+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I'm disappointed with Janette leaving but I was okay with Jason going. (Jason just doesn't do anything for me. I don't even find him cute.)

Brandon in the bottom two was a shocker.

The biggest surprise for me wasn't the Janette elimination, since Top8 is always the shocker week. The biggest surprise was seeing this tall, blonde woman sashay across the stage at the end of the episode. I kept wondering who she was, until she turned around. It was Joy from S2. I actually rooted for her back then, but she went really early (2nd eliminee). Seeing her took me aback.

Quote Originally Posted by lkras16;3605527;
    HO.LY.CRAP.

Janette?!?!

Nigel confirmed that he wanted her to win...isn't that what we suspected?
    No, the "chosen one" often differs with who you ask. I think the most popular answer would be Kayla, but Brandon and possibly Jeanine or Melissa would also be answers. But I've always felt that the judges wanted Janette to win. Not only would they get another female winner, they would also get a salsa winner. They haven't had a ballroom-like winner before.

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3605583;
    I am struggling not to be thoroughly disgusted with this result. Evan, who was by far the weaker of the two is not even in the B2, yet his partner is sent home. hmmm

If Evan wins this, I am going to be very, very po'd
    I will be also. I don't like Brandon, but at least he can bring it each week. I would go as far as to say that Evan is the weakest dancer in this Top6. Either him or Ade. Evan's awesome in solos, but he hasn't had a spectacular partner dance in a while. If he wins, then I'll be unhappy.

I should have powervoted for Jason. He was the only guy I liked.

ETA: I'm actually starting to really like this season. While the choreography isn't as strong as it was in S2 or S3, the competition is so close. This is probably the closest the contestants have ever been on this show. I really have no clue who's going home next week. Right now, Jeanine and Evan seem to be the front runners as they're the only ones to not hit the bottom individually. I would guess that Melissa and Ade are gone next week, but choreography (as we saw this week with the cancer dance) has a big say in who goes home.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 07-24-2009 at 01:42 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I was disappointed to see Janette go home instead of Melissa tonight. I think the only reason Melissa stayed was the subject of the dance she had rather than her overall ability. I have to say it was a beautiful dance. I think it helped that they've been together all season and gave them an advantage for dancing it. I don't think that made her better than Janette though.

Evan is my favorite guy left. He may not be the strongest in the pairs dancing, but he's the strongest single male dancer. I vote for him because it's supposed to be America's favorite dancer, not America's favorite dance couple. He's my favorite out of the guys. I'd like to see him or Jeannine win.

Okay... I have to pop in to say that Katie was pretty awful. I'm old enough to have seen Judy Garland perform that number many years ago.... she did it live and was simply amazing. If you're going to pay homage to Judy... get someone who can do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by ness;3605437;
    Katie Holmes.

Time for a break.
    That portion just aired here. Nothing special, but it was nice to see Joshua and Mark of S4 dancing with Katie.

Quote Originally Posted by queenofitall;3605549;
    I guess I am going to have to throw all my votes to Kayla and Brandon next week. I don't really care for any of the dancers they have left. My favorites always get cut. Also Why does America hate blondes so much you hardly ever see a blonde girl get past the top four girls on this show. Kayla is the only one I can remember. America got it wrong with the girls. I would have sent home Melissa.
    Heidi from Season 2 got past the top 4 and she's a blonde. However, with that being said, she was a natural blonde at that time. America doesn't hate blondes in general, they just hate fake blondes. Kayla is a prime example of a fake blonde, and quite honestly, I think she is highly overrated as a dancer. The only thing she has in her bag of tricks are her "amazing extensions," which I don't find amazing at all. She's such a flat dancer and has no stage presence at all, just one big snooze fest. I really hope she goes home next week, she really should have been the one to go home tonight instead of Jeanette.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

I just watched this show after recording it--I really wish Melissa and Evan had been the ones to leave. I feel that Evan is too limited, and too old fashioned to have the versatility of any of the others. I feel that Melissa is limited as well.
    Nor did I understand why katie Holmes was on--I didn't see her do any real dancing, and her voice isn't that good either.
    I didn't get all the crying and carrying on about the 'breast cancer' routine from the night before--if the subject wasn't explained, i don't think everyone would be raving over it.
    All in all, a very disappointing week for me!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

People's preferences have nothing to do with hair color. I don't pick my favorites just because they have blonde hair or brown hair. I root for the people who I think can dance, and I think Kayla can dance.

queenb, I agree. This is an all-around strong Top6, but I'd argue that Evan is the weakest left, followed closely by Ade. At the end, this may be an individual competition, but the partner dances are the most important. It's not the solos; if they were, then I'd be raving about Evan constantly. But the partner dances are what this show is known for. They're the ones that people remember, and they're the ones that the show focuses on the most.

And to me, Evan is probably the weakest partner that's left in the competition. I don't think he's horrible. I honestly do leave my opinions at the door and try to enjoy all of the dances. But Evan hasn't had a partner dance that has stuck out since... heck, the Top20. That jazz is probably the best partner dance he has done.

I feel like he's going to win. The only person who has a chance at beating him is Jeanine (who I would be happy with if she won).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3606440;
    I didn't get all the crying and carrying on about the 'breast cancer' routine from the night before--if the subject wasn't explained, i don't think everyone would be raving over it.
    I share this same sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3606240;
    They haven't had a ballroom-like winner before.
    Wasn't Benji ballroom? Although I do try my best to forget all about him.

How I wish that Kayla had gone home and taken Evan with her. I'm afraid that those two will be the final two with Evan winning it all.

I wasn't at all surprised to see Brandon in the bottom 4, I had predicted that he would be without even watching the show (I caught it yesterday after work). Simply based on the posts here and on other forums, he seemed to fall by wayside in favor of OMG! LOOK HOW CUTE JASON IS! and Ade's routine and then Evan has that massive fanbase. Not much was said about Brandon. I had a feeling Jason would be B4 because cuteness only carries you so far (this in spite of all the comments of him being so cute as a zombie).

I was surprised to see Janette in it, I thought she had a bigger fanbase and I was very disappointed to see her go home.

I like Melissa and I'm glad she's still in it. I don't think she will win but I enjoy watching her dance and think she has better lines than the overhyped Kayla. To me, Melissa makes me happier to watch and I see more joy in her dancing than in Kayla's.

Still feeling very disappointed about Janette.

The cancer dance, I dislike story dances so much so I was prepared to loathe this but it actually moved me. It had nothing to do with the story but with the connection between the two dancers and the very obvious trust between them. The way she just flew across the stage into his arms left me breathless. Way to go, my favorite dance of the whole season and I normally can't stand anything Tyce does.

One final comment, anybody else think that Mia is the one Tyce did that routine for?

+ Reply to Thread