+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 6/25 SYTYCD 10 Top 20 Perform **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/25 SYTYCD 10 Top 20 Perform **West Coast Spoilers**

I just watched this now. When I watched Mariah and Carlos dance the jive my first thought is that they were going to get nailed by the judges. It was way too fast (choregraphers fault) and they could barely keep up. It looked sloppy and rushed to me. I was right. Had they gone later, their critique very well might have been worse! What followed were spectacular dances.

I don't find Mariah compelling; her smile face is not genuine or does not appear to be so and her hair is too brassy. Ok, that the physical but it is part of the package. Not sure about her personality yet. I didnt see them geling as partners.

I am not fond of the blonde with very short hair either and I am not sure why. It is still early and I may change my mind, of course.

I don't know names yet but I do remember Fiction. Wow, what a nifty young man and he can dance! I like his partner, too. They are a solid team.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I just watched this now. When I watched Mariah and Carlos dance the jive my first thought is that they were going to get nailed by the judges. It was way too fast (choregraphers fault) and they could barely keep up. It looked sloppy and rushed to me. I was right. Had they gone later, their critique very well might have been worse! What followed were spectacular dances.

I don't find Mariah compelling; her smile face is not genuine or does not appear to be so and her hair is too brassy. Ok, that the physical but it is part of the package. Not sure about her personality yet. I didnt see them geling as partners.

I am not fond of the blonde with very short hair either and I am not sure why. It is still early and I may change my mind, of course.

I don't know names yet but I do remember Fiction. Wow, what a nifty young man and he can dance! I like his partner, too. They are a solid team.
    While not heavy, Mariah is built solidly, and she comes across and 'plays', if you will, as the hard hitting hip-hopper that she is. It seems to me that that this scenario works better for males than it does for females perhaps because when she is taken out of the hip-hop routine and outfit and put into a routine and costume of a different genre where we anticipate and are expecting her to take on a more feminine 'look' and role, she has trouble pulling it off.
    My question is how long will the viewers and maybe more importantly the judges - since they get the final and most influential call - want to keep her as a female hip-hopper - and a variety type dancer around?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

As much as I enjoy Mariah's talent, there's something about a female hip-hop dancer that doesn't do it for me. I can't think of a single one who I was really into... not Tabitha and certainly not Comfort. Mariah is so talented in hip hop and definitely holds her own in other genres of dance but there's something that consistently holds me back from all out LOVE when it comes to her performances.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Later I got to thinking about the issue of so many people in different places who missed that dance because the commercials took over, and I decided that it might be that we all possibly share the same huge major cable provider. I know that my daughter who lives in Connecticut close to NYC way up the Eastern coast from me and a time zone apart has the same one, so that may be the answer to why so many of us were deprived of watching that routine. Furthermore, I suspect they were deluged with thousands of protests - both Fox who probably had nothing to do with it as will as the cable company and the local stations.
    Bloomers not sure if you will see this post as it is almost time for the next show. I am way behind and just watched the show this eve. as I always DVR and watch when I am able to. I have a provider that lets me record 4 shows at the same time and I don't have to be watching one of them. I live in the same state as your daughter - CT although closer to the Boston area, and must have another provider as I saw all the dances in their entirety. I agree it is not fair at all for the dancers who had this happen to them and are depending upon the voters at this point. I am not sure if it is the cable company or the local station who is at fault, but I would definitely complain and am sure many did. Don't know if I am dreaming, but seem to remember earlier in the season where someone wrote a post complaining they missed a routine. At the time voting was not being done, and not an issue, but now it is a different story. I hope that the issue gets resolved for all those affected. This week it affected Jasmine M and Alan, but may affect another couple tomorrow night. Certainly not fair to both dancers and viewers.

My fav dance of the night was the blind fold dance. I was in awe.

But I still don't have favs yet. I need to see more personaility from each of them.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    My fav dance of the night was the blind fold dance. I was in awe.

But I still don't have favs yet. I need to see more personality from each of them.
    I really liked it as well. I also loved Jasmine H and Aaron. She is stunning
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678