+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Brandon Bryant - SYTYCD 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Brandon Bryant - SYTYCD 5

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3643979;
    Unfortunately, I set up my tape late and didn't catch the first 40 minutes. Both the DVR and TV Guide said the first hr. was a repeat of last weeks elimination. What did I miss? I am so bummed - on our DVR, you could not restart from beginning on that particular show.
    You can go to MJsBigBlog and scroll down the this post: "So You Think You Can Dance - Season 5 - The Final Performance - VIDEO"

She's got links there to all the dances via Yahoo video. (Although the judges comments are not always included.)

FORT Fogey

From the beginning, Brandon has been the front runner. Front runners usually fail to live up to their initial hype (see Danny Gokey on American Idol last season) or the audience turns on them because of the constant praise week after week (see William Wingfield on SYTYCD last year).

Miraculously, Brandon excelled every single week, yet faced only minimal backlash. He can thank Mia Michaels and Lil C for hating on him at the beginning of the season, and giving him a bit of an underdog story. Week after week with Jeanette he turned in great numbers: their Argentinean Tango, their FAST disco. After changing partners he kept up the winning streak by doing Hair with Melissa, Battlefield with Jeanine, and “the Married Man and the Mistress” with Kayla.

Last night he continued his run with one of Tyce’s better Broadway routines (Bye Bye Life from the All That Jazz soundtrack), the Laurieann Gibson Nasty Boys hip-hp, and a spectacular Paso Doble with Jeanine.

If anyone in SYTYCD history has ever earned a first place title, it’s Brandon.

In the mountains waiting for the snow to arrive

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3644351;
    From the beginning, Brandon has been the front runner. Front runners usually fail to live up to their initial hype (see Danny Gokey on American Idol last season) or the audience turns on them because of the constant praise week after week (see William Wingfield on SYTYCD last year).

Miraculously, Brandon excelled every single week, yet faced only minimal backlash. He can thank Mia Michaels and Lil C for hating on him at the beginning of the season, and giving him a bit of an underdog story. Week after week with Jeanette he turned in great numbers: their Argentinean Tango, their FAST disco. After changing partners he kept up the winning streak by doing Hair with Melissa, Battlefield with Jeanine, and “the Married Man and the Mistress” with Kayla.

Last night he continued his run with one of Tyce’s better Broadway routines (Bye Bye Life from the All That Jazz soundtrack), the Laurieann Gibson Nasty Boys hip-hp, and a spectacular Paso Doble with Jeanine.

If anyone in SYTYCD history has ever earned a first place title, it’s Brandon.

Totally agree!
    Faith grows from little seeds of Hope.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I'm disappointed that Brandon did not win
    On a more positive note... he still has the tour, and has got a TON of industry exposure. I'm sure he'll get a number of offers soon!!

I guess he should have underdanced in the beginning. He gave too much too early.

FORT Newbie

He was the bomb! I really thought he would win the whole thing But like someone said he has exposure now and I hope to see him do well.

I am watching the I am Britney Jean on E, for lack of other programming, and I spot Brandon auditioning and making the dancers for her Las Vegas show.

Congrats Brandon!!!

It was taped a few months ago.
    JavaJo likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345