+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mia Michaels - Choreographer

I loved her routines this week. I don't really remember her stuff last year in season one. But man I was awestruck this week.

The number Allison and Ryan did was so hard, intricate yet flowing. I thought it was amazing. I give props to them for learning such a hard piece and doing it so very well. It seems much harder than any routine ever done on the show.

Then what Travis and Heidi did - so moving. I loved it. I felt like it was a break up scene. Girl wronged boy, was asking for forgiveness, but although boy loves girl, couldn't forgive her and walked away. It was sad, beautiful and I really loved that at the end Travis just literally "walked" away, not "danced" away or strutted away.

I think she is a genius.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Fogey
    Bravo. I think she is a genius too. I was impressed last season, as well. She is not around enough because she is so busy. I would love to see more of her on the panel and choregraphing.

Yeah I remember her judging a lot more the first season, I don't really remember any of her choreography. But this season she is rarely around. I'd like to see her judge again.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Fogey
    I loved how Alison and Ryan jumped into the audience and out of sight at the end of their routine. Hilarious.

FORT Fogey
    Both of her routines last night were great. I don't remember her doing any routines that were as interesting (and hard) last season.

Her choreography was so demanding. Good thing she had two contemporary dancers. If she had,say, Dmitry and Heidi i think she wouldve had a hard time.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Mia Michaels - Choreographer/Judge

Mia Michaels - Choreographer/Judge

Mia Michaels’ choreographic genius and passionate dance moves currently grace the stage of Cirque du Soleil’s live music concert tour, “Delirium,” and also in the long-running Las Vegas theatrical production of “Celine Dion: A New Day” at Caesars Palace. The televised opening night of Celine’s show earned Michaels an Emmy nomination for “Celine in Las Vegas: Opening Night Live.” Michaels has also worked with such stars as Madonna, Ricky Martin, Gloria Estefan and Prince.

Michaels recently choreographed Paper Mill Playhouse’s production of “Hello, Dolly!” and continues to direct music extravaganzas for Greek superstar Anna Vissi throughout Europe. She is the founder, artistic director and choreographer for RAW, the acclaimed New York-based dance company; and she has been commissioned to create works for Les Ballet Jazz de Montreal, Jazz Dance Chicago and Oslo Dance Ensemble. Michaels is also the Artistic Director of The Pulse dance conventions, and has held faculty positions with such prestigious dance institutions as Alvin Ailey and The Joffrey Ballet. She continues to teach master classes around the world.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Mia Michaels - Choreographer/Judge

My son adores her but doesn't care for her type of dancing....I think she would be a cool chick to hang out with!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm very glad to see she's back! I think her choreography is brilliant, and although she's not always the most tactful person, her feedback is honest and insightful- helps the dancers grow if they take it the right way. Can't wait for season 3!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Mia is amazing at what she does. I don't always love her "style" but I do think she knows her stuff. Sometimes, I think she is a bit harsh though. We'll see how she is this year. Glad she's back!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread