+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 94
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

  1. #31
    Chihuahua's rule! drkim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,149

    Re: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

    Mark has really grown on me considering I really didn't notice him at first. He blows me away and he is very versatile. I love how he gets the character and becomes the dance. basically what you all are saying - just had to add my Mark love!
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

  2. #32
    Duke Blue Devil Tickety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Cameron Indoor
    Posts
    1,664

    Re: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

    GREAT solo to Bohemian Rhapsody from Mark

    Poor guy was really let down and brought down by Kherington. She should've trusted him to be there for the spins and lifts the way Chelsie would, or the way she trusted Twitch.
    2003-2008.

  3. #33
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

    Now, I have to ask - did anyone else think the judges were being a bit too harsh on Mark and Kherington after the Jazz dance? I have no dancing background, but I didn't see what else they could have brought to that. The dance told no story. When I heard Tice say that, I was very bummed. I think they got a lame-o routine. IMO, about all you could do with it is do it technically correct. And the judges said they did do that! Were they supposed to invent their own characters and add it to the dance? It just confused me.

  4. #34
    Duke Blue Devil Tickety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Cameron Indoor
    Posts
    1,664

    Re: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3135301;
    Now, I have to ask - did anyone else think the judges were being a bit too harsh on Mark and Kherington after the Jazz dance? I have no dancing background, but I didn't see what else they could have brought to that. The dance told no story. When I heard Tice say that, I was very bummed. I think they got a lame-o routine. IMO, about all you could do with it is do it technically correct. And the judges said they did do that! Were they supposed to invent their own characters and add it to the dance? It just confused me.
    I did think they were way too harsh on the Jazz! Not the Two Step, but the Jazz, definitely.

    Nigel said one thing in particular I COMPLETELY disagree with. He said there was no passion whatsoever. I certainly don't know who he was seeing on the dance floor, but I saw passionate dancers.

    In fact, I think the only helpful piece of criticism came from Lil C, when he said that there wasn't (paraphrasing) enough fluidity in their movement - when Mark had to put Kherington down after the lift, it was like he paused for a moment to reassure her, "Hey you ready? I'm putting you down now." Other than that, I thought they did everything that was asked of them. It was a piece just to showcase the style... and even Nigel said it checked all the boxes.
    2003-2008.

  5. #35
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;3135378;
    I did think they were way too harsh on the Jazz! Not the Two Step, but the Jazz, definitely.

    Nigel said one thing in particular I COMPLETELY disagree with. He said there was no passion whatsoever. I certainly don't know who he was seeing on the dance floor, but I saw passionate dancers.

    In fact, I think the only helpful piece of criticism came from Lil C, when he said that there wasn't (paraphrasing) enough fluidity in their movement - when Mark had to put Kherington down after the lift, it was like he paused for a moment to reassure her, "Hey you ready? I'm putting you down now." Other than that, I thought they did everything that was asked of them. It was a piece just to showcase the style... and even Nigel said it checked all the boxes.
    Thanks Tickety. I didn't know if I was just that ignorant, or if the judges were just being too critical. I really think it was the routine, and not the dancers.

    I wonder if maybe a lot of people also felt they were being unjustly criticized, and made more of an effort to send votes their way. Sometimes I also wonder if maybe the judges are extra critical to put a fire under people's butts so they'll get on the phone and vote (I did!). The mindset of people on AI and SYTYCD tends to be "If my favorite is doing well, then there will be plenty of other people to vote." I think that's the reason why Daughtry left AI in 4th place.

  6. #36
    FORT Fogey mbcrowder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Age
    46
    Posts
    853

    Re: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

    When Mark put Kher down (before the judging), my first thought was that Kher must have an injured foot or leg - it was so gingerly, and stuck out like a sore ... ankle. Not sure if it's true or not, but it definitely looked odd.

    Kher was bad on the 2-step, but being from Texas, I can tell you Mark wasn't much better - his top half was doing what it's supposed to ... but the steps are supposed to be 3-beated (even on a 4-beat song)... ONE, two and three, ONE, two and three. He often just walked with no beat at all to where ever he was supposed to be. Especially when Kher was doing turns and he was supposed to be there (he WAS there... but the footwork was awful).

  7. #37
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10

    Re: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;3135378;
    I did think they were way too harsh on the Jazz! Not the Two Step, but the Jazz, definitely.

    Nigel said one thing in particular I COMPLETELY disagree with. He said there was no passion whatsoever. I certainly don't know who he was seeing on the dance floor, but I saw passionate dancers.

    Totally true. if they weren't passionate dancers, they wouldn't even be on that stage.

  8. #38
    Duke Blue Devil Tickety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Cameron Indoor
    Posts
    1,664

    Re: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3135421;
    I wonder if maybe a lot of people also felt they were being unjustly criticized, and made more of an effort to send votes their way.
    Doesn't look like it I've read elsewhere that a lot of Marksie (Mark & Chelsie - and yes, her name is spelt that way) fans thought Mark would be safe because of his large fanbase, so even though he didn't do well, they voted stronger for Chelsie.

    Mark Mark Mark!
    2003-2008.

  9. #39
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;3140179;
    Doesn't look like it I've read elsewhere that a lot of Marksie (Mark & Chelsie - and yes, her name is spelt that way) fans thought Mark would be safe because of his large fanbase, so even though he didn't do well, they voted stronger for Chelsie.

    Mark Mark Mark!
    I sure hope the fans pull through for him this week! I was stunned that he was in the B2 last week. And I'm very concerned considering the spoiler info that's out there. He got a lot of votes from me last week, and I'll continue to vote for him this week. I don't have any delusions of him winning, but I'm not ready to let him go yet!

    I hope they didn't stab him in the back again (IMO) and give him more dances without stories or characters.

  10. #40
    Duke Blue Devil Tickety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Cameron Indoor
    Posts
    1,664

    Re: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3140354;
    He got a lot of votes from me last week, and I'll continue to vote for him this week. I don't have any delusions of him winning, but I'm not ready to let him go yet!
    That fantastic BuckeyeAddict, we'll keep voting together!

    I have delusions of him winning and I'm not ready to let him go yet, either. Not a single vote to Chelsie or anyone else last night, I was 100% Mark.

    Oh. My. Gosh. How awesome was the Mark/Comfort Hip Hop?! Great characters for Mark and Comfort both, great hard-hitting dancing, great "riding of the beat". And Mark in that hoodie didn't hurt either...

    The foxtrot - totally beautiful, from beginning to end - judges were wrong.
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.