+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 6/30 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 6/30 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    LOL!

She is actually one of the ones I can remember. This is what happens when you have a sea of sameness, they all blend into this huge blur with only the hiphop guys standing out. And Nigel thinks a girl will win, ha!
    Whoops! Sorry about missing poor Sasha. In my defense, I plead the "blur of sameness." I remember Ashley for the wrong reason: because of that risque routine with shirtless guy (Tadd?).

Good thing it's America's FAVORITE dancer and not most technically proficient/moving/etc.
    (sigh) Just like AI all over again. Don't get me started on this last season of AI...
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I can relate...I am rapidly losing interest in a lot of what used to be my favorite reality shows simply because there is nothing new to intrigue me. You can only recycle the same ideas so many times before they become trite.

SYTYCD has been moving in the wrong direction for the past 2 seasons...and this may be my last season to watch, unless they let Alex Wong come back as an All-Star.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I was listening to some music today and Gravity by Sara Bareilles came up in my shuffle. It inspired me to go back and watch Kayla and Kupono's performance to this song. That has to be one of the best performances ever on this show and I just can't imagine any of the dancers this season pulling off something like that. On top of that, I miss Mia's choreography. I know people complain about her, but sometimes she pulls brilliance out of her hat. The balance in this dance between Kupono trapping her, but then offering her just enough support to keep stringing her along is perfect!!! It makes me teary eyed every time I watch it.

If anyone else wants to be reminded of how sensational this show can be: YouTube - Season 5, Week 5 - Kayla & Kupono
    This is one of my all time faves. The choreo is so perfectly tuned to telling the story. And Kupono's facial expressions convey the darkness of addiction perfectly. This won an Emmy, by the way.
    Last edited by chompstick; 07-01-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    I support the right to arm bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella View Post
    I can relate...I am rapidly losing interest in a lot of what used to be my favorite reality shows simply because there is nothing new to intrigue me. You can only recycle the same ideas so many times before they become trite.

SYTYCD has been moving in the wrong direction for the past 2 seasons...and this may be my last season to watch, unless they let Alex Wong come back as an All-Star.
    Substitute American Idol for the above, and that's pretty much how I feel. I haven't watched every season of this show (last one I did was Katie and Mark), so I can't really compare. I know that so far, though, no particular dance has really stood out for me. That's why I have trouble remembering the dancers.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

A few interviews of dancers on You Tube were tweeted:

Couples interviewed were

Melanie and Ricky YouTube - ‪SYTYCD 8 Week 3 - Ricky Jaime and Melanie Moore‬‏

Sasha and Alex YouTube - ‪SYTYCD 8 Week 3 - Sasha Mallory and Alexander Fost‬‏

and the others were interviewed in groups and are also posted on that page.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella View Post

Maybe we should start watching at the All-Star point?

You know, I kind of feel a teeny bit sorry for Nigel. Last year people complained (twitter, etc) about the All-Stars taking away the spotlight from the current dancers. How the current dancers rode the popularity of the All-Star they happened to be paired with and how people didn't get the chance to get to know the current crop.

So he changed it.

And now we are complaining about wanting the All-Stars back, lol, he just can't win!

I think we've (most of us) have gotten to the point where anything he and the show does will be wrong because they seem to take our complaints and react to them with a sledge hammer instead of finesse. Yes, we did say that the All-Stars gave an unfair advantage to some of the contestants. But so does leaving them in the same couple. Mix them up!

I think bringing the All-Stars in at a later date is a good move but he fixed that and completely broke something else. I don't know, if the ratings continue to tank? This may not even be an issue much longer.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I have always loved to watch dancing, but am not a dancer. I remember so being awed by this show when it first came on. Everything was all new and very creative. Now, it just all seems like the same thing over and over again. I'm being bored by it. Very sad, as it was one of my favorite summer pleasures along with BB. Also, none of the dancers really stand out this year, except maybe the couple (can't even bother to remember any of the dancer's names) who danced as statues a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it will get better when the All-stars come into the picture. Hope so.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I thought Miranda was the most likely to be safe out of those three girls.
    I thought the same thing! I wasn't sure which if the other two girls was leaving but I was sure Miranda would be safe because of her solid routines and her amazing solo. I was so ticked to hear she was leaving. WTF????

SYTYCD does this to me a lot, though. I'm used to seeing my favorites leave earlier than expected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345