+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 6/25 SYTYCD 10 Top 20 Perform **West Coast Spoilers**

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: 6/25 SYTYCD 10 Top 20 Perform **West Coast Spoilers**

Loved the opening!
    Didn't agree with the negative comments for Nico and Alexis.
    I thought all my dancers did very very well.
    The "specialty" dancers did EXTREMELY well... BluPrint, Fik-Shun, Mariah, and even Curtis.
    My favorite number may have been Amy and Fik-Shun dancing Sonya's choreography. BOOYAH!

I think the level of accomplishment this season is quite high. It's gonna be tough!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

At least for tonight, Amy and Fik-shun killed it. Loved the opening number.
    Marlena_M and mesachick like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

They are all so good, & I was too hasty in choosing my dancers.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There isn't anyone I dislike this year. I think they did a good job with casting and finding likable dancers. It's going to be a fun season!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

To the Point

Totally not about the dancing, but Nigel has just gotten more and more creepy for me as the seasons have progressed. I can hardly listen or look at him without being just a bit grossed out. He just comes off as such a perv.

Dancing was just okay for me last night. Don't know if I just wasn't in the right frame of mind (not sure what that is) or if it was just truly underwhelming. I did enjoy the last three dances the most, I think....could be remembering incorrectly. I see a whole lot of room for improvement. I cannot remember names yet, but I believe it was Jasmine (of Jasmine & Aaron) has a killer body for dance....really long limbs with great extensions.

@NCLurker - I think either liking Nigel or not colors how you view him. I adore Nigel, I find him funny and very self-effacing. He knows people think he's creepy and he even jokes around about it and I find that endearing. I don't find his comments pervy at all because I get him and his British humor. Then again, as I said, it all depends on whether you like him or not.

I also wasn't super impressed last night, I think the choreographers have gotten lazy. The routines were lack luster, the dancers can only do so much with what they are given.

The best were the one Travis (GAH! I hate admitting that!) routine that I saw (my local station cut to commercial before I could see the blind fold one) and the Jasmine/Aaron one that was all long limbs. I think the Travis one was Amy/Fik-shun? I'm confusing myself so that may be three that I enjoyed. The rest were boring or bordering boring so much so that I barely remember them.

Oh wait, I remember the bumbling bumblebees that opened the show.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

I have not been that overly swept away with many of the group numbers to tell you the truth, but I absolutely loved that opening number. I thought they were all spot on, danced as we would see experienced professionals, and were thoroughly entertaining. They all looked like Broadway dancers on TV to me in that number.

I have watched many seasons of DWTS, and I know that contestants often have weeks to build up dance techniques that might help them before they have to tackle the jive. As someone previously noted before me, Mariah is a hard-hitting crumper. Suddenly, in one week she has to take on a dance in which she is supposed to be light, fast, and employ all kinds of different dance techniques - not to mention donning a totally different "look". I personally think she did very well all things considered.

I love musical theatre and Broadway; however, although I think both Tucker and Mackenzie are indeed powerhouse dancers both as a couple and as individual dancers, that routine was not substantial enough to showcase their abilities. It was too full of fluff and lacked substance. They ran around in and out of the sheets half of the time and danced too little.
    I have seen Broadway routines where the dancers danced their fannies off - even in shows like Mary Poppins - so I was disappointed that there was so little actual dancing in this one.

While the African Jazz routine on DWTS was more difficult than the one last night, I think the exemplified point was how well the two out-of-field dancers (ballroom and animators) peformed what was given to them to dance in so little time. Also, they were amazed that the completely untrained danced Blue Print as an animator not only pulled that off but was as loose through the body as he was in the routine. They evidently did not see any of this during auditions.

I like Aaron and his " want to succeed so badly" attitude. It makes me take a second and third look at him. What moves and steps he was given, he did well. He just wasn't given very much to do other than to support the spectacular Jasmine, who after last night has the ability - if she gains the popularity - to go right up to the end. The voters can be a fickle group, but if you listen to the judges' comments, they are already in her corner.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Darn, I forgot this was on and missed it.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

To the Point

Thing is, I loved Nigel in the earlier seasons....I get what you are saying Harmony2000, but I really did love him in the earlier seasons. I would rather he not play into that perception, but he does.

I still love Nigel, he jokes around a lot. I don't think he's a perv.
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast