+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SYTYCD~Other dance styles We'd like to see

SYTYCD~Other dance styles We'd like to see

I think it's fabulous other dance styles are being introduced on the show and expanding everyone's knowledge base as well as providing great entertainment.
    I was wondering what the likelihood of slipping a romantic/sultry Bossa Nova in? I realize it's close to the Rhumba, but how wonderful it would be to hear some Astrud Gilberto accompanied by Jobim (Girl from Ipanema,So Many Stars, Desafinado) as the couples floated on clouds across the floor. That would be a number I would LOVE to see! What style of dance do you wish could be brought to life on the stage of SYTYCD?
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Re: SYTYCD~Other dance styles We'd like to see

Flamenco, flamenco, flamenco!

I saw Jose Greco and his company during Jose Sr.'s last tour. His son was the main dancer and AMAZING. The women in the company were too.

The guitaritst sat in a chair, stared at the dancers' feet, and played to their dancing and not the other way around.

I would love to see a great flamenco company as guest dancers too!
    Ain't Love Grand!

soft shoe

POLKA!! LOL, c'mon, this could be a hoot!

Irish step dance (this would be a great Top 10 routine!)

Jitterbug (just not the finale - no good if they're exhausted!)

Merengue

shag (although this might give Nigel and Cat fits with the British slang definition!)

I'm sure I could come up with more!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Fogey

I'd love to see TAP, the kids # with Nigel reminded me how much I love it. Adding the sound to the music and visual would be amazing.

I would LOVE to see them try to do the hula or polenisian style dance, that would be interesting!

FORT Newbie

I love Latin dance and music and there is so much of it beyond the ballroom styles. I'd really love to see other versions of samba and afro-brazilian dance besides ballroom. Or how about Mexican? Lots of partner dances there. Also bachata, merengue as Gala already mentioned, reggaeton... hmmm... what else? I love the polynesian idea! Ooo how about some Carribean reggae/dancehall/soca?
    Last edited by chimichurri; 08-19-2008 at 12:50 AM.

Flamenco (done properly and not like what was showcased), Irish step (just watched a show yesterday and I want more!), Street Salsa (it's a world of difference between what they do in the barrio's of Cuba and in the block parties in Puerto Rico, etc; and what professionals do), Country & Western (not that odd two step that was done...I didn't see any two-stepping going on in that dance).

FORT Fan

Can they do ballet, I wonder? Is it the one style that's impossible to learn if you haven't trained for years in it?

+ Reply to Thread