+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/30 Show Discussion Thread**SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: 7/30 Show Discussion Thread**SPOILERS**

I'm glad Evan is in the finale. He just shines in his solos. Really reminds me of Gene Kelly when he leaps. He got very little choreography this season that showed him off. Ony two really--the "butt" one and the other contemporary one I can't remember the details of. On the Broadway, which should have been his forte, he got the Fosse type thing which didn't play to his strength and I hated that last one. It really didn't have many good moves in it and Evan should shoot the costume designer. Those garters were so ugly--they distracted me so that I couldn't even concentrate on the dance. I'm still dying to see the one great Broadway routine for Evan but looks like we won't get it now. Now I realize every dancer is at the mercy of the choreograpy--I just think Evan got a bit of a raw deal in the genre in which he would have really shone. So I am glad he's still there.

Overall I think I want Jeanine to win. Brandon is fabulous too but Jeanine hardly made a false step all season. I really love her. And I do think Kayla is wonderful too. I just like Jeanine a little better.

Well it won't be the least talented dancer to those that voted for him
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Where did all this Kayla love come from? I felt so alone (or close to alone) all season!

I don't know who will win. All of them have a good chance. I want one of the girls to win, preferably Kayla. I'm not a fan of either of the guys. But if Brandon won, then it would be okay. Other than his issues with synchronization, he has been a fine dancer. If Evan won... umm, I'll deal with it. He did well last night, though. I did say in yesterday's discussion thread that he deserved to make it into the Top4 over Ade based on his performance last night, and I do not take that back.

I'm so sad, I'm going to miss the shows next week because I'm taking a trip next week. But whatever, it's kind of appropriate, since I haven't been too fond of this season. It has been middle of the road, and MOR just doesn't compare to other season. I'll just watch it online when I get back.

ETA: I really wanted to commend this show for not caring about the competition that other dance shows bring. Normally, I would think that they would stay well clear of the other dance shows since they may make their ratings go up. But instead of that, they care more about dance and teaming up to bring dance to America through their TV sets. I mean...

Louis is a choreography now, and Dmitry (S2), Lacey (S3), and Chelsie (S4) are currently professionals on Dancing with the Stars.
    Jabba came to perform on this show, and Ryan (S1), Dominic (S3), and Hok (S3) appeared on America's Best Dance Crew (and won). Also, Donyelle will also be appearing next season with her crew.

So yeah, I think it's great that these dance shows choose to not reject dancers just because they come from another show and instead focus on the dance.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 07-31-2009 at 01:44 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego;3627428;
    let's hope that America's favorite dancer is not the least talented dancer of those that remain.
    Agreed.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3627530;
    Well it won't be the least talented dancer to those that voted for him
    Tehe, I have to commend you on that remark, nice!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyL;3627503;
    I'm glad Evan is in the finale. He just shines in his solos. Really reminds me of Gene Kelly when he leaps. He got very little choreography this season that showed him off. Ony two really--the "butt" one and the other contemporary one I can't remember the details of. On the Broadway, which should have been his forte, he got the Fosse type thing which didn't play to his strength and I hated that last one. It really didn't have many good moves in it and Evan should shoot the costume designer. Those garters were so ugly--they distracted me so that I couldn't even concentrate on the dance. I'm still dying to see the one great Broadway routine for Evan but looks like we won't get it now. Now I realize every dancer is at the mercy of the choreograpy--I just think Evan got a bit of a raw deal in the genre in which he would have really shone. So I am glad he's still there.
    Very nice analysis. The choreography really dictates what is going to happen to the dancers. If the choreo sucks, chances are you'll be in the bottom. If the choreo happens to be emotional and memorable and good choreo (cough, the cancer one which was totally unfair for anyone to have), then they're in the top.

I love Evan and I have seen him at his best with the first Jazz piece (the contemporary piece you can't remember details of) by Tyce on the first show, and that butt routine with Randi. It hasn't been too glamorous of a road for Evan choreography-wise but I think he was really solid all the way through. We still love him and I'll always fight for him. Did anyone notice how much better he did his solo tonight than last night? I'm really starting to see more strength and confidence in Evan and I love it! Yesterday's guys routine was AWESOME and in the clowns routine tonight, Evan just stood out to me totally. Oh, he shines in his solos because Ryan choreographs them, hollaa lol. They're both awesome! LOL! And Evan's garters and underwear were distracting but still he was honestly so cute. The choreo was kind of lame. lol! I freaked out when he made it into the finals. He really is inspirational and kind of an underdog because he might not have that classic look of a male dancer. We relate to him and I believe in him so much. I have this feeling that he's going to have the same attitude he had tonight and last night for the finale and really bring it!! GO EVAN!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3626850;
    My random thoughts:
    • I booed my TV when Ade was eliminated. I know many of you are Evan lovers, but I just thought Ade had more technical ability.
    • I like Kayla much more than I did initially, she has really grown on me.
    • I did not like that opening routine. I do not like the song, and I think all clowns are profoundly creepy - even when they dance well!!
    • I loved seeing all of the old routines except the Tyce one. I am surprised it got an Emmy nod.
    • Did Katie dance the original Mercy number with Twitch?? I could have sworn it was the tall girl with the short blonde hair that he was partnered with for a lot of the season.
    Katie danced the Mercy number with Twitch but his original partner was Kerrington (sp?).

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyL;3627503;
    ITA. I was waiting for this week's Broadway routine and when it started, I couldn't believe it. They put him in boxer shorts and garters!? The poor guy just can't catch a break.

And I'm happy with the final 4. As far as I'm concerned, any of them could win now and it would be OK. They are all good in their own ways. If I had to pick, though, I'd pick Brandon. Much as I love Evan, I really think Brandon deserves this the most. And neither of the girls move me at all. They're great dancers, I just can't bring myself to care much about them. I would have loved to see Melissa in the finale, but I knew it wasn't gonna happen. Melissa and Ade were best when they were together - it's kind of fitting that they went home the same night.

I'm happy with the finals... well, except for Janette's absence....and I would like to see Brandon or Kayla win. I think that Evan will, however-- large fan base. As with DWTS, the sun will still rise in the East and set in the West, regardless of the winner.

I'm very happy with the final four. My shout for top guy and girl for Evan and Kayla. haha. Kayla never failed to entertain me, and she's really a great dancer. I'm not so crazy about Brandon, but he is good.

As for the emmy-nominated dances... It seems that there's a bit error in all on the result show. hahaha. Just a bit though... I love Dimitry's routines. He turns out to be a really, really fantastic choreographer. My favorite from him is always the argentine Tango. lol. I love Tyce's routine. It's one of the memorable routines for me because it's so powerful, and the music is really out of the world. lol. As for the dance by Mia, I really don't think that's her best work. I much much prefer her work when Joshua and Katee had her... and there's another one she did, but I really forgot the names of the people who did that particular dance. :p

and I'm so glad to see Chelsie dance twice that night. Both routines are my favorites.

+ Reply to Thread