+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: 5/28 Audition Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: 5/28 Audition Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by xox_courtneydee;3473551;
    eh, the judges didn't exactly seem impressed with any other dancers..and I'm sure they weren't impressed with david either lol but he was like the last audition in the last city, no big deal.

I agree Courtney. No harm done . . . . to other contestants.

It wasn't like they were jam-packed with talent in Seattle. FOUR dancers from day one. That's got to be an all-time low.

I'm just wondering how long it will be before someone takes up the banner of "exploiting the feeble-minded". The elevator clearly does not go all the way to the top of the Sex machine. And I'm not sure "Wise" is the right adjective for the Russian counterpart.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I didn't catch how many people from LA made it to Vegas, but here's a list of those who received airtime (* denotes those who had to do choreography):

Bianca Revels (tap, made Top40 last year)
    Ricky Sun and Asuka Kondoh (ballroom, she made it to Vegas last year)
    Nathan Trasoras (made it to Vegas for next season)
    Sammy Ramirez* (hip-hop)
    Amanda Kendy (con.)
    Phillip Chbeeb (hip-hop) (made it to Vegas last year, but got sick)
    Arielle Coker (con.) (made it to Vegas last year)
    Alexie Agdeppa* (con.)
    Diana Vaden* (hip-hop)

Four dancers from the first of Seattle made it (although the show failed to even showcase all but one of them ). Not sure how many from the second day made it. A total of 178 from all of the audition cities made it to Vegas.

Kelsea Taylor* (con.)
    Kuponohi'ipoi Aweau* (con.)

Ugh, I can't believe they only showed two good dancers from Seattle.

Well I've compiled lists of the showcased dancers in each of the discussion threads (thanks to IC's summaries and other ones I found elsewhere ). Check 'em all out and see our potential Top20 candidates. NY/Denver and Miami/Memphis

Although unfortunately, there will probably be a lot of people who didn't receive airtime that will make Top20, making their chances totally unfair. The Canadian and Australian versions show all of their Top20 dancers in the audition stage, why can't our version do the same?

Also, there weren't a lot of hip-hop auditions and a lot more contemporary and tap. Maybe the show thinks it fulfilled its goal of a hip-hop winner last year and is now focused on getting a new type of winner. Also, there are a lot of returning people from last year. Methinks that this year's Top20 will be compiled mostly of last season's rejects.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3473126;
    I loved that Katee and Joshua judged Adam too. Dang Adam was good though.
    Loved that segment also, but did anyone else notice how they labeled Katee as "runner-up"? We have all speculated about the actual placements of the Top4 since Cat never actually says, "Coming in 4th place..." or "Coming in 3rd place..." All she does is eliminate the person in whatever order. The only season that the actual voting statistics were released was in Season1. Hmm... maybe Katee was actually 2nd instead of Twitch. They could have labeled her as "finalist" instead of "runner-up." Or maybe I'm just looking too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3473302;
    So now they're spotlighting/humoring SEX. After Nigel asked him not to come back. . . .sigh
    It was ridiculous how Nigel had an outburst on the first day of the Seattle auditions about how these people had to actually dance. And then he gave so much airtime to SEX, who can't dance for s***. Granted, he was somewhat entertaining, and he has become a trademark in the SYTYCD auditions, but really? They spent a good 15 min on him and that other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3473149;
    Nathan is only 17, I thought the age limit was 18? He is a great dancer though.
    In the words of Mia, he was a-maaaazing. He was so talented, especially considering how old he is! He could join the likes of Nick, Travis, and Danny. I look forward to see him next season.

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;3473283;
    How much do I LOVE HIM!!!!!! I was hoping he'd be back and so happy that they didn't even make him audition. loved his performance with Arielle... I didn't think he'd be able to perform with a partner.
    I liked this duo. They're really cute together. The show didn't say if they were dating or not. If they're not, then they really should.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3474355;
    In the words of Mia, he was a-maaaazing. He was so talented, especially considering how old he is! He could join the likes of Nick, Travis, and Danny. I look forward to see him next season.
    i think Nathan will turn out to be better than any of those mentioned--he really seems to have something very different--I'm looking forward to seeing him next go-round, and although I hope it's not going to make a whole bunch of nearly-18 year old try out, I'm glad they went ahead and saved him a spot.
    I also hope Sammy does really well--he seems like a good kid, and so fun to watch.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213