+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Mia Michaels - Choreographer

Re: The Season 6 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS ONLY**

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3728521;
    No, I really like Mia's dances too. A few are misses, but when she gets them right, she's amazing. I'll miss her if she goes. She can be annoying, but no one is worse than Tyce as far as I'm concerned. I was reading somewhere (TV Guide or EW or some such) that he's shown in the Chorus Line documentary "Every Little Step" trying out for the revival and was an *$$. That's one DVD release I'm really looking forward to watching....and not just because A Chorus Line is in my top 3 fave Broadway shows either!
    Mia may not be the nicest person, but she sure is talented. So yeah, I agree with you, Katydyd. I've said in the past that Mia is such an extreme choreographer. When her choreography misses, it really sucks. I've grown to really dislike the "dead daddy" dance from S3 and the bed and door routines from S4. But when she hits, she knocks it out of the park. The addiction piece from last season is my favorite routine from S5. If she really is leaving, I'm really going to miss her.

Tyce should be the one leaving. So should Lil'C. And if NappyTabs don't pick it up, then they should also.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: Mia Michaels - Choreographer

I think she's been overly mean in the past. But she is an astoundingly emotional choreographer who moves me to tears more often than not.

Some of my favorite routines of hers:

The Moment I Said It - top 10 season 3 group featuring Danny
    Dancing - Kamron & Lacey season 3
    Let the Drummer Kick - Lauren & Neil Season 3
    Beautiful - Chelsea & Mark season 4
    The Dance - Top 16 group season 4
    Hometown Glory - Kaytee & Joshua season 4
    Mercy - Kaytee & Twitch Season 4
    Koop Island Blues - Randi & Evan Season 5
    Gravity - Kayla & Kupono Season 5

(Yes, I left out the Travis/Heidi bench routine. It has never been a favorite, though I do like it more today than I did a couple years ago)

The Wikipedia article on her includes a confirmation from Nigel that she is, indeed, leaving immediately (basically meaning at the end of auditions)

I will be very, very sad to not see her routines anymore.

I'm not sorry to see her go. I think some of her dances have been wonderful, others I haven't liked at all. I also find her inarticulate, using expressions such as, "That was just stupid," as praise, nor do I like her treatment of some dancers with personal attacks. "You annoy me," or ,"I don't like you," are not dance judgments.

I would also love to see the last of Tyce. Broadway has produced some of the best dance numbers over the years and I don't think his choreography is anywhere near good enough in that genre. I also just watched "Every Little Step," and I could not believe his ego and attitude. That is especially true as I learned that all the dancers had to sign a release before their work could be included in the film, AND they were given a chance to rescind that release after looking at what was filmed. He did not, so he clearly saw nothing wrong in his behavior.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

SUPER sad to see her go! Some of the best dances have been choreographed by her. I do admit that last season her dances went down a notch...so maybe she just isn't "feeling" it anymore and its best for her to move on. But either way...I will miss her and her dances!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Last season with her reaction to Tyce's cancer routine, I wondered if he had done that routine for her. Then she suddenly withdraws from the show "immediately" and she shows up with a shaved head and talks about how "things aren't exactly going her way lately" as she's telling one of the females that she made it.

It makes me wonder if Mia has cancer or if somebody very close to her does and that's why she's no longer on the show because she wants to focus somewhere else.

I hope I'm wrong but it's just a feeling I have. Like her or not like her, it's not something I want anybody to ever have to go through.

Has anybody heard why exactly she's leaving the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3733883;
    Last season with her reaction to Tyce's cancer routine, I wondered if he had done that routine for her. Then she suddenly withdraws from the show "immediately" and she shows up with a shaved head and talks about how "things aren't exactly going her way lately" as she's telling one of the females that she made it.

It makes me wonder if Mia has cancer or if somebody very close to her does and that's why she's no longer on the show because she wants to focus somewhere else.

I hope I'm wrong but it's just a feeling I have. Like her or not like her, it's not something I want anybody to ever have to go through.

I had 100% of the same thoughts. I sure hope I am wrong.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

I thought all of those things as well, especially when she said that to the contestant. I hope it is ego or something else fun and superficial causing her to move on, not a fight for her life.
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3733883;

That's just it....there hasn't been a whisper as to the why's of it. It seems strange that she would leave the show that made her famous and won her an emmy. Especially since she seems to really enjoy being there. She doesn't seem like the "bite the hand that feeds you" type.

She's not my favorite choreographer, but I certainly hope that nothing is wrong with her or a loved one. And if there is, I wish for a full, speedy recovery.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I googled it and we aren't the only ones putting 2 + 2 together to get cancer. Some of the larger gossip sites are also whispering about it and wondering.

No official word anywhere though. I'm really hoping it's just some sort of star ego trip and not because she has it or one of her close friends does and she shaved her head in solidarity or something.

JavaJo: I completely agree and posted that here when the rumor was first put up that she was leaving. I couldn't believe that she would leave a show that brought her popular acclaim and a show that she clearly loves so much. Just doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3734076;
    I googled it and we aren't the only ones putting 2 + 2 together to get cancer. Some of the larger gossip sites are also whispering about it and wondering.

No official word anywhere though. I'm really hoping it's just some sort of star ego trip and not because she has it or one of her close friends does and she shaved her head in solidarity or something.

JavaJo: I completely agree and posted that here when the rumor was first put up that she was leaving. I couldn't believe that she would leave a show that brought her popular acclaim and a show that she clearly loves so much. Just doesn't add up.
    I was just coming here to write something similar to what the rest of you have said. I hope it's not her health, but something important is going on for her that has caused a shift. I'm thinking the kinder, gentler, "let's take a spiritual approach to this" attitude that she brought to her teaching of her dance during Las Vegas week was part of whatever is going on. She's had a kind of glow and kindness radiating from her during this audition process that is very different from what I remember before.

I actually like Mia, but I haven't watched very faithfully until last season, so I've missed most, if not all, of the mean things she's said. I know she really put Brandon down during the auditions last time around, but I didn't see it, so it's not part of my reaction to her.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread