FORT Fogey

7/28 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Welcome to Top Six Redux!

Keep all discussion here until 1am EST.

Toni Redpath is guest judge.

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/28 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Kent & Anya - Cha Cha

The theme is "My First Kiss". Some nice dancing here, but I'm not quite buying Kent as the "bad boy".

I think this was better than his first attempt, you can see some growth. I agree with the comments about Kent's face, he does still make faces but his explanation that it is his joy in dancing also makes sense. I think the teens will vote for him if all he did was walk around the stage counter-clockwise.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Robert & Kathryn - Contemporary

Stacey Tookey is doing a story about a soldier saying goodbye. I wonder if she will be creative enough to make Kathryn the one going off to war.

FORT Fogey

Stacey Tookey is doing a story about a soldier saying goodbye. I wonder if she will be creative enough to make Kathryn the one going off to war. YES! She does - good for her. Nice routine; Robert handles the acting and performance very well. The choreography didn't stand out that much for me though.

I'm a little confused, didn't Nigel say that Robert wasn't growing in his dance during last week's results show, and then tonight he said that Robert has grown. Maybe I am mis-remembering what was said last week, but that's what I thought of when I heard Nigel's comment. I really, really like Robert.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;4010776;

Stacey Tookey is doing a story about a soldier saying goodbye. I wonder if she will be creative enough to make Kathryn the one going off to war. YES! She does - good for her. Nice routine; Robert handles the acting and performance very well. The choreography didn't stand out that much for me though.
    Enjoyed the "storyline" dancing wasn't off the charts...too bad.. cause this one had "emmy" writin' all over it (from a theroy standpoint)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;4010785;
    I'm a little confused, didn't Nigel say that Robert wasn't growing in his dance during last week's results show, and then tonight he said that Robert has grown....
    Yeah, Nigel doesn't always spell that out very well. I think his comments tonight were directed specifically at Robert's performance (acting, character) abilities, since he started off by talking about his initial goofiness. As I recall his criticism last week was more toward not advancing in his technical dance skills.

Any one else want to comment?

Jose Solo

That was the most entertaining solo I've seen him do.

AdéChiké & Courtney - Jazz

Tyce has put together a Jazz routine set to actual Jazz music by Dizzy Gillespie. AdéChiké is an amazing dancer. But it felt a bit too controlled for me - which is what can happen with a highly trained dancer.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-28-2010 at 08:34 PM.

Jose has an "infectious" smile, but I am getting bored with his dancing, nothing new IMHO
    Last edited by fan*addict; 07-28-2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: edited for grammer!

Didn't like the jazz dance by AdeC and partner. I don't think the dance was stylized enough for the music.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast