+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 8/6 SYTYCD 10: Top 12 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/6 SYTYCD 10: Top 12 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Couple I like least in the top 12 is Aaron and Jasmine...especially Aaron who I don't think never have seen bottom 3. He reminds me of Cyrus who coasted to the top even though he is less talented than the rest who were eliminated before him. Aaron dances like he's balancing a coconut on his head and he doesn't move very fluidly, he lacks finesse. Even when they did hiphop, the judges praised Jasmine who obviously outshined him and was carried by her throughout the performance. He was lacking punch and both were lacking grit. For some reason, the judges loved the performance perhaps based on the attitude. I get it, people are voting based on personality but at this stage of the game, talent should be the main criteria.

Paul is seriously better than other male constestants and miles more than Aaron. I didn't know he already won in Armenia's SYTYCD (deservingly so) until I saw a post on the FORT but I skipped the contestants previews before the performance and their vignettes everytime. I had a very objective point of view when I first saw the top 20, had no idea who they were because I didn't care if they have a dying mom/dad or supporting 10 kids or have an affliction or have boring personality, all I cared about is the dancing/talent. I think Tucker comes closest until I saw their Hiphop routine which was disappointing and it's probably the fault of the choreographer (which I think Nigel implicitly called out).

As for the women, I haven't made up my mind between Mackenzie, Jenna, and Haley. I think Haley is the most consistent of the 3 despite being paired with guys that are not on par with her.

One of the routines I enjoyed a lot is the Hip Jazz number by Tucker and Jenna. I have to look the new choreographers up and they have actually been touring the world with this routine and they of course do a better job. Take a look at Keone and Mariel:

Keone & Mariel Madrid :: "DANGEROUS" by Michael Jackson (Choreography) :: Urban Dance Camp - YouTube

Keone & Mari Madrid | World of Dance | FRONTROW | #WODNY 2013 - YouTube

They have many more self-produced performances shown on Youtube and they would probably use them for SYTYCD.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Couple I like least in the top 12 is Aaron and Jasmine...especially Aaron who I don't think never have seen bottom 3. He reminds me of Cyrus who coasted to the top even though he is less talented than the rest who were eliminated before him. Aaron dances like he's balancing a coconut on his head and he doesn't move very fluidly, he lacks finesse. Even when they did hiphop, the judges praised Jasmine who obviously outshined him and was carried by her throughout the performance. He was lacking punch and both were lacking grit. For some reason, the judges loved the performance perhaps based on the attitude. I get it, people are voting based on personality but at this stage of the game, talent should be the main criteria.

Paul is seriously better than other male constestants and miles more than Aaron. I didn't know he already won in Armenia's SYTYCD (deservingly so) until I saw a post on the FORT but I skipped the contestants previews before the performance and their vignettes everytime. I had a very objective point of view when I first saw the top 20, had no idea who they were because I didn't care if they have a dying mom/dad or supporting 10 kids or have an affliction or have boring personality, all I cared about is the dancing/talent. I think Tucker comes closest until I saw their Hiphop routine which was disappointing and it's probably the fault of the choreographer (which I think Nigel implicitly called out).

As for the women, I haven't made up my mind between Mackenzie, Jenna, and Haley. I think Haley is the most consistent of the 3 despite being paired with guys that are not on par with her.
    Jammyjoe, Nigel ragged on Blue Print (?) was that his name, the animator, about showing personality. At one point, Nigel came right out and said to this guy that it (referring to winning) often comes right down to personality. Now that is what Nigel had to say about personality in connection to the contestants and this dance competition show.

Now, SYTYCD like American Idol and Dancing with the Stars is based on votes of the viewing audience. We have had this discussion in great depth on the DWTS board here on the FORT. People like who they like for whatever reason that may be whether it is the contestant's personality, his/her background story, his/her charisma, one of many other reasons, or may be it is like you and they respect the contestant's ability and the presentation. However, no amount of discussion, debate, or argument usually changes what people like. They like what they like, and that is the way it is.

I do respect your opinions, and I see your points; however, I watched Aaron dance his heart out to get his spot in the top 20. I think he is doing a great job. Is he the most gifted? No, I don't suspect that he is, but I think he has a lot of heart, he is a good all around dancer, a great tap dancer, and he has a lot of personality. It will probably be hard for him to beat out all of the guys for the top spot, though, I would think.

Paul is a wonderful dancer, and he is a nice looking guy. He seems like a pleasant young man. I don't feel like I have gotten to know Paul as much as I have some of other young men. I can't speak for other viewers, but getting to know the contestants from the clips is one of the facets of the contest shows that I particularly enjoy.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    All I can say is that I was so happy to see Alex Wong FINALLY return to the show after two (or three) seasons and dance. He's showing us what might've been had he not had to leave due to injury. I'm hoping he is one of the all-stars that dance with the top 10 dancers of this season. Still cute as a button and a fantastic dancer.

I liked all the dances, but I do think it odd they had Tucker dance when he wasn't going to dance in the performances. He's still automatically in danger next week too, so while I do think it's fair in a way I don't think it's fair (though admittedly the Paso Doble has a lot of stomping that could affect an infected knee). The four dance for their life dances... THAT is called dancing for your life.
    I agree that having Alex back is great, but he did return LAST season to dance with Eliana (one of my favorites - I think it was a Stacey Tookey contemporary routine). So it hasn't been that long since he's been gone.

The tour dates were announced today and tickets go on sale this Saturday. I'm so excited because this year I won't have to travel - they are doing a show 45 minutes from my home. Last year's live show was amazing so I'm definitely going again. Yay!!!
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    The tour dates were announced today and tickets go on sale this Saturday. I'm so excited because this year I won't have to travel - they are doing a show 45 minutes from my home. Last year's live show was amazing so I'm definitely going again. Yay!!!
    Good for you!! that would be cool to see
    Cornholio likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567