+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So You Think You Can Put Seasons on Back to Back?

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: So You Think You Can Put Seasons on Back to Back?

Yeah, I tape almost everything on 2 VCR's.

Last year, Wednesdays were ridiculous.

I really wish I could afford a DVDR or two...

FORT Fogey

Yet again, President Obama wants a slice of prime time, threatening to bump either the SYTYCD or Glee premieres on Fox. From Newsday:

President Barack Obama is expected to seek another chunk of prime time next Wednesday when he addresses a joint session of Congress, right at the outset of the new fall season. The night's especially critical for Fox - which spurned the president in prime time last April - because it's launching a new season of "So You Think You Can Dance" along with the launch of the highly anticipated musical dramedy, "Glee."

The issue of pre-emption has become a prickly one for the networks. A Hollywood Reporter story in May said that the most prime-time-pre-emption-happy chief executive in history had cost the broadcast networks a "cumulative" $30 million in lost ad revenue due to three prime time pre-emptions up to that point since he entering office.

Fox executives declined to comment last night on whether it would stick with regular programing in lieu of the president's address next week. Fox has the option of sending viewers to its sister network, Fox News Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3688610;
    Yet again, President Obama wants a slice of prime time, threatening to bump either the SYTYCD or Glee premieres on Fox. From Newsday:
    Somehow I think Health Care Reform is a tad bit more important than SYTYCD, much as I love the show. Many of us really, really need health care reform even though it may not be a big deal to you (you must be one of the lucky ones with good health care).

But fret not, FOX will not air the President's speech to congress (it's in the news today).

Who is John Galt?

I love to watch dancing shows (at least most of them). I don't watch the auditions for SYTYCD because they show too many of the bad dancers (just like AI's singers) and not enough of the good ones. I can never understand why they don't show the auditions of all of the top 20's instead of spending so much time on the atrocities. They know ahead of time who the top 20 will be and can edit it appropriately. That way, when the show airs live, all of the top 20 have an equal chance of getting the viewers attention. Now, the viewers bias for certain dancers is skewed toward the ones they already know about from the auditions. What I don't like about the fall airing is that it conflicts with Dancing With The Stars.

Right now, we have two TV's, a DVR on one of them, and a VCR hooked up to the other one. On Thursdays, four shows I like (besides dancing) conflict at the same time here in Hawaii. I'll have to give up one of them. I don't understand why they PTB always schedule all the popular shows (new or existing) against each other at the beginning of the week. It would make more sense to parcel the shows out throughout the week so the new ones don't get cancelled right away. That is just one of those things that makes my head hurt and isn't particularly logical - just saying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123