+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 8/5 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 8/5 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Someone began a facebook page to lobby to get Betty White on Saturday Night Live and they made it happen. I'd like to see a facebook page to eliminate Mia as judge. If someone here knows how to set it up, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would sign it and maybe we could get her off the show or at least off the judges panel if they want to keep her as choreographer.

There's now a facebook page to get Betty White as host for the oscars so if you want to see how something like that is done, here's the link.

Getting Betty White to Host the Academy Awards | Facebook

I don't know if a person could be sued or kicked off facebook for setting up a page to get her off, but another way of doing it would be to let Nigel know how we feel at Nigel Lythgoe | Facebook

What do you think??
    Last edited by nabrudigam; 08-10-2010 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;4031814;
    My jaw just dropped after watching those two vids. Good on Adechike for seeing Mia for who/what she is, and not letting it affect him. Horrid flaming shame on Mia & Adam for such tacky comments and behavior during/after the broadcast. What are they, in high school???

They were hired as professional knowledgable judges, and as such they must show respect to every dancer on the show. Not giving a standing ovation to an eliminated contestant is just plain rude! I did notice something going on between them after the elimination annoucement. Wiishful thinking on my part, I thought they were happy Robert was in. But, no they were childishly celebrating Adechike's elimination.

It pains me to say it, but if these two aren't chastised for their behavior this year I have to be done with this show. I can't believe the TPTB would let this slide. I know my viewership means nothing to them, but if they are ok with this it speaks ugly volumes about the entire production, and I cannot continue to support it.
    Remember something....These are boards are read by those in power! They know what the "internet" audience is saying, and the internet audience is one of the loudest. I am sure there will be some sort of "apology" laid at the finale`. If will be "spun" to show that it was the OPINION of the judges not of the "SHOW" regardidng the comments by Adam and Mia. There will be some sort of "praise fest" for AdeCh and all that he did accomplish.

As to the theroy that this is a racist ploy..I find that revolting. I believe that is was just a personal preference for a type of dancer. Yes, I am sure certain choreographers prefer a certain "type" of dancer..but then don't we all? As the viewing audience, we prefer one kind/style over the other. Billy, Kent, Robert & AdeC were all the same style dancers...however look at the popularity that seperates these dancers...I believe that as people we are attracted to others for different reasons, personality, appearance, whatever the reason, we choose differently.

Adec, although talented, was the right choice to go. plain & simple. he showed no real growth, no improvement. That is my opinion and obviously the opinion of thousands of others...

The difference remains in the judges, who are suppose to be professional and able to put their personal differences aside..shame on them!

FORT Fogey

I forgot to post an observation from the Results show solos. Got distracted by the videos. Perhaps it was because they performed back-to-back with similar music, but I thought that Robert's and Adechike's solos looked similar. As if the same creative influence was present when they choreographed them. They were both fabulous! To me, that's when both of them shine the most, in their solos. It was just interesting watch.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;4031881;
    Remember something....As to the theory that this is a racist ploy..I find that revolting.!
    Racism is not a "ploy". A person is either a racist or not and many on the internet have called Mia a racist. As mentioned, I do not throw out the term as lightly as others sometimes do. That's why I said I am loathe to bring it up and that I hoped it wasn't true. The only reason I bring it up is because so many others have. Maybe not here, but on many other groups and the comments on "you tube" and elsewhere. But preferring one style of dance over another cannot be the reason he was treating so disrepectfully.

I hate krumping and popping, but I wouldn't see that as a reason to disrespect a dancer by not applauding them when they exited when everyone else got the standing O. With all due respect, your reasoning that they didn't give him a standing O just because they preferred another style of dance just sounds like an excuse
    Adec, although talented, was the right choice to go. plain & simple. he showed no real growth, no improvement. That is my opinion and obviously the opinion of thousands of others...
    The issue is not whether he should have gone home or not. The issue is how they disrected him as opposed to how they treated Jose. Jose was treated with respect and (dare I say it) love and he wasn't anywhere near the dancer that AdeC is so there has to be another reason why AdeC was treated as badly as he was. And then to laugh about it in an interview for all the world to see was just rubbing salt in the wound.

Mia's excuse was bad enough but then, Adam made it worse by admitting he only stood because he saw AdeC look in his direction and then sat down and stood again when AdeC looked in his direction again.

Remember, I'm the one that said I did not buy the theory that there was a judges "conspiracy" against AdeC. The judges themselves proved me wrong and in the interest of fairness, I have to admit that and apologize to those who's opinion I previously doubted..

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;4031814;
    My jaw just dropped after watching those two vids. Good on Adechike for seeing Mia for who/what she is, and not letting it affect him.
    I have read and heard elsewhere that if you really want to complain, it's the companies that sponsor the shows that you have to contact as well as the show itself. Sponsors do not like negative comments and ultimately will drop a show if they get too many complaints.

While I wouldn't want to have them cancel the show, I would want them to drop Mia as a judge and maybe Adam as well; or at least reprimand them publically for their behavior. Publically because they disrespected him publically..

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Did I watch a different YouTube video than the rest of you? I must have. In the video I watched, Mia said that to her standing ovations are sacred and she only gives them to legends... such as Desmond Richardson... essentially that other people give them so easily and freely that they lose all meaning. Adam basically said he didn't give the standing ovation because he's afraid of Mia (and needs to go to Rent-A-Spine for their deluxe model)... he wanted to and he wanted Adechike to know he was giving him one but in the end he's a sniveling wimp who is more afraid of the wrath-of-Mia than he is of revealing to others that he has no integrity. It's totally as if Adam caved to peer pressure... he's never grown up and is still back in high school, emotionally.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;4032528;
    Did I watch a different YouTube video than the rest of you? I must have. In the video I watched, Mia said that to her standing ovations are sacred and she only gives them to legends... such as Desmond Richardson... essentially that other people give them so easily and freely that they lose all meaning.
    Are you saying you've never seen her give a standing O other than to Richardson? For all I know you could be right because I don't pay that much attention to the judges but, yes I saw that video and here's another one where she says, "I'm shocked that AdeChike is in the top four because of the quality of dancers we've had".

YouTube - ‪Mia Michaels Weighs In On "SYTYCD" Finalists‬‎

What's shocking about him being in the top four? She goes on to day, "I love Lauren and Kent. I love Robert too."
    Not a word about Chike except, "I'm shocked AdeChike is in the top four." I wonder what she would have said if Jose had been in the top four.

I was waiting for her to use the excuse she used when she kept trashing Brandon and she said, "I tend to be harder on the best dancers".

I wonder which comments Nigel reads. The ones on facebook, the ones on Fox message boards. I thought maybe the reason Mia left last year was because of everyone's comments and that maybe they brought her back with the stipulation that she tone down a bit and there may be a hint of that in this other video where she does say she has to watch how she says things.

I'm just not crazy about how Mia seems to "love" someone or she vehemently dislikes them. Her critiques seem to be based on how much she likes them rather than their dancing. We did see this last with Brandon - she intensely disliked him for no reason that I could see even though IMO Brandon was obviously a spectacular dancer and she seemed to be projecting some imaginary personality onto him. Completely unprofessional.

Also, yes, I'm pretty sure I've seen Mia stand for other contestants on the show. Maybe someone here can confirm whether she has or not and for who?

Anyway, the video where Chicke says "thank you" to Mia: he is a class act and just a nice kid.

PS - No disrespect meant to the kitties!!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4032597;
    Are you saying you've never seen her give a standing O other than to Richardson? {snip}
    For the most part, I don't pay attention to what Mia says or does since I don't care for her one bit. I was just going by that one video clip that people here seemed to react so strongly to.

Mia is condescending, rude and down-right mean. Mary was shrill and obnoxious. I don't care for either of them but for totally different reasons. I think without Mia on the judging panel, Adam might have some integrity but his whole lack of backbone and having the mentality of a high-school dweeb that'll do anything to fit in, well, just turns me off. I don't care how famous or good of a choreographer you are, first you gotta be a decent human being... with a spine

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4032597;
    , here's another one where she says "I'm shocked that AdeChike is in the top four because of the quality of dancers we've had".
    I think she explains pretty well--Had there not been several injuries this season, he would have been gone weeks ago.

[QUOTE=nabrudigam;4032597;]What's shocking about him being in the top four? [/ QUOTE]

Well, for me, it's pretty shocking that he was there when I think about past season's Top 4, and can't think of a one that wasn't better. And it's nothing to do with Adechike as a person, and everything to do with what kind of dancer he is--in my opinion, he is the kind that really wasn't quite ready this year and got kept around due to other's injuries and the fact that the public doesn't 'like' Billy who was in my opinion by far the superior dancer.

I don't like Mia's personality, but I do agree that standing O is given far too often, kind of like making sure every single kid that plays a sport gets a trophy; it no longer means much.

I don't see how mia could be labeled racist either, given her past support of dancers like Will, Danny, Twitch, Alex, and (can't think of the Japanese breaker who was on a few seasons ago)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast