+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 7/14 Top 12 Results Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/14 Top 12 Results Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I am not particularly enjoying this performance by Nicole S(I can't spell her name--sorry). And my husband just said this was this worst song he's ever heard.

FORT Fogey

Judges are unanimous with the girls. Ryan is leaving tonight. Finally!
    AZChristian and JavaJo like this.

FORT Fogey

Judges are not unanimous with the guys. They love Ricky. Alexander's solo "let him down." He is leaving tonight.

I know I am in the minority but I liked Alexander. Don't know who I would have sent home instead but I will miss him.
    JavaJo likes this.

On the West Coast. Thanks for preparing me. I'm so glad Ryan is finally gone but wish Alexander could have stayed.

I still have an hour before I get the show here....but I was curious - since we have been told to vote for our favorite dancer(s) how the results compared to number of followers each have on Twitter. I found Twitter followers pretty much fell in line with the AI results, so went and checked the SYTYCD accounts and came up with the following:

Alexander 2,753
    Mirchell 2,920
    Jess 4,079
    Ricky 4,509
    Tadd 6,322
    Marko 8,024

Clarice 2,903
    Caitlyn 5,165
    Ryan 5,856
    Jordan 6,917
    Sasha 8,419
    Melanie 13,588

At first I was surprised that Sasha was in bottom 3 tonight since her fan base is strong, but then I noticed Alexander's is the smallest - so combined it made sense. Melanie is by far the favorite girl - as if we did not already know that from just watching the show, and Marko the favorite boy. At the very beginning of the show Sasha had the most followers on Twitter, but after the first show Melanie quickly overtook her. Anyway, I think it will be interesting to see how these numbers change along the way....and how they actually affect the results.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdee2139 View Post
    On the West Coast. Thanks for preparing me. I'm so glad Ryan is finally gone but wish Alexander could have stayed.
    Ryan's (not Ryan and she's a she but ALEXANDER) solo looked liked he focused heavily on classical ballet. (I am not a dancer so I'm guessing about that.) Don't think that helped him.

I kinda knew he was gone when he was standing with Melanie (not Melanie--JORDAN) and Tadd. Tadd is the last hip hop guy and I think they wanted that representation on the tour.
    Last edited by Doats; 07-14-2011 at 09:18 PM. Reason: wrong girl AND wrong guy

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doats View Post
    Judges are not unanimous with the guys. They love Ricky. Alexander's solo "let him down." He is leaving tonight.

I know I am in the minority but I liked Alexander. Don't know who I would have sent home instead but I will miss him.
    Alexander was one of my two fave guys (Marko being the other). I am sad he is leaving.

Thanks from the West Coast. I'll actually watch tonight but appreciate the recaps and comments everyone provided

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I just finished watching the solos and have to say that even if the judges had wanted to keep Ryan I don't think there is any way they could have justified it after last night and tonight's performances....by far her worst...almost like she had just given up. I'm glad she finally is gone....but I am sorry to see Alexander leaving - something about him I really liked....but apparently it was not unanimous among the judges which speaks well for him. I do feel Sasha overpowered him as a partner...hope she gets a stronger partner this next week....would love to see her with Marko.

I like the idea of one dance with new partner and a second dance with one of the stars.....should be interesting. Hope the Choreo is strong for all the dances this next week.
    Minney likes this.

Woohoo! Ryan's gone!!!!!!!!!! Finally. Whew. I really didn't know which guy I wanted to see leave. I would have said Alex but since he did so well last night, I was kind of hoping to see him with an all star and a different partner. I'm just happy they kept Rickie. I think his solo was awesome. I just hope he starts dancing more masculine....although he did do very well last night. Hope he continues on that path.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

When they put Melanie and Marko on the stage next to Ryan and Ricki, I knew that the latter would be in the B3. There was no way that that gorgeous "light and dark" dance would lose out to Ryan's blah first dance.

As for the solos, I was only really impressed by Sascha among the girls. I thought the judges would save Ryan as usual, though, so at first I was surprised when they didn't. However, the cynical side of me wonders if they did so to avoid the humiliation of having her booted out by the voters next week. After all, they know that she'll go back to Mia and probably more tv shows.

Blast it, there was one guy who didn't grab me, either, but I can't remember who it is. I'm going to go back and watch them again tomorrow.

I have been meaning for a while now to say how much I have enjoyed the guest performers on the results show, or at least most of them. Tonight, though, I turned down the volume on Nicole S. For me, it was just cross-promotion for "The X-Factor" where she's a judge.

I didn't watch last season, so what happened to poor Alex? Did he get injured during a performance or during a practice like Mitchell? Bless his heart, I feel so sorry for him.
    Last edited by Babbred; 07-14-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast