+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Mia Michaels - Choreographer

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Mia Michaels - Choreographer/Judge

Can you imagine how well Mia would take the same 'honest' criticism when her dance routine was one of her lesser attempts?

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3124145;
    Her lambasting of Jessiker was completely unnecessary and overly harsh. Yeah - she's the worst girl left (or 2nd) ... but man - do you have to try to make her feel COMPLETELY worthless? Sheesh.

I agree. I'm not a fan of Jessica either, but there was no need to be that harsh. Yes, Will is a better dancer than Jessica, but there's no need to rub her nose in it like that. And I love how Will always sticks up for Jessica and is happy when she gets some praise. They are a "couple" for now, and he is definitely a team player.

I am still trying to determine her intentions when she said to Courtney-"You and I have never connected, right?" as she points her two fingers towards Courtney's eyes. Did she mean for that to come out out loud?
    Any ideas at what she was getting at, anyone?
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Try to think like Mia Michaels?!? Not on your life. I didn't survive psychedelics in the 60s, only to risk permanent brain damage now. .

I think Mia crossed the line this week when she was "critiquing" Will & Jessica... "You looked tired of carrying her. You need a new partner." I can't even imagine what it must be like to learn 2 routines (plus the group number!) in so few hours, perform your heart out, and continuously be told that you're bringing your partner down... and in such a rude way, too. I don't care who you are Mia, that was rude.
    2003-2008.

OMG do they have to have her as a judge? I can't stand her anymore and her stupid comments.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

FORT Regular

I was very disappointed in Mia this week in her comments to Will/Jessica. Will seems to be a favorite as he is Debbie's
    protege and he is fantastic. Mia went over the line, I think.

Re: The Season 6 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS ONLY**

Is MIA abandoning ship?

Is Mia Michaels Leaving So You Think You Can Dance?

Wed., Oct. 14, 2009 8:48 PM PDT by Jennifer Godwin
    Mia Michaels, So You Think You Can Dance Kelsey McNeal/FOX

This better be a mistake or a misunderstanding or some kind of free-form poetry from Mia Michaels.

Because it seems like Mia just posted a three-part message on her Twitter where she said goodbye to So You Think You Can Dance after five years, and a world that has SYTYCD sans Mia Michaels is not a world we want to live in.

So what exactly did the genius contemporary choreographer say?

In her usual all-caps format, Mia tweeted the following:

"I AM OFFICIALLY AN ADORING FAN OF SYTYCD....THANK U FOR 5 WONDERFUL YRS...TO CREATE MOMENTS AND MOVEMENT FOR THE WORLD TO SHARE WITH ME WAS A GIFT...THANKS SYTYCD AND LOOK FORWARD TO WHATS AHEAD FOR ME...LOOKOUT WORLD!!!!!"

Is there an emoticon for "nonplussed"? Because that's what our faces look like right now.

Fox and reps for the show have not responded to request for comment.

Do you think Mia's really leaving, and if so, why? (Why god, why?!!) And do you have any parting words for Mia if she's truly on her way out?
    Is Mia Michaels Leaving So You Think You Can Dance? - E! Online
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

I don't like Mia's attitude and I rarely like her routines. I'd be fine with her leaving and she can take Tyce with her.

Reading that tweet? Doesn't look to me like she's going anywhere. I think she's just saying how much she loves this season and it's officially made her an adoring fan or something like that. I doubt she will leave the show that has gotten her so much public recognition (I have no doubt she was already known in the dance world but without SYTYCD most of us would have no idea who she was and she wouldn't have an emmy).

But I could be wrong *shrugs* don't care either way about her.

I would love to see them bring in a whole slew of new and fresh choreographers. I feel like we have seen it all before and they keep repeating themselves. Especially Napoleon and Tabitha, they are the worst offenders. Oh...and she can take them with her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3728401;
    I don't like Mia's attitude and I rarely like her routines. I'd be fine with her leaving and she can take Tyce with her.

Reading that tweet? Doesn't look to me like she's going anywhere. I think she's just saying how much she loves this season and it's officially made her an adoring fan or something like that. I doubt she will leave the show that has gotten her so much public recognition (I have no doubt she was already known in the dance world but without SYTYCD most of us would have no idea who she was and she wouldn't have an emmy).

But I could be wrong *shrugs* don't care either way about her.

I would love to see them bring in a whole slew of new and fresh choreographers. I feel like we have seen it all before and they keep repeating themselves. Especially Napoleon and Tabitha, they are the worst offenders. Oh...and she can take them with her too.

I'm with you. After the way she treated Brandon last season, that was it for me. Her and Tyce are the only two that can be downright mean. Everyone else tries to be tactful. I wouldn't miss her if she left.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread