+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/24 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 6/24 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Annika;3950098;
    Why is Melinda still standing? Because producers know that a little taste of Sanjaya makes the ratings buzz.
    For her to be Sanjaya, viewers would have to love her unreasonably out of line with her actual talent. In other words, the "Sanjaya effect" is about the public and not the producers... so it doesn't apply here. At least to her (I'm half convinced it applies to Kent, who I'm sorry... is only about half as good as he's being sold as).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I would have been happy to have had BOTH Christina and Melinda go home last night. Neither are fantastic and for some reason are not connecting to the audience. There were better dancers let go in Vegas than these 2 ladies, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3949789;
    Agree. The sad thing is, if she can't get votes with a "Pasha Doble", I don't know what else she can do that will be better.
    The only thing she could have done better was be a guy, because I thought she was smoking. I hate , hate , hate that they picked 6 guys and 5 women knowing how the public votes on these shows (No matter how bad a guys does or how good a women does, they always see the guy doing better or make excuses for him).

To me Robert should have gone for 3 reasons:

1. He is a guy (they really should have picked Ryan Ramirez as the six girl instead of Robert as the six guy)

2. He's contemporary and they have an over abundance of them on the show

3. He hasn't impressed me that much
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 06-25-2010 at 10:52 AM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3950299;
    The only thing she could have done better was be a guy, because I thought she was smoking. I hate , hate , hate that they picked 6 guys and 5 women knowing how the public votes on these shows (No matter how bad a guys does or how good a women does, they always see the guy doing better or make excuses for him).

To me Robert should have gone for 3 reasons:

1. He is a guy (they really should have picked Ryan Ramirez as the six girl instead of Robert as the six guy)

2. He's contemporary and they have an over abundance of them on the show

3. He hasn't impressed me that much
    And his facial expressions drive me nuts!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3949802;
    Does anyone know when the judges stop choosing who goes home?
    They haven't said, but my guess is at Top 6 or maybe Top 5 since in seasons past the judges have stopped eliminating at Top 10 (three weeks before the finale).

FORT Fogey

I can't believe Melinda made the cut - I want our voice to count! Christina is not much better, but that was a great Paso. How could Nigel not see why we do not connect with Melinda!!! She's terrible and does not engender any emotion from her dancing... I wish Ryan had made it, she'd still be here. I never thought I'd wish for Mary to be on the panel..

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3950572;
    I can't believe Melinda made the cut - I want our voice to count! Christina is not much better, but that was a great Paso. How could Nigel not see why we do not connect with Melinda!!! ..
    Nigel agrees with you. He voted to cut Melinda, as well. He was overridden by Mia and Adam.

I agree about Melinda. I love tap dancing, but I want to see a female tapper dance like Vera Ellen or Ann Miller or Chita Rivera or Paula Kelley or Ann Reinking.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3950725;
    I agree about Melinda. I love tap dancing, but I want to see a female tapper dance like Vera Ellen or Ann Miller or Chita Rivera or Paula Kelley or Ann Reinking.
    I'm with you, but I don't know if there are many people teaching that style of tap anymore. Most of the new tappers are in the Savion Glover hip-hop, pound-the-floor style.

I originally liked the idea of this format, but I think the fact that they started with only 11 has really made the talent pool shallow. This is the weakest top 10 (9 now) ever. Only 1 guy and 1 girl really shines to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast