+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 7/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: 7/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3624134;
    I haven't read any of the other posts yet. I missed the first half of the show - I'll have to catch it later. But I saw the Quickstep, the Hip Hop, and the Disco, as well as some of the solos and the ladies' group dance. And I have to say, the judges on this show make me absolutely sick.

I'm sorry, but their favoritism is so blatant it's unbelievable. They are also increasingly loud, annoying, and inappropriate. Let me count the ways.

First, Brandon's solo. Yes, I thought it was great. Yes, I think he will probably win the whole thing, and he should. But why did Nigel get up and say it was the best solo ever on the show? When normally the solos are not commented upon? Is that fair to all the other dancers?

Second, the girls' dance. I thought they were all good, and the dance was neat. But why did Kayla get to be in the center most of the time and have special moves? And if I'm not dreaming, Janine did a little solo bit as well, but Melissa got nothing. And Nigel's comments about Janine's breasts were disgusting.

Third, the pairs dances. I thought all of them were good, but not necessarily great. I'd say the disco was the best of the three. But I saw good and bad in all of them. I thought the quickstep flowed well, they moved quickly and made up for the height difference well. The last lift was really good. But it definitely could have had more energy. I didn't like the hip hop at all. I thought they danced it well, but all those stupid boxes were just in the way, and it actually seemed as though they might have tripped on them a couple times. I don't like disco, but I thought the dance was good, and very energetic. But there was at least one lift that was really awkward looking. Nigel jumping out of his seat and cavorting around and Mary's screaming over Brandon and Kayla was WAY over the top. Even if they were the best of the three pairs in the second half, they were not good enough to warrant that. Nor were Melissa and Evan bad enough to warrant Nigel's saying that the fans need to think about who to send home this week. Gee, do you think Nigel has a favorite?

Finally, the judges. I used to get a kick out of Mary, but now I think she's just plain crazy. I didn't understand a word that came out of Lil C's mouth, and clearly the dancers didn't either. And I don't know if Nigel was drunk tonight or what, but he was way out there. I'm really ticked off right now, and just had to put in my (very long) 2 cents.
    I totally agree with you!

The judges want Kayla and Brandon in the top 4 and don't want Melissa and Ade. Also, Nigel's comments were very unfair and inappropriate. Unfair because of the whole commenting on Brandon's solo and innapropriate when he commented on Jeanine's breasts. She's 18! He's 60... Yeah I used to love Lil' C because he seemed really intelligent but some of his verbose comments are ridiculous. I am kind of happy though that the judges agreed Evan should be in the finale in spite of any bumps in the road he might have had doing choreography and whatnot. They barely critiqued that disco, which was so static with very little movement and dancing, and the boxes in that hip hop routine were quite tacky and annoying.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3624165;
    Brandon had a great night with Kayla: That sexy and emotional contemporary routine followed by the driving and athletic disco. But the solo really sailed him up to the top of the heap in my book. That was actually the highlight of the evening for me.

Kayla and Jeanine were equally solid for me. But Melissa lagged behind partner Evan in both of their numbers.

Evan had his best night in over a month, with lively Broadway and a snazzy quick step. Ade kind of flattened out a bit - good hip-hop, good solo, though weak samba. But Ade's biggest problem is that Brandon did so well. I think after last week (and Brandon's appearance in the bottom two) fans realize that they have to choose one or the other. And I think people will go for Brandon over Ade, and that will sink Ade. It won't affect Evan; he has a separate fan base.
    I agree as well, Ade and Brandon are similar in style and Brandon is a lot better than Ade. His movement seems heavy and he's not good at all in any ballroom related style. Evan has a huge fan base (myself included) and I think will beat out Ade. He can definitely beat him out and make it to the finale, Ade is not memorable and neither is his personality. He seems nice that's about it... Same with Melissa and Kayla... nice, good dancers... but really not memorable personalities... lol...

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3624201;
    At the beginning of this season....I had very high hopes for what I'd see and experience.
    However, with this top 6 I find that I am overall underwhelmed.
    The last few weeks have been boring, with only a few dances all season standing out. (Phillip and Jeannine's first hip-hop dance, Randi and Evan's "butt" dance, and the OMG!! TERRIFIC Jason and Jeannine dancing Travis Wall's choreography )

The only routine worth re-watching tonight was the guys performance that opened the show. And Sonya is not really my type of choreographer, but wasn't she the one that did the addict dance with Kayla and Kupono?? That one was also one of the few stand-outs for me this season.

Anyway....I am voting for Evan for a few reasons.
    One...he's a home-town boy and I gotta support him!!
    Two....he's had to fight his way through this competition because of his height disadvantage (even though Brandon is seemingly the same height) and the judges taking every opportunity to dismiss his talent, IMO.

My second fave is hands-down Jeannine. Man that girl is awesome.

I hope Melissa and Ade go home tomorrow. Their routine last week was beautiful, but I think it was overshadowed by the "theme".
    Ade has bothered me since he was allowed to wear a politically themed t-shirt on one of the results shows. I didn't think it was appropriate.

Brandon's solo was what he auditioned with...and it's still fantastic. What a body that guy has!

With all that being said...I hope Benji comes back next week for the finale. Lurve him big time!!
    EVERYTHING you just said is EXACTLY how I feel to the letter.
    Evan is my favourite guy dancer and Jeanine is my favourite girl.
    This top 6 show was so underwhelming, the best dance was the guys first dance.
    Yeah, definitely Ade and Melissa should go. I knew I recognized Brandon's solo, it was his audition lol. And yeah, the butt dance is incredible and that first hip hop with jeanine and phillip was awesomee.

YAY VOTE FOR EVAN!! Did you see Ryan's brother blog 7 on his youtube??
    IT'S AWESOME! He got a bunch of people to sing and dance for Evan to encourage people to vote for him. He's the best brother ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3624201;
    At the beginning of this season....I had very high hopes for what I'd see and experience.
    However, with this top 6 I find that I am overall underwhelmed.
    The last few weeks have been boring, with only a few dances all season standing out. (Phillip and Jeannine's first hip-hop dance, Randi and Evan's "butt" dance, and the OMG!! TERRIFIC Jason and Jeannine dancing Travis Wall's choreography )
    I agree with the above and with Fierce Critter who was underwhelmed by tonight's show. I felt pretty 'meh' when the show was over, too.

The quality of this year's dancers had me thinking we would have some great routines, but the choreographers really haven't come up with much that inspired great performances. There were some real standout routines last year--Bleeding Heart (my fave from last year), Mercy, Josh and Katie's Bollywood, Josh & Twitch with the Trepac, In the Garden, and several that I can't come up with names for. And the solos this year have been pretty unremarkable also (with the exception of Evan). Most of them just flailed around the stage while the music played. At this point, I don't really care who wins. I think Brandon deserves it, but I'm not inspired enough to pick up the phone and vote... meh!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3624003;
    Why do they keep making such a big deal about Evan being so much shorter than his partners? Brandon is almost the exact same height at Evan and they don't mention it with Brandon. I don't get that.
    Personally, I think that a short person dancing with a taller person makes quite a difference. When doing ballroom, it's incredibly difficult for the guy to be shorter, hence why professionally you'll always see the guy taller than the girl. I really think that Evan's being shorter than some of the girls while doing ballroom did affect his dancing. It's just physically harder on the guy to have to spin, lift, and dance in unison with a girl in ballroom dances especially, also in any dances really. With Randi, Evan was doing really well in my eyes. And with the partner switches it's been much tougher on him for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by aelinora;3623969;
    I thought Nigel's comment after the hiphop was such a downer and so not necessary. Hey maybe your wife (and her divorce attorney) wouldnt be so tough if you hadnt cheated on her with Priscilla Presley.
    What did Nigel say, I missed it... dang gammit, was in kitchen washing dishes...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by peachroses;3624464;
    What did Nigel say, I missed it... dang gammit, was in kitchen washing dishes...
    Mary began her comment to Jeanine on the hip-hop by going back and saying how much she liked her in the samba - because she completely forgot to say anything to Jeanine on the first dance.

Nigel then quipped:
    I thought Mary was a bit mean with that. I thought she had been taking lessons from my wife's divorce attorney.

I am so impressed with the way Evan lifts and twirls those girls that are taller then him lol that's gotta be tough
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Newbie

I thought Mary and Nigel threw Melissa under the bus before the show even began. They commented that America needs to vote for how they have danced ALL season, not just for one fabulous coreographed routine tonight. They said that just after talking about how Jeanette should not have gone home. I thought that was very tacky and I hope Melissa is safe just to spite them!

I have been very disappointed with this season.

+ Reply to Thread