+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 5/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3916744;
    Edward Spots - amazing! So brilliant technically! One to watch.

...and they're sending him to choreography????
    That makes no sense. This guy was better than several that got tickets to Vegas.

I do not remember him from a previous season, but that audition was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3916750;
    He's with Alvin Ailey dance company. One of the best modern companies in New York.
    I've heard of them, why is that a bad thing? I don't get it. Or did he ask if he was still tied to them or something. Is that why they couldn't keep him last time? Like Wong who was still under contract with his dance company.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3916754;
    I've heard of them, why is that a bad thing? I don't get it. Or did he ask if he was still tied to them or something. Is that why they couldn't keep him last time? Like Wong who was still under contract with his dance company.
    It's not a bad thing - Nigel said he was happy that Ed was with them and he thought that they had helped strengthen him. Ed is there with a fellowship, which is like a being a student, not a contract member of the company. So he shouldn't have an obstacle joining the competition.

FORT Fogey

On to Miami! Jason Guilkensen and Sonya are judging with Nigel.

Michael Petr is the first up - a ballroom dancer - really good.

Alvin Ailey dancers tends to be very rigid dancers. Phenomenal but very vacant performers that don't win popularity contests.
    Too focused, too trained and too good. My biggest peeve is that many of the male dancers are too effeminate. They maybe muscular but have these feminine qualities that drives me nuts. Not all but many...and many can't do the other styles or partner well in styles outside of ballet or modern dance/jazz.

Megan wasn't all that good, not worth the tears. Her center of balance was horrible, she kept having to correct herself and that is because of her weight. Her spirit was infectious and she was a joy to watch dance but the fact is she will never be a professional dancer because of her body shape and because she isn't all that good.

"Dad can you hear me?" HAHAH awesome.

Miami. I want to see some hot salsa.

Glad the ballet kid made it through, he's sweet (and a good dancer and not contemporary!)

AH, thanks for clearing that up, TopCatDC (by the way, we are neighbors. I live in Williamsburg). I was having a really hard time understanding him tonight.

Another 30 year old? Is this normal? "Hungry Eyes" hahah the show is mocking him. I really don't like when these male dancers come out and act like they are hot poopie but in a really skeevy way. Ick. Can't get past that to enjoy the dancing. She's so much better than him.

FORT Fogey

Tyrell Rolle - Beautiful lines; very well trained. Something about his lower body is not as good as his upper body.

Terrell is proof that you can get the training even in the poorest and worst neighborhoods. Now he is something special. Are those gang tats on his arm? Hmmm....I wonder if he will make it through the background check. Sweet kid, I'd love to see him make it far in this competition. His story moved me and to think the judges didn't cry over the one who should have been cried over *sighs*.

I didn't notice the issues with the bottom part of his body, will watch it back this weekend (this is the only show I watch twice lol to catch things I missed the first time) and look for it.

FORT Fogey

Starting late and will have to go back to catch most of the show. Thought Tyrell was wonderful to watch. He was like liquid.

I didn't care for the ballroom dancer from Germany, that Burn the Floor couple from New York was way, way better than this guy.

Tyrelle was very good. I bet he will be able to adapt to other styles of dance easily.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast