+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Season 6 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS ONLY**

Premium Member

Re: The Season 6 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS ONLY**

From Nigel's twitter how eliminations will work for the first two weeks due to the baseball playoffs:

dizzyfeet (Nigel) There will not be a telephone public vote for 2 weeks due to baseball. The judges will send home 1 guy and 1 girl each week until the top 16
    about 1 hour ago from Echofon

ETA: Nigel also adds this pompous remark.

dizzyfeet (Nigel) I'm happy the judges decide, besides we know best at this moment. A couple of weeks more will help the public become better informed.
    25 minutes ago from Echofon
    Last edited by paridy; 10-25-2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: added another tweet from Nigel

Premium Member

From Fox's SYTYCD site: (more details on the next two weeks)

For the first time ever, the Top 20 dancers will make their debut performances on SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE: MEET THE TOP 20 airing Monday, Oct. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). This special episode will showcase each of the dancers in their own style and genre and will feature group numbers choreographed by some of America’s favorite choreographers. Additionally, viewers will get a chance to learn more about the dancers. Then at the end of the hour, judges Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy and Adam Shankman will match the Top 20 with partners for the first performance show airing the following evening.

The competition begins Tuesday, Oct. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) when the Top 20 dance for the judges and America on the season’s first two-hour performance show. The finalists will work as partners with a world-renowned choreographer on a dance routine chosen at random from a number of dance genres. At the end of the episode, the judges will deliberate and then eliminate the first two dancers from the competition. The following week, on Tuesday, Nov. 3 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the Top 18 will perform and the judges will send another two dancers home.

On Tuesday, Nov. 10 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the Top 16 will take the stage in another two-hour performance show. Beginning this week, after each Tuesday performance show, the phone lines will open and the fate of the finalists - one of whom will be named America’s Favorite Dancer - will be left up to the voting fans. Tune in the following night, Wednesday, Nov. 11 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) when two finalists are sent home on the first live results show.

Premium Member

Spoilers from the top 20 intro show (being shown on Monday October 26)

Opening Group Dance - choreographed by Wade Robson
    Russell Ferguson, Legacy Perez, Kevin Hunte - Hip Hop -choreographed by Napoleon and Tabitha
    Jakob Karr, Nathan Trasoras, Channing Cooke, Ariana Debose - Contemporary - Tyce Diorio
    Phillip Attmore, Bianca Revels, Peter Sabasino - Tap - ?
    Mollee Gray, Pauline Mata, Ellenore Scott - Jazz - choreographed by Sonya Tayeh
    Billy Bell, Victor Smalley, Noelle Marsh, Kathryn McCormick - Contemporary - choreographed by Mandy Moore
    Ryan Di Lello, Ashleigh Di Lello, Karen Hauer - Ballroom - choreographed by Jason Gilkinson

Premium Member

Late breaking developments:

**Updates:
    -Billy Bell had to withdraw from the competition due to sickness. Brandon Dumlao has taken his spot in the top 20!
    -Noelle Marsh is injured and not able to perform in the Top 20 show. Her ability to continue in the competition is unclear at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3736299;
    Late breaking developments:

**Updates:
    -Billy Bell had to withdraw from the competition due to sickness. Brandon Dumlao has taken his spot in the top 20!
    -Noelle Marsh is injured and not able to perform in the Top 20 show. Her ability to continue in the competition is unclear at the moment.
    Did the DWTS's curse befall SYTYCD?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Here's the latest on the pairings for this week's competition:

Phillip & Channing - Jive
    Nathan & Mollee - Disco (Doriana Sanchez)
    Brandon (replaced Billy, as stated above) & Pauline - Smooth Waltz
    Jakob & Ashleigh - Broadway (Tyce Diorio)
    Russell & Noelle(?) - Foxtrot (Tony Meredith & Melanie LaPatin)
    Kevin & Karen - Cha Cha
    Legacy & Kathryn - Hip Hop (Dave Scott)
    Ryan & Ellenore - Jazz (Sonya Tayeh)
    Peter & Ariana - Hip Hop (Napoleon & Tabitha)
    Victor & Bianca - Contemporary (Travis Wall)

Premium Member

From what I understand Melanie LaPatin replaced Noelle (just like with Jessi in Season 3) and danced with Russell in the Foxtrot.

Bummer about Billy Bell.. I liked him.

So who are everyone's early fav's??

I will know more tonight.. but so far Russell for the guys and Channing for the the girls. She is super cute... Love the tomboy vibe.

FORT Regular

I think this is a guy's season. My favorites are Jakob and Russell. I was also impressed with Nathan and Kevin. Ryan has potential to be a lot of fun to watch as well. I think with these guys we have the possibility of having some real break-through moments of profound artistry from these men.

None of the girls have really captivated me yet.

As for the Bianca hype - Bianca fades in and out for me... she can be very visually stunning to look at and occasionally choreography "fits" her like a glove... but then in other moments she turns all gangly arms and knobby kneed. She doesn't have the training or in my opinion, the raw talent, to handle the lines needed for contemporary dance.

If it is true one of the woman is out on injury, bring back that woman who had stunning lines but not enough personality (the one elimination that made everyone gasp - I forget her name). She would be a wonderful antidote to Bianca's gangly-nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika;3737268;
    I think this is a guy's season. My favorites are Jakob and Russell. I was also impressed with Nathan and Kevin. Ryan has potential to be a lot of fun to watch as well. I think with these guys we have the possibility of having some real break-through moments of profound artistry from these men.

None of the girls have really captivated me yet.

As for the Bianca hype - Bianca fades in and out for me... she can be very visually stunning to look at and occasionally choreography "fits" her like a glove... but then in other moments she turns all gangly arms and knobby kneed. She doesn't have the training or in my opinion, the raw talent, to handle the lines needed for contemporary dance.
    I agree with ALL of this. I was just saying it all to Hubby last night.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread