+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: This season vs. previous seasons - WOW

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: This season vs. previous seasons - WOW

Another observation about season 2.

I am SO GLAD they don't have the dancers comment on their own dancing/respond to the judges after they are done with their performances anymore. That was so awkward, and the last major change I see between the first two seasons and the 3 last.

The WORDINESS of the early seasons was just NUTZ.

FORT Fogey

Just to help everyone get through the rest of August, Entertainment Weekly has posted their choices for the 15 all-time best SYTYCD routines with links to the videos. This is by Adam Vary who usually reports from the studio taping every week - so he saw most of these numbers live originally. Enjoy and comment!
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 08-08-2009 at 12:52 AM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3648597;
    Just to help everyone get through the rest of August, Entertainment Weekly has posted their choices for the 15 all-time best SYTYCD routines with links to the videos. This is by Adam Vary who usually reports from the studio taping every week - so he saw most of these numbers live originally. Enjoy and comment!
    Thanks for the link. Here are the breakdowns:
    Season 1 - 1
    Season 2 - 4
    Season 3 - 5
    Season 4 - 3
    Season 5 - 2

They really should have put more from S1. Some of the dances from that season were stellar.

I just wanted to say this here since I thought it was more appropriate in this thread: I'm really glad that Mia decided to not use any gimmicky props in her couples dances this year. Ever since her spectacular bench routines, it seemed as if she was trying to create another moment like that one, what with the flowers and her dad's story, the bed, and the door. But now she just used some fairly simple moves and created some awesome dances.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Although I DID like the door routine, I loathed the bed one (but that could be due in great part to Kherington whom I detest on sight! lol)

Addiction (esp Kupuono!) was stunning and I'll be shocked if that and BCD don't get Emmy nods next time around.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Well, I've just finished watching all of season 2.

Definitely one of my favorite seasons now. NOW I see why it's so popular with people who have seen every season.

I'll be watching season 3 again. I've seen every season now, but I'm reviewing all of them for a personal project.

Another observation about season 2 - the Ramalama routine? Yes, exceptional, probably my favorite routine ever. But the reprise done on the season 2 finale show with ALL 20 dancers was, IMHO, too many people on the stage. I liked the original better, and also liked the one done on the season 6 finale with Wade dancing.

Ahh... "The Moment I Said It" group routine from season 3? Takes my breath away every time I see it.

Just about to finish re-watching season 3.

That was such a good season. But I recall enjoying season 4 more than any of them. I'm looking forward to reliving that one.

I hope season 6 measures up to seasons 2, 3 and 4, or comes close. Season 5 was unfortunately mediocre to a large percentage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567