Re: Season 7

Umm, Where is Mary Murphy?

FOX FLASH - FOX PRIMETIME
    Monday, May 10, 2010

HOT FROM FOX…

MIA MICHAELS AND ADAM SHANKMAN JOIN NIGEL LYTHGOE
    AS RESIDENT JUDGES ON “SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE”

Season Seven Premieres Thursday, May 27, on FOX

Emmy Award-winning choreographer Mia Michaels and acclaimed director and choreographer Adam Shankman will return to SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE as the series’ resident judges. Michaels – who has been a guest judge and choreographer on SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE since its first season – will sit alongside Shankman and Nigel Lythgoe as the new judge and draw upon her expertise to critique and praise the dancers throughout the competition.

“I am extremely happy that Mia and Adam have returned and agreed to be resident judges,” said Nigel Lythgoe, executive producer/co-creator, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. “Mia’s outsp

Mary is now taking the place of guest judge, she will be a judge all through auditions, and will be be a guest judge after...

I really like Mary, and Im glad she's still part of the show...not sure why she was downgraded to guest judge though...maybe they just wanted to change things up... its also said that

Click to see Spoiler:
    the top ten eliminations will only eliminate ONE dancer a week...
    (kinda a spoiler I guess...)

This is great news! I think Mary's okay, but I can only take her in very small doses. Her voice grates. I like Mia better and I think she'll bring something new to the show and to the judges' table.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I like it! No more of Mary's screaming all the time.

I don't know. Even though Mary is pretty hyper, I find her criticisms are more useful and constructive than Mia's. Mary points out issues with technique and often comments on parts of the dance that wouldn't be known otherwise. Mia usually talks about how she didn't "feel it" or that she "doesn't like" the dancer. As a judge, I feel that Mia is about as useful and articulate as Lil C.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3899490;
    I don't know. Even though Mary is pretty hyper, I find her criticisms are more useful and constructive than Mia's. Mary points out issues with technique and often comments on parts of the dance that wouldn't be known otherwise. Mia usually talks about how she didn't "feel it" or that she "doesn't like" the dancer. As a judge, I feel that Mia is about as useful and articulate as Lil C.
    I agree with you about Mary and Mia. I guess Adam will have to take over the sole role of giving constructive criticism this year.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I'm not happy about this change and will definitely be fast forwarding through all the judges comments.

Mia can be so mean, she develops an irrational hatred of a dancer (Brandon, anybody??) and spends the rest of the season completely destroying them verbally to the point where it's uncomfortable. I was glad she had left the judging panel but the good thing is that if she is a judge then I won't be subjected to her personal therapy sessions via dance routines. She was a total failure in those more than she got it right (I did really like SOME of her routines but the majority I didn't).

And yet another step in the direction of completely obliterating ballroom from this show. First they can't seem to be able to find any talented ballroom dancers and now they got rid of the one judge who whenever she would stop with her stupid train routine actually gave really insightful critiques and educated us on various ballroom techniques.

Adam proved to be an overly emotional idiot last season and now he's got Mia with him to egg that on....this is going to be a loooong season *sighs* and prepares thumb for the work out it's going to get hitting that FF button.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3899694;
    I'm not happy about this change and will definitely be fast forwarding through all the judges comments.

Mia can be so mean, she develops an irrational hatred of a dancer (Brandon, anybody??) and spends the rest of the season completely destroying them verbally to the point where it's uncomfortable. I was glad she had left the judging panel but the good thing is that if she is a judge then I won't be subjected to her personal therapy sessions via dance routines. She was a total failure in those more than she got it right (I did really like SOME of her routines but the majority I didn't).

And yet another step in the direction of completely obliterating ballroom from this show. First they can't seem to be able to find any talented ballroom dancers and now they got rid of the one judge who whenever she would stop with her stupid train routine actually gave really insightful critiques and educated us on various ballroom techniques.

Adam proved to be an overly emotional idiot last season and now he's got Mia with him to egg that on....this is going to be a loooong season *sighs* and prepares thumb for the work out it's going to get hitting that FF button.
    I agree with everything you just said, Harmony.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I like rotating judges best for this show. There is too much of a contemporary presence on the show already. I hope the cast is more diverse this season.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Who is John Galt?

I agree with many of the above comments. Mary was the ONLY ballroom judge they have had on the show and the ballroom dancer contestants need an advocate on their side and someone who knows how the contestants should be dancing the routines.

Mia is a train wreck on a good day. She is hyper-critical, plays favorites, and I don't particularly care for her choreography either. I also don't care how the dancer(s) make the judges FEEL, I want to know how well they performed and interpreted the dance.

Alan Shankman is okay as a judge, a bit too long winded and emotional in his critiques for my taste, but tolerable.

Nigel is the best judge, but they need a ballroom judge rather than a lot of contemporary judges that aren't that knowledgeable about ballroom numbers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast