Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance Canada

Re: So You Think You Can Dance Canada

Actually, I take back what I said about Lisa & Vincent. They did deserve to be in the B3 for their missteps towards the end of their dance. Some other couples had a little mistakes here and there, but none of their mistakes were completely obvious like Lisa & Vincent's were. The dance fell apart, and it was disappointing.

But still, the judges went gaga over them. It's like the mistakes never happened! The judges annoy me so much. The only time they really started to critique anyone was with Caroline & Jesse, but they were harsh with them. Caroline & Jesse's dance wasn't as bad as how the judges made it seem. Gosh, I never would have thought I would say this, but I miss the US judges, even Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3226864;
    I totally agree about Neil in season 3 SYTYCD US, I wanted Pasha in the top 4 instead of Neil. I loved Pasha
    Yeah, I would have preferred to have seen Pasha be in the F4 than Neil, but I Lacey, so I was disappointed to see her place lower than him. I thought Lacey did well almost every week, whereas Neil didn't emerge as a good dancer until later in the competition. I didn't like Danny, but I can't deny that he was good. And Sabra was my second favorite, so I was fine with her winning.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I just finished watching the latest episodes on YouTube. The over-praising from the judges has reached a new level, especially with Nico & Arassay. They make it seem as if Nico & Arassay are the best dancers in the whole wide world. It's obvious that they're great dancers, but the best in the whole world? No, not at all. This is like the situation Will found himself in SYTYCDUS4. People disliked him because of the over-incessant praise he received from the judges. Unfortunately for Will, he wasn't the reason why most people disliked him--it was the judges. But Nico & Arassay seem untouchable, so I guess the judges' over-exaggerated compliments aren't affecting them that much.

Another little problem I have is that most of Nico & Arassay's dances look the same. Again, it's not their fault, and most of their dances turn out to be amazing anyway. But a little variety is nice. Most of Natalli & Francis' dances were latin/ballroom. But their dances don't end up looking the same, so that's good.

I think all of the couples did well this week. Here are my rankings:

01. Nico & Arassay, Jazz - Even though I said that most of their dances look the same, this dance still turned out to be amazing. I just hope that next week, the two of them will get a non-contemporary-like piece with their respective partners. Like I said, even though they do well with this type of style, I like variety.
    02. Lisa & Vincent, House - At first, I was confused as to what this style was. But I watched it, and I liked it. It was a good performance.
    03. Natalli & Francis, Salsa - Great dance. I definitely enjoyed this one.
    04. Lara & Miles, Foxtrot - It was a classy dance, and it was nicely executed. It wasn't perfect, but it's obvious that they both improved in technique.
    05. Allie & Danny, Hip-Hop - It pains me to put them at #5. I liked their performance, and they did the steps well. But it was a litte too slow-moving for a hard-hitting hip-hop.
    06. Kaitlyn & Izaak, Jive - They went from being at the top last week to the bottom of this week. It was a nice dance, but yeah, their footwork needs help. That lift at the end was great though.

Kaitlyn & Izaak needed to be in the bottom this week. I was shocked when they weren't. I was sad to see Allie & Danny in the B3, but I kinda expected it. I didn't want to see Lara go, but she was the best choice out of the 3 girls in the bottom. I wanted Miles gone (see previous posts), but I'm thinking that the judges wanted people of different styles left in the competition. If they got rid of Miles, then they would have no hip-hop people left.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 11-08-2008 at 05:07 PM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

I really thimk Jon mark was rude to Issak today.I guess he has never heard, if you have nothing nice to say say nothin at all. did you see Issak's first reaction he thought Jon Mark was going to say something nice about him. I mean really,Tre deffened him at the start of the season about peole commenting about his speech and then he puts Issak through the pain of thinking he was going to be nice to him and then just shot him down to the world. It would have been better if no one said nothing at all, I'm sure Issak still would have felt bad enough by no one having anything nice to say about him .Jon Mark did not have to be SO RUDE!!!!!![/QUOTE]

FORT Newbie

I really think Jon mark was rude to Issak today.I guess he has never heard, if you have nothing nice to say say nothin at all. did you see Issak's first reaction he thought Jon Mark was going to say something nice about him. I mean really,Tre deffened him at the start of the season about peole commenting about his speech and then he puts Issak through the pain of thinking he was going to be nice to him and then just shot him down to the world. It would have been better if no one said nothing at all, I'm sure Issak still would have felt bad enough by no one having anything nice to say about him .Jon Mark did not have to be SO RUDE!!!!!!

FORT Fanatic

I think perhaps Jean Mark just thinks that Issak was kept last week and a much better dancer (Francis) was lost. He might be afraid of losing another of the excellent males just because young girls think Isaak is cute. He is clearly the weakest dancer there, but Miles and Vincent are not the cutesy types so they may not get as much of the girl fan vote.

FORT Fanatic

Canada got it wrong. Danny should not have been the one sent home for the men.

Premium Member

Which girl got the boot?

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3234273;
    Which girl got the boot?
    Kaitlin.

01. Vincent & Arassay, Disco - Definitely the best of the night. Melissa Williams has been amazing this season.
    02. Nico & Allie, Waltz - Right when I was starting to like it, it ended so abruptly, and just like Tre, I found myself not wanting the dance to end.
    03. Izaak & Natalli, Hip-Hop - I actually liked both of them in it. I thought it was a pretty good dance.
    04. Lisa & Miles, Contemporary - They executed it well, but I didn't really like it that much. It was pretty boring compared to the dances above.
    05. Kaitlin & Danny, Mambo - I always seem to rank Kaitlin last or close to last. I have nothing against the girl (I actually think she's very talented, and I definitely preferred her over her old partner Izaak), but I almost never like her dances.

Unbeknownst to him, Jean Marc probably saved Izaak with his harsh comments. What JM said was undoubtedly mean, but Izaak probably gained some pity votes, which is why he was out of the B2.

I thoroughly believe that Izaak should be eliminated soon since he's the weakest dancer left, but for that to happen, the judges need to stop treating him like an unloved stepson. He's just going to keep on racking up those pity votes if they don't stop finding ways to insult him.

The producers should just do without that little segment at the end where the judges talk to each of the dancers. It's irrelevant. And it makes it totally obvious that the judges are playing favorites, which I hate. It would be great if we had judges that were as unbiased as possible.

Nico has this in the bag unless some miracle occurs. I don't like him, but whatever.

FORT Fanatic

Down to the top 8 and we saw some great dances tonight. Isaac is clearly the weakest male and should go home tomorrow, but how does one choose amongst the women? They all deserve to stay longer!
    Last edited by guide54; 11-20-2008 at 12:15 AM. Reason: typo

some of the routines tonight were incredible, I loved Dan's comments about Lisa and Nico and that they would never get away with a dance that sexy in the states. My favorites are still Nico and Allie but the others are really growing on me each week.

My pic for the trip home tonight would be Natalli and Issac.
    Last edited by MotivesCanada; 11-20-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast