Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Brandon Bryant - SYTYCD 5

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Brandon Bryant - SYTYCD 5

Brandon Bryant

Dance Specialty: Contemporary

Hometown: Miami, FL

Currently Resides: Salt Lake City, UT

Bryant began dancing ballet at age 10. He is a graduate of Coral Reef Senior High School and now attends Miami Dade College. His most memorable dance experience was performing for Madonna at her daughter’s birthday party.

So You Think You Can Dance - Top 20 Finalists for Season 5 of So You Think You Can Dance Revealed! Individual Photos Added!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Newbie

Re: Brandon Bryant - SYTYCD 5

Lubs me some Brandon! I was heartbroken when he didn't make it last season. Welcome back!

I loved him last season and was so upset when he didn't make it. This season? Something is off with him. I can't quiet pinpoint it. He reminds me of Danny, in that he doesn't seem to be able to connect. I see that in his future. Many comments about how he is a great technical dancer but doesn't connect to the music/dance/audience.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3488103;
    I loved him last season and was so upset when he didn't make it. This season? Something is off with him. I can't quiet pinpoint it. He reminds me of Danny, in that he doesn't seem to be able to connect. I see that in his future. Many comments about how he is a great technical dancer but doesn't connect to the music/dance/audience.
    I said exactly the same thing to my son when Mia was ripping into him!
    That being said, I love to watch him dance and his body is phenomonal!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Who is John Galt?

Terrible comments from Mia about this young man. She really irritates me and I dread it when she is a guest judge. I hope he does well if for no other reason that to spite her. I am glad he was defended by other judges.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3489047;
    Terrible comments from Mia about this young man. She really irritates me and I dread it when she is a guest judge. I hope he does well if for no other reason that to spite her. I am glad he was defended by other judges.
    Pretty much what I was thinking, and I usually like Mia. I like that he didn't seem to back down from her and said when they work together it will be ON. Hope he blows her away with his dancing.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

I love Brandon, and don't understand Mia's issues either (and also whichever other judge it was who finds Brandon boring). I bet she is going to try to make him do things that would be near or completely impossible for any human to perform, and will give him hell. i hope he handles it well, and we already know the other judges know what's up here. As to the smile that Mia complained about, maybe he is just one of those people who smiles or laughs when he gets nervous.
    Brandon seems to be a very polarizing dancer--I see people who love him, and a few who can't stand him (as a dancer).
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I don't care for him. I understand where Mia was coming from.. But I completely abhor the way she treated him.
    Uncalled for :nono
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3493222;
    I love Brandon, and don't understand Mia's issues either (and also whichever other judge it was who finds Brandon boring). I bet she is going to try to make him do things that would be near or completely impossible for any human to perform, and will give him hell. i hope he handles it well, and we already know the other judges know what's up here. As to the smile that Mia complained about, maybe he is just one of those people who smiles or laughs when he gets nervous.
    Brandon seems to be a very polarizing dancer--I see people who love him, and a few who can't stand him (as a dancer).
    It was Lil C who thought Brandon was boring. I don't get why people don't like his dancing. While he is not my favorite of the top 20, I think he deserves to be here. Mia turns me OFF. She is often either rude and/or verbally abusive to the dancers or gushes and cries about how much she loves them. She plays favorites a lot (and I often don't understand why). Personally, I don't care for her choreography and for that style, I much prefer the female choreographer with the mohawk.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3493892;
    It was Lil C who thought Brandon was boring. I don't get why people don't like his dancing. While he is not my favorite of the top 20, I think he deserves to be here. Mia turns me OFF. She is often either rude and/or verbally abusive to the dancers or gushes and cries about how much she loves them. She plays favorites a lot (and I often don't understand why). Personally, I don't care for her choreography and for that style, I much prefer the female choreographer with the mohawk.
    That would be Sonia.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast