+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: *~Partners/Dance Spoilers-Season 5~*

FORT Fan

Re: *~Partners/Dance Spoilers-Season 5~*

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3637554;
    TopCat, a lot of people think that if you flip a coin 1000 times, you will get close to an even number of heads and tails, or that if you pull a marble out of a bag with 2 white and one blue, it will be white 2/3 of the time...unfortunately a whole lot of people don't understand permutations, combinations, and so forth. To these people, lots of things that are not tampered with will appear to be. In the case of the dance draws, there's really no way to know for sure!
    Actually, if you flip a coin 1000 times, you will get close to an even number of heads and tails, and if you a pull a marble out of a bag with 2 white and one blue, it will be white 2/3 of the time, if you do it A LOT of times.

And I guess that's the problem. There are not enough dances and partnerships to get a truly random affect, even if they are choosing from a hat. But I still think that the evidence says they are NOT picking from a hat. Statistically, the chances of Melissa being the one to pull a Pas De Deux, not to mention some of the other picks, is even less likely than everything turning out equally random for everyone.

Frankly I don't think that the dances should be random. They should sit down at the beginning of the season and say OK - every dancer should get at least one contemporary, one latin ballroom, one Broadway, etc, etc. That would be the most fair, imo.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3639227;
    So I just got done reading a bunch of spoilers from last nights taping and one that was done from somebody who managed to sneak a phone in and was tweeting during the show......

Evan is going to win.
    Evan bashing will inflame his supporters, for sure. And if this was any other show than the finale, I would agree with you that his fans would put him over the top.

But, this is the finale, where the votes of the general public are up for grabs and will easily overwhelm any existing fanbase. Unless Evan can persuade Joe Couch-Potato that he is better than Brandon, I think he is toast. We'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3640014;
    Evan bashing will inflame his supporters, for sure. And if this was any other show than the finale, I would agree with you that his fans would put him over the top.

But, this is the finale, where the votes of the general public are up for grabs and will easily overwhelm any existing fanbase. Unless Evan can persuade Joe Couch-Potato that he is better than Brandon, I think he is toast. We'll see!
    I tend to agree TopCat....unless Evan does very well and pulls votes from one of the other four, its a tossup. I think many voters will be calling in based on the routines tonight. I would think Brandon would have nearly as strong a base as Evan, especially since last week's solo. The girls are going to have to IMPRESS to get noticed.

Should be fun tonight!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3639815;
    Frankly I don't think that the dances should be random. They should sit down at the beginning of the season and say OK - every dancer should get at least one contemporary, one latin ballroom, one Broadway, etc, etc. That would be the most fair, imo.
    <-- Agreeing 100%

Upon revisiting the original season, too, I'm thinking there's some call for shaking up the partnerships more. Or, as I suggested in another response, having some actual SOLO performances upon which dancers are judged individually - not just 30 second "for your life" solos.

I personally feel there needs to be less emphasis on partnering and more on individual skill.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I don't see any reason why anyone's fanbase will falter tonight.

I have a very, very strong feeling that Evan will win this even if he were to dance with concrete slabs on his feet. I think this year is going to be a prime example of "FAVORITE" over most versatile/skilled overall. As much as I favor Evan due to his solo strength in the Broadway style (and the potential I see in him for this), I would definitely not put him on a par versatility-wise with Kayla or Brandon (I just have never been real excited about Jeanine. She's good, but she is dull to me). If they win, I will be fine with that because skill-wise, they are exceptional. If Evan wins, I'll be ecstatic for what some people believe are all the wrong reasons.

If it turns out that favoritism wins out over skill and Lythgoe doesn't like it, he will change the format next year (probably too late for the fall season this year, though). There hasn't been a major format change since from Season 1 to Season 2, so maybe one is in order.

I agee there won't be much defection amongst the F4 core bases...but there is Melissa and Ade fans to account for and I think there is a large group that waits for the finals to vote.

So while Evan's fans are locked in, I'm thinking there are a lot of votes out there for the taking tonight.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011