+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 5/28 SYTYCD 10 Auditions, continued

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: 5/28 SYTYCD 10 Auditions, continued

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I was kind of bummed E-Knock didn't at least get to Vegas. From the little but of choreo we saw, I thought he was doing a more respectable job than Cyrus did at that point in the game!

I did not care for the last blonde ballroom dancer that they raved about. She was a good dancer, but she didn't stand out to me (not being an expert) and she was so artificial looking that I found it distracting. I had a similar reaction to the overly tan ballet dancer whose brother helped her get to auditions, but her dancing was so interesting that I ended up not paying attention to her superficial appearance!

The other young ballroom dancer whose brother stood in when her partner bailed out. OMGosh, I was SO distracted by her lack of clothing that I could not pay suitable attention to her dancing! She was a pretty curvy girl and I was amazed there were no wardrobe malfunctions!!!

I liked the guy who ran his family's studio with the "good feet". I want to see more of him.
    Yes, I agree with all of what you said. The 18 year old salsa dancer whose brother stepped in to partner... O-M-G yeah she's a curvy girl for a dancer fo-sho! And yeah I was all but covering my eyes waiting for something to pop and a body part to spring loose! I loved how close she and her brother are - those sibling relationships just fricken stab me in the heart and make me wish I had family.... well... wait... a family LIKE THAT (cuz I will gladly trade in the ones I was stuck with lol!!!).
    [mod edit]
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    {snip}
    Its still way better than DWTS and I love how Adam got up and acted like Bruno last night
    If I'm being honest, I think Adam did the best Bruno Tognoli impersonation ever! LOL! I love Adam - he's quite a lot of fun - and seeing him do Bruno was priceless.
    Florimel, Misty8723 and Hyper like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Thanks Fanny Mare for the song info.

I looked around and found out that the song that I liked so much was written and sung just for Tommy Good Feet (not Anthony - my mistake). How awesome is that to dance to music written just for you AND for the musician to be asked to sing something at such an important time.

AaronMolho.com
    Wow, that is really neat .Aaron has a really different sound doesn't he, wonderful for this show!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I forgot to mention that the dancer-beat boxer duo were really fun. They were both good and tied their performances together well. I like seeing stuff on this show that I've never seen before. I thought the beat boxer was particularly good and I hope he got some good notice out of that appearance!!
    Arielflies likes this.

I wonder if dancers who are so good in their own unique genre and entertaining (ie E-knock) decide to try out for SYTYCD shortly before auditioning. I would think if they had this desire earlier on they would spend the year, or at least 6 mos, prior to auditions learning other genres so they'd know enough to at least get through to Vegas and perhaps further. There are so many good dancers this year that I hope they don't get so taken in by someone so impressive only in a different genre, who they have an emotional attachment to, go on the show this year. I know they want a better variety of dances on the show, and certainly those new to the show, to be represented, but it bothers me when someone is pampered by the choreographers (and judges in their comments) and given easy choreo or choreo within their genere only just so they can stay - and then someone who is a really a standout dancer already gets sent home. It tasks my patience, especially when it gets farther and farther into the show. I just want to see the very best dancers....I don't care what genre they seem to be most experienced in.

I really love this show, but my enjoyment is greatly enhanced when watching a really beautiful talented dancer who takes my breath away as opposed to a lesser dancer who is just "entertaining". But I'm sure many prefer a mix of the 'entertainment only' factor...it does keep things from getting boring...but why not wow talented and entertaining. The show definitely opens doors for amateur dancers who would not otherwise be seen or have a chance at a wonderful career....perhaps I need to keep that more in mind. Not saying I don't want personality to count....that is all necessary and part of the package...just don't want it to be all personality and not so much talent except when their doing their own thing. Ok, now that I have rambled on too long and probably made no sense...I'll stop....
    ilja likes this.

E-Knock's audition. Good Lord, E-Knock's audition. I very, very rarely cry over anything in any competition, but his audition had me in tears. Just so powerful and moving, and I was so bummed that he didn't get to go through to Vegas
    Is there any chance they would bring him back? I watched him again tonight, he's so good.

Ok, now that I have rambled on too long and probably made no sense...I'll stop....
    Your post above made perfect sense JenCos, its a show that brings out many emotions
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Yes, I agree with all of what you said. The 18 year old salsa dancer whose brother stepped in to partner... O-M-G yeah she's a curvy girl for a dancer fo-sho! And yeah I was all but covering my eyes waiting for something to pop and a body part to spring loose! I loved how close she and her brother are - those sibling relationships just fricken stab me in the heart and make me wish I had family.... well... wait... a family LIKE THAT (cuz I will gladly trade in the ones I was stuck with lol!!!).
    [mod edit]
    I watched her again, and she had on something like a body stocking and her clothes were attached to it, or sewn on. Nothing was going to come off, it was all one piece
    Florimel and inthegarden like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I watched her again, and she had on something like a body stocking and her clothes were attached to it, or sewn on. Nothing was going to come off, it was all one piece
    I may have to go back and re-watch that. Usually I notice that kind of thing!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I may have to go back and re-watch that. Usually I notice that kind of thing!!
    Its not on her legs, and I didn't describe it well, but you can see the material
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123