+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 8/6 Show Discussion Thread - FINALE!!! **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/6 Show Discussion Thread - FINALE!!! **SPOILERS**

loved both finale shows. Great ending to this season (didn't hurt that one of my favorites won either! yay Jeanine!).

That being said, ITA about the Addiction routine. So incredibly good and so intense. When Mia's on, she's ON!

But the main reason I love it is because of Kupuono. I cannot take my eyes off of him during this routine. He is stunning and disturbing. Kayla is good, but to be honest, I barely notice her in this piece.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Fan

Well, my predictions came true except that I thought Brandon would beat Jeanine. And I've gotta say, even if I think Brandon was better for the season overall, Jeanine really put it all out there on Weds night. She got her fans fired up and earned herself some new ones, which was exactly what she needed to do. Good for her.

I enjoyed watching some of the "favorite" dances of the season. I think "Addiction" was my favorite - Kupono was so creepy! And I really liked Brandon and Janette's disco - I think I may have missed that the first time around. But I wish they would have chosen fewer ballroom-type dances last night. For me, those are the least memorable. I was really looking forward to seeing the B/J robber dance. That was one of my favorites, and I was disappointed that they skipped it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think September is too soon to be starting another show. Overkill is what ruins shows like this.

I think Brandon was robbed, but Jeanine is also very deserving and an excellent dancer.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I am thrilled! Janine was my favorite from the first episode and it is rare to have that kind of favorite win. I usually shift and change as the season progresses and adopt new favorites. Excellent! Brandon and Kayla will have a great career on Broadway. Casting agents are watching.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3646386;
    I am thrilled! Janine was my favorite from the first episode and it is rare to have that kind of favorite win. I usually shift and change as the season progresses and adopt new favorites. Excellent! Brandon and Kayla will have a great career on Broadway. Casting agents are watching.
    I think all of the top 4 will have careers, Evan will surely do broadway, Kayla will be able to adapt to most anything thrown at her, she is truly a great dancer I think it was her personality (or lack of) that hurt her. Even in last night's *Speech* she thanked the judges, choreographers, but said nothing of *friends*...the others were first to say they will miss *friends*, other dancers...even at the end when everyone was on stage last night, she was over on the side talking to Tyce and not interacting with the other dancers...she obviously feels "above" the others, which is why she was
    4th!

Congratulations To All Of The Dancers !!!!!!!!!!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3645306;
    You know, I don't see terribly much Rage in those Boys.
    Thought it was just me.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3645546;
    Well, I said I wasn't going to be disappointed if Evan didn't take top spot - and I'm not.

And I also said everyone deserved to win - and they don't.
    WOW. Just re-reading this now. And I made a MAJOR typo there - I meant to type "Everyone deserved to win - and they DO."

YIKES. I really am sincere that even though "my Evan" didn't win, all 3 of the others were very deserving.

Yikes.

Some seasons speak more to me than others and this one barely whispered. I wasn't at the edge of my seat cheering any one on in the final four. Sure I liked Evan plenty and Brandon was indeed born to dance and his humility admirable, the girls left me cold. I was a Jeanette fan and was gobsmacked when she was eliminated. Only respected the Robbers number, the Bollywood Boogie and the Cancer Journey piece. The rest meh. Perhaps the bar has been set too high, my expectations hiked. I think it just depends on the choreographer. I would have liked to have seen less of Tyce and more of Louis Van Amstel.
    I was very pleased to see the ballerina (SYTYCD winner) from South America. The door is now open for more of those exchanges, I hope! I have not been able to figure out why TPTB have not showcased the Canadian talent whom they are quite well aware of. Nico would amaze and inspire everyone! Mary could not get over him! And he is not hard to look at either! And wrote the book on humility. I personally would prefer they be showcased over alternative dance youth groups. But then again, they always provide for a much needed bathroom break!
    This season's favourite comment: Nigel about Evan: "You look like a vanilla milkshake dancing up there!"
    Last edited by Parasolpink; 08-07-2009 at 02:03 PM.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3646594;
    WOW. Just re-reading this now. And I made a MAJOR typo there - I meant to type "Everyone deserved to win - and they DO."
    Holy freudian slip, Batman!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

+ Reply to Thread