+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Blake McGrath - Season 1

I'm starting to dislike him more an more. First off, if it's choreographed, why are you trying to weasel out of a part of the performance? That's unprofessional. Second, I seriously don't like the way the judges are showing him love, because, in all seriousness, he's just another guy who was in his element. Plus, given his resume, I'd expect no less from him.
    Revenge is ice cream.

What a sweetheart SweetBabyClay's Avatar
    . First off, if it's choreographed, why are you trying to weasel out of a part of the performance
    Artem and Sandra didn't do the lift either, but no one's complaining about THEM not putting it in. Also, lyrical ISN'T Blake's speciality. His specialty is more hip hop/jazz. He teaches "Jazz Funk" at one of the nation's most prestigious dance studios, not Lyrical, and he does hip hop backup dancing for Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue, and Paulina Rubio. He gets praised because he IS the most talented dancer in the competition. The judges AND the fellow competitors all know that. I think it's very smart of him to not do the lift if he's in danger of hurting himself. If he WERE to injure his back over having to lift Destini (who is heavy and has no clue how to do a lift) he would probably not be able to get much work ever again.
    Life is like a bowl of Vincents- you never know when you're gonna get sca-rewwed.

his a little too into himself for me...
    Veronica !!!

FORT Fogey
    I'm not crazy about Blake. With all the experience he has, I would expect more energy and excitement in his performances. He just looks so *bored* with the whole thing.

While he may be technically perfect, I don't think that's what this show is all about. If they had wanted technically perfect contestants, they could have picked all professional dancers to compete.

FORT Fogey
    he is gay?

What a sweetheart SweetBabyClay's Avatar
    Yes. He is gay. He and Brian have dated.
    Life is like a bowl of Vincents- you never know when you're gonna get sca-rewwed.

FORT Fogey
    Being gay should have nothing to do with it. A lot of male dancers are gay.

He's just boring to watch. All perfection, no excitement.

FORT Newbie
    why does he wear a wedding band??

FORT Newbie

Re: .

I wondered about that too.

and he does hip hop backup dancing for Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue, and Paulina Rubio
    And Mya, Pink, and Beyonce. Blake is great at both lyrical dancing and Hip-Hop. He's very versatile, and that's one of the things I love about him. I disagree with the people who say he's all about technique. Yes he has amazing technique, but I think he has a lot emotion in his performances as well. He never leaves me feeling cold.

It's funny how the show is playing up the "Blake's a professional" aspect, while failing to mention the other contestants back stories. They tried to make it seem like Nick wasn't that familiar with Hip-Hop, neglecting to mention the fact that he's assisted Dan in Hip-Hop choreography, and he's had 10 years of Hip-Hop training.

There are a number of highly trained people on this show, it's not just Blake.
    Hell, even Jamile has had training.

I think it's kind of silly to hold the fact that Blake's successful against him. It's not like he's just some rich kid who inherited his dad's company. He got there through a lot of hard work and a lot of God-given natural talent. That's exactly the type of person who should win, IMO.

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetBabyClay
    Yes. He is gay. He and Brian have dated.
    And that should be a conflict of interest right there.

+ Reply to Thread