+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 12/9 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/9 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3765841;
    Artem *sighs* Is Carrie Ann over on DWTS still with him? I would have LOVED to see him on that show, too bad he had to go and hook up with a judge.
    He's been on the show before during the pro dances. Matter of fact, he danced this past season, near the end.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Re: Mollee

I'm fine with Mollee not making it to the finals, but from the comments over the past two days I get the impression that most people didn't really see Mollee dancing last night - because she was a complete dancer for the first time this season. The waltz was mature, nuanced, and beautiful. The Broadway was perfectly executed and in character. My theory is that people had already made up their minds about her - and they saw the image they had come to dislike - the giddy High School Musical girl. Even when she finally was able to put aside all those things, in many people's minds she was already type-cast. If you have last night's show recorded - go back and look at those numbers. I don't think Kathryn or Noelle could have done them more beautifully.
    I agree with this statement COMPLETLY!..I think Mollee "came into her own" too late in the competition, I wish she had been paired with someone other than Nathan in the early weeks...I think we would have seen more growth from her, regardless .....she has been given great exposure from the format of this show and if she takes any advice away from this show it should be what the judges suggested to her...DO BROADWAY!

Who is John Galt?

Unlike many of you on the board, I think they eliminated the two least talented dancers - Legacy and Mollee. Ashleigh, up until her injury, was terrific in every dance, Eleanor was pretty good and has a great personality, but Mollee faltered quite a few times, especially with Nathan. Jakob is fantastic - no argument there and he should win based on talent alone. Ryan is a great ballroom dancer and more adaptable to other styles than any previous male ballroom dancer in previous seasons. Russell is the better choice to stay, Legacy was inconsistent and his posture was bad. Russell is more versatile. I think the viewers made the right choices all around this time.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3765274;
    I'm watching this Asian pop group: Wondergirls. All I can think of is the number A Bushel and a Peck from Guys and Dolls. I guess pretty dancing girls in sparkley costumes are always in style.
    My sister loves Korean group... I don't.. but the only song and group I enjoyed listening and watching is the Wondergirls. I'm so glad to see them got invited to preform.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3765795;
    Okay I have a huge issue with Ashleigh going to the final, just like I had an issue with Noelle getting a pass simply because....

A few seasons back when Jessi was supposed to dance with Pasha and she got sick and had to go to the emergency room, they did not give her a pass. I mean I didn't care for her as a dancer, but it's still unfair to do that to one dancer and then let other dancers have a pass when they're unable to perform. The judges ended up automatically sending her to the bottom and made her dance for her life where they eliminated her afterward. I really think if there was already a precedent set for it in other shows, they should have followed the same procedure. I bet that if Jessi still follows the show, she's probably feeling extremely bitter and angry right about now.
    Hey, I remember that, we were at that taping!

FWIW, Jessi overexerted herself but was cleared by medical to perform the "following" day. Both Ashleigh and Nicole this season were so injured that medical could not clear them to dance at all, so the situations aren't quite the same as they were back then. I guess the question would have been what Ashleigh or Nicole would have been asked to do on elimination night had they recovered sufficiently to perform solos... and in Ashleigh's case it was after the judges had lost their power so I'm not sure there WAS any recourse to letting us vote since there's no way given the timing that they could have pulled back an eliminated contestant as an alternate.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3765795;
    Okay I have a huge issue with Ashleigh going to the final, just like I had an issue with Noelle getting a pass simply because....

A few seasons back when Jessi was supposed to dance with Pasha and she got sick and had to go to the emergency room, they did not give her a pass. I mean I didn't care for her as a dancer, but it's still unfair to do that to one dancer and then let other dancers have a pass when they're unable to perform. The judges ended up automatically sending her to the bottom and made her dance for her life where they eliminated her afterward. I really think if there was already a precedent set for it in other shows, they should have followed the same procedure. I bet that if Jessi still follows the show, she's probably feeling extremely bitter and angry right about now.

P.S. - I know a lot of you are going to argue that you can't compare the two seasons, but seriously, I don't think anyone should get a free pass if they haven't given all the other dancers who worked equally as hard a free pass.
    I don't really get the judges... I wasn't happy with how they're handling the Noelle/Jessi situations.

However...

With Ashleigh, it's a completely different situation. We've seen her dance to other styles week after week until this last week which determine the finalists. Unlike the Jessi/Noelle, the decision was made entirely by the audience by this time; the judges won't be the ones who have the power to eliminate the bottom two/three. So the judges let the audience decide was actually a fair thing to do, and it's no free pass...

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I interrupt this thread to step in as the sole voice of disappointment over Legacy not making the finale.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

I prefer Legacy over Russell... So it's sad to not see him in the finale.

Ryan in the final was just WOW. Did not expect that... He was great but out of all the guys, he seems to be the less popular one. Color me surprise.

Oh yeah, from the video of them unwrapping presents... I really found Jakob to be really CUTE in pajama. *giggle*

Russell's at the bottom of my list, but I'm fully expecting him to win. I'm preparing myself to not be too disappointed when/if it happens.

I think his biggest competition is Jakob. But funny enough, out of the other 5 dancers, he's my least favorite. I love his dancing, his talent... but I like the other 4 better. I would prefer Jakob winning over Russell (as I like Jakob way more than Russell), but I would still be a bit disappointed.

Ryan comes next in my list, although he's just slightly above Jakob. The great thing is that if he happened to win, it would be one of the most shocking wins ever. I'm not expecting it to happen though.

That leaves the 3 girls. I think Ellenore and Kathryn tie as my second-favorite. I haven't really liked Kathryn throughout the season, but I love to see someone who has been overshadowed in the beginning (she wasn't shown at all during the audition stage), but then still manages to make it far based mostly on their talent. And then Ellenore is just super quirky, and I like that about her. The alien talk has gotten a little annoying, especially when Adam decided to talk to her in her "language." It just got repetitive, fast. Other than that, she's great at dancing, and she has had many memorable dances.

And that leaves Ashleigh. I think it would be a great underdog story if she happened to win. She definitely began the show with many people against her, doubting her talent. But week after week, she brought it. I think what helped that was her partnership with Jakob. They were a great couple. I want to see Ashleigh win, but I doubt it'll happen.

Plus, there's the injury. I really wish it never happened. If she actually happened to win, then there would be a lot of backlash, and I'm kind of dreading that. I definitely understand why people are upset with her getting through without having to dance, but at the same time, she couldn't do anything about it. It was just an unfortunate circumstance, and it sucks it even happened.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

So pissed. The wrong people went home. It should have been Ryan and Ashleigh. I thought for sure it would be them. What a shame. Two of my faves.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread