+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Season 7 Spoiler Thread

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Season 7 Spoiler Thread

It's currently Vegas Week, IRL, for SYTYCD, Season 7.

According to sytycdism, these are some of the notables still in the running:

Billy Bell (had to drop out of Season 6 due to illness)
    Alex Wong (eliminated from Season 7 due to existing contract with Miami Ballet)
    Alexie Agdeppa (made it to the Green Mile in Season 6)

Brandon Dumlao, the guy who replace Billy Bell and was eliminated right away but told he could try out again, has been cut.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Season 7 Spoiler Thread

According to sytycdism, there is currently a top 24 selected for this coming season. They will do the green mile to find out if they made the top 10, but that will probably not happen until they start airing the auditions. In the meantime, “spies” have learned who some of the top 24 are:

Guys (7 of 12 known)
    Billy Bell (contemporary)
    Kent Boyd (contemporary/jazz)
    Free Deck (breakdancing)
    Anthony Kin (hip hop)
    Adrian Lee (contemporary)
    Robert Roldan (contemporary)
    Alex Wong (ballet)

Girls (9 of 12 known)
    Alexie Agdeppa (contemporary)
    Lexie Contursi (contemporary)
    Lauren Frodeman (contemporary/jazz)
    Ashley Galvan (contemporary/jazz)
    Bridget Krouse (contemporary/jazz)
    Ryan Ramirez (contemporary/modern)
    Christina Santana (salsa)
    Cheryl Smith (contemporary)
    Melinda Sullivan (tap)

I remember Alex Wong, he was really good. I wonder if he makes it through this time? I'd love to see a really strong male ballet dancer on this show.

I'm so tired of the contemporary dancers! So many of them are generic. Every now and then you get someone like Ellenore but usually not! I was hoping for ballernias! Alex Wong is a lock. I still want more! I really liked Melissa. I always love a good salsa dancer.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

The list of "All-Stars" for season 7 has been released (according to Kristin at E!):
    Twitch, Kathryn McCormick, Allison Holker, Anya Garnis, Lauren Gottlieb, Neil Haskell, Pasha Kovalev, Dominic "D-trix" Sandoval, Comfort Medoke, Courtney Galiano, Mark Kanemura and Ade Obayomi.

Source: This Just In: Your So You Think You Can Dance All-Stars Revealed! - E! Online

With a few exceptions, I'm fairly non-plussed.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Enough with the contemporary dancers! Gah, it gets so boring watching them do the same couple of things in their solos over and over. They can't honestly tell me that they aren't getting enough solid dancers in other genres? Look at the girls, there are two (TWO!) that aren't contemporary. That is ridiculous. This is going to be one very boring season if they don't mix it up more.

I loved Alex Wong! I am very happy to see him on the list; I really hope he makes it this time. I also thought Billy Bell was amazing last year and I'd love to see him on the show, too. I'm sad that Brandon Dumlao is already cut; I thought he was good last year.

I am also very excited about most of the All-Stars that are coming back - I love Anya, Pasha, Dominic, Kathryn and Allison! Thanks for posting the spoilers. I think it's going to be a good season.

FORT Fogey

Happy to see Ade, Anya, and Courtney back

You'd think there was no other genre than contemporary for females going by the contestant lineup. Do these other genres not audition as much? I don't know why we're always stacked with female contemporary dancers. Not knocking them, but the same variety we seem to achieve on the male side would be nice to see on the female side too.

FORT Fogey

Well, I love contemporary, modern, ballet, jazz and Broadway - so no complaints on that score. But I agree, there have to be more ballroom people. We don't have the whole list, and only ten will be cast. Since I'm sure they're going to cast a mix of styles, that actually means that the contemporary dancers will probably be more ruthlessly culled and dancers in other styles have a better chance of making it on the show due to the lack of competition.

I wish we had dancers who do traditional or ethnic dances. I love those types of dances! African Dance is so dynamic! I wish we had some of that!
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast