat thing and puts her arms up behind her back....it's aggravating.
    You know what that reminds me of? A Chinese martial art move... if anyone's played Tekken, that move is right off of one of Xiaoyu's stances... lol

FORT Fogey
    I think her skirt did most of the dancing, but they say a good partner can carry you.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by divaexpatriate
    I think ballroom dancers are really at a disadvantage in terms of what they can do during their freestyle routines. They are used to working with a partner. I'm sure if Snow had to choreograph a duet of some kind, she would be really great. There are lots of different lifts, etc. that can be done in ballroom to make each routine different from the next.

She's simply less experienced than the others with solo dance.. I think she has really done quite well, considering that. Can you see Artem doing hip hop? Snow actually *handled* the hip hop. While the judges gave her mediocre marks, I thought she performed hip hop much better than the hip hop dancers performed ballroom. This was just never acknowledged by the judges who want to (or have been instructed to) push her as a "diva". She doesn't seem arrogant/diva-ish at all... she was so supportive of her partner, and when asked whether she thought she deserved to be in the bottom 2, she said "what is meant to be is meant to be".

I like Snow. I want to see her around. I think she's pretty versatile to a degree (when handling *other* people's choreography). The freestyle is a bit more difficult for her, I think. That's okay, she's still an awesome dancer.. and quite striking. I don't consider her a butterface. More like... an Uma Thurman type.
    Yes...all i want to say ! I love Snow but I am afraid she will leave.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by madonniac
    every performance she choreographs, she does the squat thing and puts her arms up behind her back....it's aggravating.
    Yes, yes, yes! It irritates the heck out of me too. I know many would beg to differ but in my eyes, she's so monotonous. It's always the same twirls and footwork and hand motions in her solo.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

What a sweetheart SweetBabyClay's Avatar
    I LOOOOVE Snow. She's the most interesting dancer of all the girls, becasue she isn't the typical American "Dance Team" peppy girl. She's unique, and probably has the most/best personality of all the girls. I voted for her like mad last night. There's just no way that Michelle will beat her. Michelle was clomping all over the stage while Snow was so graceful.
    Life is like a bowl of Vincents- you never know when you're gonna get sca-rewwed.

I don't like her! She's a camera hog! She doesn't really impress me with her dancing either. All I ever see her do is run around the stage and twirl her skirt. She spends more time mugging for the camera than dancing.

What a sweetheart SweetBabyClay's Avatar
    She's a ballroom dancer. Their style is totally different than what most Americans are used to. Ballroom just isn't that big here (not like it is in other countries) so I can see why people might not see how she dances well, but she DOES. She's amazing. Really and truly.
    Life is like a bowl of Vincents- you never know when you're gonna get sca-rewwed.

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge
    Too much eye-liner if you ask me. Then again, I say that to a lot.
    FYI, a lot of Ballet and Ballroom dancers wear exagerated eye makeup (heavy black eyeliner, fake lashes, etc) so their expressions can be viewed by even the person sitting in the last row watching. Granted, it's not a look that looks good on TV, but if you were sitting in the audience watching you would think she looked amazing.

I voted for her loads last night, I don't want her to go home yet. She is very good at what she does, and I liked the fact that she backed her partner Jamile last night when all of the judges were bashing him and telling her she was the cooliest. She didn't have to do that. I want them to fix the show so she pulls Artem and ballroom dancing out of the hat.

FORT Newbie
    snow's amazingg,
    i was watching so you think you can dance
    last week and wow she is a physcadellic dancer.
    amazingly donee snow.

Quote Originally Posted by divaexpatriate
    You know what that reminds me of? A Chinese martial art move... if anyone's played Tekken, that move is right off of one of Xiaoyu's stances... lol
    Phoenix stance.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread