+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: 7/9 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/9 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Walk - that's REALLY hard to read when the whole thing is in italics. FYI. (And no offense intended!)

I think she's a very good judge when she actually judges. but you're right that she too often allows bias to come in. She loves Thayne, even though it's obvious to the rest of the world that he's the weakest guy left by far. And she praises him when he sucks. However - often she is the ONLY one that doesn't gush and drool over every single contestant (usually early in the season) and actually differentiates. She tells you that it was good and tells you what you could improve. I hate the early shows where Nigel slobbers all over everyone but 1 or maybe 2, and Mary puts the whole dang cast on the crazytrain or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker;3123117;
    Talk about throwing somebody under a bus! I was very disappointed in his reply. I wasn't a Will fan anyway and last night sealed the deal for me.

I pity whoever he gets paired with next week - even if he's bottom 3, the love-struck judges would never boot him, so he's going to be around until it's all in the fans' hands.
    Next week the guy and girl with the lowest votes goes home. It's out of the judges hands.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I think they still do a dance-off for the bottom 2 or 3. The difference is that you vote for the men and women separately rather than as a couple, so no one is automatically safe because they have a popular partner.

How could they do a dance off... we vote Wednesday night, and the loser leaves on Thursday. There's no more "dance for your life", although each week on Wednesday EVERYONE does a solo. They dance, we vote, the loser leaves - that simple.

On Wednesday, everyone has to do a solo. But on Thursday, the bottom 4 does a solo again, even though it doesn't gain any votes for them since the votes have already been casted. It's like with AI, when some of the people in the bottom 3/2 sing one last time because it may be their last performance on the stage. The bottom 4 only perform a solo again because it may be their last one.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3133985;
    The bottom 4 only perform a solo again because it may be their last one.
    ... because it's another way for them to fill time. That's what you meant, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3134043;
    ... because it's another way for them to fill time. That's what you meant, right?
    There's that too.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread