+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sara Von Gillern - Season 3

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Re: Sara Von Gillern - Season 3

Thanks for sharing, Wexie! Yeah, she seems like a sweetheart. She's definitely one of my favorites.

She does give off a good vibe. It's nice when a good dancers has a great personality. It makes it that much more fun to watch them and root for them.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Newbie

i was really hoping that sara and jesus would go far together. they both seem like some of the sweetest people on the show. too bad jesus is gone.

i'm nervous to see how sara and pasha will dance as far as chemistry goes. but pasha is rolling off of a lot of drama surrounding jessi and him, so he's gained quite a few fans. so that'll keep them afloat for a while unless they bomb their dance.

Sara and Pasha did sooo well last night! Kudos to both of them for such a great routine! Sara is proving she's versatile.

Sara has always been an all around dancer. Look at her training and she only recently got into hip Hop... they are just packaging her as a b-girl, when really she is as all-around technically as Shauna or Sabra. Glad she had a chance to shine!
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Newbie

I think Sara and Pasha got very lucky and owe Benji a big thank you. He picked great music and choreographed an exciting routine in a way that really hid Sara's shortcomings. She rose to the occasion and did an admirable job. However, what could have been a mediocre performance, was an electric crowd favorite...and that had more to do with Benji than with Sara and Pasha.

The Choreographer is increasingly becoming the third invisible competitor.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

I think I'll avoid the 'could-haves' and go with what happened. I thought Sara did a great job. No caveats. Nothing about the new partner, the great routine, the lighting, the costume... just, she did a great job.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Wexie;2471227;
    I think Sara and Pasha got very lucky and owe Benji a big thank you. He picked great music and choreographed an exciting routine in a way that really hid Sara's shortcomings. She rose to the occasion and did an admirable job. However, what could have been a mediocre performance, was an electric crowd favorite...and that had more to do with Benji than with Sara and Pasha.

The Choreographer is increasingly becoming the third invisible competitor.
    I so agree...

but isn't that how it should be?

granted this is a competition for favorite dancer....but the chemistry between dancers and choreographers must also be there for truly memorable routines to unfold. So the choreographer is always part of the final product, good or bad.

I don't feel Benji gave Sara an easy pass on the swing dance, like Cedric got with Mia's piece. I think she used every bit of her skills and every ounce of her charisma and for that she deserves a huge

FORT Newbie

I was not suggesting anything was wrong with it. The point is that the choreographer is increasingly becoming a significant wild card. Let's face it, if you get Wade Robson, and you are competent, you are most likely going to have a really good night. Look what happened to Hok & Jamie, as well as Lauren and Niel.

At the end of the day, the dancer's success is becoming increasingly tied to which choreographer they get, and how well that choreographer tailors the choreography to the individual dancers. Some of the choreographer's have a much better track records than others.

This is what I meant by the choreographer is increasingly becoming the third, invisible, competitor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast