+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

During the down time I had a chance to surf through some other sites. The consensus seems to be that America got the elimination right. Next week is going to be really tough. Jason, Kayla, Melissa, and Ade have to be brilliant every week to keep going and hopefully pick up fans.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3580272;
    Randi isn't the thinnest girl, that's true.

But curly hair on a round face adds lots of visual weight. She's cute with the curls, but if I were her stylist, I'd recommend against a style that bouncy.
    She is also pretty short - that makes even average size girls look 'thicker'.

It's interesting to me that she and Janene have the same body type, but Janene is taller, so no one makes the same comments about her.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

FORT Fogey

Anybody else get the commercial for Ruby and the Rockits premiereing next week? Was that Keith Partridge (David Cassidy) in there??

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3580347;
    Anybody else get the commercial for Ruby and the Rockits premiereing next week? Was that Keith Partridge (David Cassidy) in there??
    YES !!
    David Cassidy and his brother Patrick Cassidy are both in that show. The show is produced by Shawn Cassidy.

FORT Newbie

Fierce Critter - thanks for the welcome and the low down on Kayla on the 7/15 thread that is now closed. I was annoyed at first that the judges kept praising so much in the beginning too, but then she grew on me. I'm glad she made it through tonight. I think the right people went home although I did like Kupono's individual zenlike style and quirky fashion..

I'm so relieved Kayla's saved. She's the best dancer. She always in front when it comes to group dance. lol. I like seeing her in the group dance rather than with her couple, cause so far, Kupono's the only one who can keep up with her. Evan kinda... well -- not good...

I'd love to see Kayla and Brandon got paired up.

FORT Fanatic

I'm wondering if at this point who goes will really be dependant on how they dance the night of the voting. I think America did get it right this week and I think Ade and Melissa were up perhaps because they have showed less personality. Ade's solo, despite how they raved over it wasn't great. It was more a bunch of tricks than a story choreographed to a piece of music. He seemed to have a few hesitations in it as well. I don't know who I think should win over all, but I'm getting more impressed with Kayla and Janine and love Janette. I'm thinking it might end up being a girl.

^For a few of them, yes, the dancing is going to be the main factor on the results. It's a pretty even playing field right now.

But there are some out there who have huge fanbases and cannot be touched. Some people think that Evan saved himself with his amazing solo. Not true. His fanbase saved him. I think Brandon and Janette also have pretty big fanbases.

With everyone else, their fate lies in the choreography they get because like I said, it's a pretty even playing field. It's the main thing that I like about this season, that's it's kind of unpredictable.

I thought that Melissa and Ade had big fanbases also since they only landed in the bottom for the first time last week. So it was pretty shocking to see that both of them landed in the B4 this week.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by guide54;3580759;
    Ade's solo, despite how they raved over it wasn't great. It was more a bunch of tricks than a story choreographed to a piece of music. He seemed to have a few hesitations in it as well.
    You are certainly right. But contrast Ade's solo with Kupono's. K's was interesting and perfectly fit the music. But was it impressive? Only to those moved by the aesthetics. Most viewers probably watched Ade's everything-but-the-kitchen-sink (shirtless) solo and thought "Wow!"

Of course Evan takes the stylish high road and makes it work for him. Not a lot of technique in there, but tons of "star quality".

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3580652;
    I'm so relieved Kayla's saved. She's the best dancer. She always in front when it comes to group dance. lol. I like seeing her in the group dance rather than with her couple, cause so far, Kupono's the only one who can keep up with her. Evan kinda... well -- not good...

I'd love to see Kayla and Brandon got paired up.
    That partnership would be amazing. Two best dancers in the competition.

+ Reply to Thread