+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Blake McGrath - Season 1

Kao
    Okay, does anyone else see a conflict of interest here when the judges have actually worked with some of the contestants? That might have played a hand in who went and who stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    Okay, does anyone else see a conflict of interest here when the judges have actually worked with some of the contestants? That might have played a hand in who went and who stayed.

True...but in the world of performing arts, and many other professions as well, it is a small community and there is a good chance that the more talented contestants who have done some work professionally will have previously met/worked with some of the more prominent choreographers in the business. Conflict of interest...maybe, but I think most of the contestants had a fair chance to impress the judges with their talent, personality, or image.

That said, Blake needs to check the attitude at the classroom door. Even if he is better and more talented, you can always learn something from others, whether a new step, a new style, or just observe how they work with others. I always say that I have seen it all...and then something new happens just about every day! Blake just needs a little maturity. Most of us have probably been in a situation where we ran our mouth too much and regretted it later (or got caught up in our own mess). I know I have!

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    well, as far as we know, only two of the contestants have worked with one of the Choreographers, Nick with Mia and Blake with Brian. That being said, there are 5 judges who presided over who would get through, with majority needed to get through, so even tho both knew a choreographer it in no way gauranteed there advancing. Plus, both are great dancers who would have made it no matter what, even if they hadn't known any of the choreographers.

FORT Regular
    I thought Blake was awesome tonite. He and Artem are both great with the lyrical but totally different style. I like Blake's style though. He'll be one of the top contenders.

Kao
    Actually, I think that Melody and one other also worked with one of the choreographers as well. Not dissing Blake, but it's not exactly like he's a hidden talent, nor does he need this show the way someone like Ryan or Melody or that Carrie Underwood looking chick does. to be hoenst with you, they should just hire him as a guest choreographer and be done with it. Not meaning to diss, but that hip hop routine Allan and Snow did tonight was hideous, and it wasn't just their techinique, either.

FORT Regular
    He's just rubbed me the wrong way right from the beginning..

Best thing I can say about Blake is "Good makeover!"

I think, hands down, best dancer of the whole show. Personality, not so great, but in the end, we should be judging this competition on skill. The final 4 or 5 will undoubtedly all be skilled and charismatic. At that point, you need to rule out who is "nice" and who you just "like" and start looking at technique. And that is when Blake will take over. That is, if he makes it that far.

I think he got the weakest female partner this week, so he really can't do any worse.

Wow. They might as well rename this "The Blake McGrath Show" right now. Dude is SERIOUS!

Okay, okay. So I started out by hating this dude (but I've always admired his talent) but that being said he did the best out of all the male dancers Wednesday night! But I still think he's arrogant, or at least trying WAY to hard to impress everyone. If anyone caught it, halfway through the performance when Destini and Blake move to seperate sides of the stage, he did like what, 5 pirouettes? I mean yes that's impressive but it was exxagerated. Well, he's still a fantastic dancer.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

+ Reply to Thread