+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 7/2 SYTYCD 10 Top 20 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/2 SYTYCD 10 Top 20 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

There seemed to be a theme that worked throught the dances, dramatic scene between man and woman. Hard to avoid, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    There seemed to be a theme that worked throught the dances, dramatic scene between man and woman. Hard to avoid, I suppose.
    I agree Shoepie- it sure looked that way didn't it?

I have it recorded, and for some reason, seeing it twice, they always ALL look way better than I originally thought
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am having such a hard time seeing the forum lately, takes forever to load *waaaaa*

Last night while watching it live, I thought it was horrible! Pretty much hated most of the dances, thought they were tasteless and overly sexualized.

I rewatched my recorded version today but this time I FF past the eliminations, the studio bits, and the judges comments and found that I enjoyed the show more. The dances were not as bad as I thought last night. Eliminating them at the beginning of the such cast such a pallor that it ruined the entire night for me. I wonder if this will affect voting and viewer numbers? Reading at other places, we are not the only ones who hated this format.

I still think that the first two dances were too sexy and pushed the taste level to an unacceptable place. I also still maintain the best of the night were the ones I had posted but the others (even the tasteless ones) were not as bad on the second viewing.

Point? Elimination at the beginning of the show ruins the rest of the show.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Amy and Fik-shun are still my favorite pair. I thought the routine was cute. I agree that most of the routines were overtly sexual. Gotta say I had two 14 year old boys in the house last night, and this was the first episode they really watched LOL I also prefer the elimination at the end of the show. I don't see the reason behind having it at the start at all.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

You should have seen the complaints on twitter about the elimination first decision. About 98% of them complained about it when I was on it.

I was personally more upset about the lewd routines and outfits. I'm not even sure if I'm going to watch it next week at this point.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

FORT Fogey

It is obvious from the things that are said both in the media and on the show that Nigel directs traffic on SYTYCD. Now, he has just recently -like a couple of months ago - been let go in a wholesale movement with 3 out of the 4 judges and several others from his long time producer's job on American Idol because of huge drops in ratings. In an article he was quoted as graciously saying that at least he still had his beloved SYTYCD. This indicates to me that Nigel is keeping a very close eye on what the viewers are saying in the media ( and maybe writing in, etc.) to protect ratings.

That said, along with comments he himself made last night, I suspect that he may well say something to the choreographers ( to whom he mentioned he talked to all week) about keeping the routines more in line with a "family program" (less spicy). Several of those girls are still very young. Concerning the first way out there routine - that was danced quite well, but that was still inappropriate in my opinion for the show and even for her age - Nigel remarked that he hoped "her father wasn't watching."
    He also commented that he expected the routines to reflect the respective genres sometimes more than they did. This is the second week he has said something along this line, so I suspect the choreographers are going to hear about that as well.

I strongly suspect Nigel will be checking on public reaction/opinion on the elimination process. Again, he is super-sensitive, I suspect, right now to anything which might cause a drop in ratings, so to my way of thinking, if the general idea is that the first of the evening elimination was a poor choice, he might change it back.

As far as who stayed and who left, I guess I wasn't terribly surprised. Despite the fact, that he can barely dance well beyond his own genre, Jade has been given a pass through nearly every stage either directly or indirectly by Nigel.
    As we saw on that Tango, Alan is really good - the work on those lifts was as good as I have seen the pros do on Dancing with the Stars.
    Carlos is good and really did not deserve to go this early; however, as I said before, he and Mariah unfortunately drew that jive (very difficult for her with her build and as a crumper) and were given the first spot with the handicap that really the viewers didn't even "know" him yet; thus, he received low votes, and in my opinion as one of 9 contemporary dancers was expendable.

MacKenzie's first Broadway routine was fluffy and relatively easy against much more difficult and emotionally, high-impact routines. The viewers didn't know her either, but she has been one of Nigel's stand-outs since the first time he saw her dance. She wasn't going anywhere even if she got the lowest votes out of all 20 of the dancers.

I had a hunch last week that Nigel might want to keep Mariah, the female hip-hopper around, so that didn't surprise me. Jenna as a ballroom dancer is one of Nigel's standouts, so that left the ballroom dancer, Brittney, to leave.

I am wondering if the "dance for your life," is more of a formality. I rather think they know who is staying and who is going ahead of time - my opinion.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I am wondering if the "dance for your life," is more of a formality. I rather think they know who is staying and who is going ahead of time - my opinion.
    I think so. It doesn't matter if they have the elimination at the end, or the start - I think the end result would be the same.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think so. It doesn't matter if they have the elimination at the end, or the start - I think the end result would be the same.
    I think the dance for your life is the good bye song on AI. I don't think it really matter. They already know who they want to leave.

And yes, Carlos didn't deserve to go. and Last night was overly sexual . These dancers are still teenagers.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Amy & Fik-shun were my favorites last week, and this week
    Well they got the best routine.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    Well they got the best routine.
    They can also dance very well
    -Andy Rooney-