+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Mia Michaels - Choreographer

Re: Mia Michaels - Choreographer/Judge

I think the smartest thing she said last night was, "I think I should shut up now".
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

FORT Regular

She was pulling a wade .. I hate it when he is judging , lol

Actually, I like her judging. She is often the only one who isn't overwhelmingly gushing over an average performance like Nigel (who wants the world to think EVERY dance on his show is fantastic), and Mary (who just likes to scream for no reason) do. If Mia likes the routine, you KNOW it was good. The other thing she does is honest critique on the dances that were very good but not perfect. The dancers NEED that input to improve. When you're very good and all you are told is how good you are, you never improve.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3068743;
    If Mia likes the routine, you KNOW it was good.
    With all due respect, I have to disagree. Mia thought Kherington was wrong to smile throughout the routine this week. I completely disagree. The point to the routine was to uplift the choreographer's daughter's spirit. Mia was well aware of this from the introduction video, yet she completely missed the mark. Now, as she said we are all entitled to our opinions. However, having said that, I don't KNOW anything by just listening to Mia. Yes, her opinions are often well founded, but as we saw this week, not always.

With this newfound 'attitude' of her's I wouldn't mind seeing Mia go permanently. I agree that when her routines are good they are more often than not brilliant. The problem is, when they're bad, their horrible. This unfortunately reflects badly on the dancers, and puts the dancers at risk of going home prematurely.

In the end, the only thing I KNOW about Mia is, I don't much care for her.

PS She roundly praised the choreographers last night. I fail to see the difference between that and Nigel's praise of every dance.

Mia was wrong about Kherington. I got where she was trying to go with that smiling, the emotion and mood she was trying to convey. Just because Mia prefers to dance from a dark and depressed place doesn't mean that everybody should. Normally I get where Mia is coming from in her comments but I thought she was waaaaaaaaay off when critiquing Kherington.

Ever since she won that Emmy and has made it public knowledge that she is gunning for another (and Nigel seems to be stacking the decks to make sure she gets one) she has become insufferable.

AND.....I was so blinded by that hair color that I failed to notice the colored contact lenses! They had me so distracted last night that I kept missing what she was saying to stare at her suddenly bright green eyes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3069004;
    Mia was wrong about Kherington. I got where she was trying to go with that smiling, the emotion and mood she was trying to convey. Just because Mia prefers to dance from a dark and depressed place doesn't mean that everybody should. Normally I get where Mia is coming from in her comments but I thought she was waaaaaaaaay off when critiquing Kherington.
    ITA! I like Mia and her choreography but I almost found the comment about Kherington smiling so much disrespectful to Jean Marc.
    Forever a Word Nerd

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;3069075;
    ITA! I like Mia and her choreography but I almost found the comment about Kherington smiling so much disrespectful to Jean Marc.
    Yup....I really like Mia. I think she is a GREAT choreographer. Her routines have been some of the best and have moved ME to tears. BUT she was way off the other night and should have just kept her mouth shut.

The best thing she said on Wednesday that she should have kept her mouth shut (or something to this end). Oh yes, that's what she should have done. What one says is very important, but when or how s/he says it is very important, too. She seems to forget that sometimes...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;3069075;
    I agree, it was disrespectful to both. Mia missed the point of the entire dance and when she was corrected she could not admit her mistake. You know Jean Marc wanted her to smile throughout this very uplifting number. He wanted to cheer his daughter, not make her feel sad she is handicapped. The number was not a lament for her situation; it was to lift her spirits.

Even with her inability to take responsibility for this mistake I like her as a judge and choregrapher.

Kerrington was devasted. Every dancer wants Mia to love them and their skill. She is a powerful force in this industry.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

One look at Jean Marc's face while Mia was berating Kherington told the story. He was not a happy camper.

+ Reply to Thread