+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 8/11 Finale Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 8/11 Finale Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

It was a lame routine, but viewing audiences can't really separate out criticisms of routines from criticisms of dancers (especially since the show never allows a bad word to be said about their choreographers--ever).

My one observation is that Lauren had to dance three exhausting routines in about 40 minutes and was the more dynamic dancer all three times.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4034110;
    ...My one observation is that Lauren had to dance three exhausting routines in about 40 minutes and was the more dynamic dancer all three times.
    That's inevitable with only three dancers, and doing routines where they dance together. In a few minutes Robert will have done three out of the last four routines.

Kent & Allison - Contemporary

Very mature performance from Kent - and no faces!

Good lord that last number with Kent and Alison was pretentious.

At least it was the first routine for him tonight where arguably maybe he wasn't out-danced. And yes! No face pulling!

Even still, his top half always seems SO stiff when you see a girl next to him who's movement is fluid.

Ick. The "artist" card got pulled in the discussion. Pardon me while I plug my ears.

FORT Regular

Thank you Nigel for silencing the mics on the crowd!

And Kent was weirdly and powerfully affected by that routine.

FORT Fogey

If the dance thing doesn't work out, Kent would make a great model. His face is so transparent - every emotion registers. Photographers would love to work with someone like that.

Wow, I don't know who will win, but I can honestly say I won't be disappointed. I think this is the first season that I've felt that way. Tomorrow will be fun, interesting, heartbreaking, all tied in one.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Geez, Lauren really lays it all out in her solos. She puts more in that 30 seconds than most people do in 2 minutes.

Her not being in the bottom much (once, right?) has cheated us of more of these.

If the dance thing doesn't work out, Kent would make a great model. His face is so transparent - every emotion registers. Photographers would love to work with someone like that.
    True. He's got a face designed for the overly exaggerated expressions they LOVE for certain kinds of modeling.

FORT Fogey

Robert & Kathryn - Broadway

Spencer Liff is using West Side Story for an interrogation scenario. I'm an incredibly impressed! That was a dynamite performance.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 08-11-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Wait. Wait. If two numbers are left, and Lauren is next, that means that Kent gets BOTH "pimp spots" (first dance of the night AND the last).

Geez. Talk about favoritism. We ALL know those pimp spots make a difference.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4034154;
    Wait. Wait. If two numbers are left, and Lauren is next, that means that Kent gets BOTH "pimp spots" (first dance of the night AND the last).

Geez. Talk about favoritism. We ALL know those pimp spots make a difference.
    Going first is the death spot, not the pimp spot. So, Kent & Robert will get the last spot, with Lauren going second to last. (Make of that what you will.) At any rate, with only three people dancing over and over, I don't think placement really matters at this point.

Lauren & Pasha - Cha Cha

Lauren is doing well, but it's hard not to watch Pasha. (Or maybe that's just me.) There was a lighting glitch in the middle there during the big up-to-the-shoulder trick.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 08-11-2010 at 09:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast