+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3715437;
    The guy who did New Orleans Bounce was alot of fun to watch. He went straight to Vegas - I was surprised they didn't have him do the choreography.

YouTube - New Orleans Bounce Exposed on So You Think You Can Dance

I missed Nigel tonight, it was strange without him!
    I was too until I thought a minute. Nigel missed being in on it and there must have been some discussion about sending some entertaining dancers straight through. That is the only reason I can think of. There is no way this kid can make it through choregraphy. It is also a new form of dance so by letting him through it gets a little more exposure. They are all about that in the dance world.

Little C cannot be more irritating. Time to let him go. He embarrasses himself every time he opens his mouth and doesn't even realize it! He makes up words, is the king of malaprops and just not that bright.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

My favorite of the night was the ice dancing couple... I can't imagine why the guy was not auditioning also!!
    Their dance was beautiful. I want more of that kind of dancing. I'm with you guys... contemporary is just getting a little stale for me. Looking forward to the Vegas round next week!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3715476;
    Little C cannot be more irritating. Time to let him go. He embarrasses himself every time he opens his mouth and doesn't even realize it! He makes up words, is the king of malaprops and just not that bright.
    Oh thank goodness someone else thinks that! He's annoying and my God, he tried so damn hard to coin the "Buck" and make it popular. When he says buck, ever time I immediately think "Doe" He's really full of himself, too, and absolutely and completely in love with Mia. She's the only other one he mentions and he sings her praises pretty much every time he opens his mouth. His only redeeming quality for me is how soft spoken he is. He has a nice, soft, pleasant voice.....until he says "Buu-uuck".

As for the sob stories, I enjoy seeing where some of these people come from but I'd rather see uplifting clips. Such as them at home with their families, friends or at the dance studio where they train. I know that may not have the pull that the sob story does, but I'd rather see happy clips. I felt bad for the guy who grew up really poor and turned to drugs and petty crime, but come on. I grew up dirt poor, too (and believe me, my sob story is much worse than his) and it didn't drive me to do illegal things. He was using it as an excuse for bad behavior. And SYTYCD showcased it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quick question regarding the episode that aired on Tuesday night, 9/29, the Atlanta auditions.

There was a girl with one hand that danced. Her left hand had been amputated a year and a half prior.
    Anyway...would anyone happen to know the song she danced to? And the artist?

Thanks!

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I'm hoping that the last guy that they showcased... the "crack baby" that grew up with his aunt... makes the most of this opportunity to go to Las Vegas. If he does not make the Top 20 (and who knows if he is good at other styles), then I'm thinking he should stay & look for work in Vegas. He might be able to get a job as a dancer there, or get some other type of job. I hope he doesn't feel like he has to return to slumville if he does not make the cut.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3715550;
    Quick question regarding the episode that aired on Tuesday night, 9/29, the Atlanta auditions.

There was a girl with one hand that danced. Her left hand had been amputated a year and a half prior.
    Anyway...would anyone happen to know the song she danced to? And the artist?

Thanks!
    If you need to check the music and artist they have it on Fox's SYTYCD site, for Jessica she danced to Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek. It was used in a group performance top 6- in Season 2 as well

I have such trouble at times understanding why 'this person' is sent through to Vegas, while 'that person' goes to choreo. Like that first guy who did the "bounce" - they sent him through to Vegas, right? WTH? That wasn't nearly enough to give me confidence he could learn a tango quickly, or do a foxtrot, or even a contemporary piece.

But those judges always see things I just don't see.

Oh yeah, and I agree, Mary didn't look like she was feeling well. I hope she's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3715695;
    If you need to check the music and artist they have it on Fox's SYTYCD site, for Jessica she danced to Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek. It was used in a group performance top 6- in Season 2 as well

Thanks

I never thought to look there......
    My daughter thought that's who it was, but wasn't positive.

While I am guessing that the guy who performed the New Orleans Bounce can not handle the choreography, I was impressed by how polite he was!!!.. It was pretty clear that he does not watch the show (his friend called him up at 3AM and said lets go audition for this thing) and he had no way of knowing that the judges might be messing with him: so when Mary said Im sorry but we are not asking you to stay for choreography he simply replied "Yes Maam, thankyou," and was ready to exit. He was shocked to hear that he was selected.

I find that type of humility quite refreshing, and I like that we didn't have to listen to another sob story (I am sure the producers could have found out he had some struggle or another..poor, single family, etc... but I found him just as endearing without the sob fest).

**Oh!--I forgot to mention what a different feeling this show had without Nigel, the whole environment and atmosphere was so much better. The judges seemed more relaxed, happy, real, etc... "Dr." Nigel should just retire (can this be the point where I express how much honorary doctorates tick me off?...people work really hard, often spending 5-15 years to earn a PhD, MD, etc... and they just give them out now?)
    Last edited by mindy384; 10-02-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Well, I tried this show just to see what was going on. I will not be coming back, and it's not due to the contestants. I know it's no shocker but that female judge is a joy vampire. She sucked all the fun outta this show for me.

Going back to DWTS. I just wanted to see contestants who knew how to dance, but the judge ruined it all. Wonder what she has on the producers?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast