+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 7/15 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/15 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I'm with Debbie Allen on this season: There are 3 guys (Brandon, Ade, Evan) and 3 girls (Jeanine, Jeanette, Melissa) that are still in it that I really like.

I finally figured out why I like Ade's dancing so much. It's not only that he's a powerful dancer; he dances from the top of his head to the tips of his toes. He's fully committed to whatever he dances. He's also quite tall so the overall effect is different than it is with shorter men. Lifts look totally effortless to him.

I don't really have a favorite this year. I'll be happy if any of my six win.

Based on last night, I think Kupono and Randi (worst Paso EVER) will be going home.

I haven't looked back in the thread, and I'm sure it was already mentioned, but what was up with randi's solo? it looked like she lost her balance a few times and it was very sloppy. my fiancee doesn't watch the show but he caught her solo and afterwards he asked "is that girl drunk or something?"

FORT Newbie

Hi - I'm a fan of the show but this is my first time looking at this thread. I enjoyed reading everyone's opinion! My favs are Brandon, Evan and Jannine. Although most of the top 10 are pretty amazing. I did want to ask a question - The judges always seem to praise Kayla so much but I haven't read too much about opinions on her on the thread. What do you guys think about her? I like her and think she generally does pretty good, but I wanted to get other people's take on her...

Thanks!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksmom;3579786;
    What do you guys think about her? I like her and think she generally does pretty good, but I wanted to get other people's take on her...

Thanks!
    Welcome to the forum!

A LOT of people dislike Kayla. They're under the impression she's arrogant, haughty, undeserving of the abundance of praise she gets from the judges on a regular basis.

There are definitely those (including myself) who don't see it. She's by far NOT one of my favorites. But I see more genuinely appreciative acceptance of honest praise from her than I do arrogance.

I think the greater percentage of people on this board see her in a negative light.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3576217;
    Monsoon Wedding - Modern story of a wealthy father planning a huge wedding for his daughter's traditional arranged marriage. But everyone is in love with someone else.

Lagaan - Small Indian village is oppressed in the 19th century by the British who tripple their taxes (the lagaan). But British general agrees lift the tax if the poor Indians can beat the English at cricket. Part underdog sports story, part political struggle - and there's an interracial love triangle and of course like all Bollywood it's a musical. It's long with an intermission, but it won the Oscar in 2002 for Foreign Language film.
    I also recommend Devdas-at the time, it was the most expensive Bollywood film made. Stars Aishwarya Rai, SRK, and Madhuri Dixit. It's definitely packed with the dance numbers including "Dola re Dola" which is definitely one of the more iconic dances. Also, as a personal note, anything with Kangana Ranaut in it-she's my favourite actress. Fashion and Raaz: The Mystery Continues are really, really good, and her Tamil film Dhaam Dhoom is good too. Singh is Kinng came out last year and is absolutely hilarious, too.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112