+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Mia Michaels - Choreographer

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Mia Michaels - Choreographer/Judge

My 15 year old son likes nothing but hip hop but Mia Michaels (and Shane Sparks) are his absolute faves! He thinks "she rocks"...I agree!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

For the most part, I really like Mia's work. Two of my all-time favorite routines were Lacey/Kameron's contemporary and Travis/Heidi's "Sunflower".
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I either LOVE of HATE her routines. Rarely am I indifferent.

I think UD said it best. Either spot on, or horrendous. No middle ground.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't really care for her personality, but she is a talented woman.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

The Calling - Column by Mia Michaels
    By movmnt magazine on May 28th, 2008

The calling in one’s life to be a creator is a huge responsibility to the world. There is no backing down once this realization of artistic destiny takes place. It is the commitment of one’s life, the artistic version of the monk. We are being used by God to affect and change the universe, shift the planet, and hopefully leave it forever altered. Once our calling takes place, it is our duty to respect, nurture, and dig into it so deeply that there is no other way of living. It becomes our life and our every breath. Everything we experience transforms into art.

Then there are those who choose but have not been chosen. They make it a career (a business if you will) and have a different take on it. It’s a different way of life. They do it for the love of recognition, money, and fame. These people operate in a thing called the entertainment business.

So many in this business have been successful without caring about creating their own voice or vocabulary, but just copying the great ones that have come before them. They constantly continue to repeat themselves without ever considering the reinvention of oneself,¯ and without guilt or apologies. There is truth in both these worlds, they just have different heartbeats.We are now in a time of reality TV and instant celebrity.

It’s a time of mediocrity, not too much dignity or integrity on screens all over America. I am one of those so-called instant celebrities in the world’s eyes. It just happened over night. I dropped out of the sky and became a big-name choreographer with a face. The funny thing is I am just Mia doing what I have been doing for the last 25 years, but now I am MIA! Very funny and very strange.

The fame will pass. The show will close. The trends will change. What will remain constant are the true artists, visionaries, and creators, the ones that are called. They will stand as they are until they are gone.

I hope and pray to always stay true to my calling. A creator of beauty, ugliness, and worldly art of movement. I hope to be a constant because I am called.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2995865;
    I cannot stand 99.5% of her routines, they are usually so uh....how to word it......they feel as if she is subjecting her viewers to her therapy sessions and it makes me very uncomfortable having to sit through all that. That being said, the few times that she is on? She is REALLY on. Some of my favorite routines have been hers (which is so odd because some of my least favorite have been hers too).
    I think the honesty of her movement is what makes her so brillant. She shows the dynamics of relationships. It forces the dancers to show emotion, true emotion they might fake in some of the other cherograpy. To be honest I find her pieces to be the most difficult and complex. Really because not only are they technically challenging but emotionally challenging as well. For a dancer those are the type of pieces you wish you could dance all the time, or at least in my opinion.
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

Okay Getting ready to eat my words.... So I was actually very annoyed by her comments last night. I felt that she tried to force her interpretation on the cherography. She was not there and she does not know what was asked of the dancers, and she was out of line. This was first time i smelled arrogance on her. I din't like the scent.
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by petite_indigo;3067008;
    Okay Getting ready to eat my words.... So I was actually very annoyed by her comments last night. I felt that she tried to force her interpretation on the cherography. She was not there and she does not know what was asked of the dancers, and she was out of line. This was first time i smelled arrogance on her. I din't like the scent.
    Good way to put it. She was unnecessarily cruel a few times, too, and that surprised me.

What a BEEEOTCH SHe was last night. I'd like TO SEE Her fat ass doing those movES

+ Reply to Thread