+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pasha Kovalev - Season 3

FORT Newbie

Re: Pasha Kovalev - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;2479656;
    Well, of course Lacey would have nailed this number, she competes in western swing! What I believe electrified the audience was that Pasha and Sara took Benji's already good choreography and made it their own - their personalities really shined. Even more impressive considering they were new partners.

Pasha remains, IMHO, one of the best dance partners this show has seen. I truly believe he could have made Cedric look good!
    How exactly did they make the choreography their own? What unique quality did they bring to it?

Keep in mind, I'm not putting down either dancer. As I said, they did a admirable job. My only point is that this competition is more like poker, where the cards the competitors are dealt, have a significant influence on the outcome. Some of the cards being dealt are: Music; which dance they pull out of the hat; quality and entertainment value of the choreography; the ability of the choreographer to hide a dancers weaknesses and limitations; getting injured, etc.

West Coast Swing is a "smooth" style of swing. That type of "smooth" motion is not part of Sara's dance vocabularly. If you look at Benji's choreography, it did not highlight that type of motion, which helped hide some of Sara's limitations. (If you look at Lacey's first lyrical number, Mia Michaels did the same thing for Lacey relative to that dance.) If Sarah and Pacha pulled a Waltz out of the hat, it would have been much harder to hide that, and I don't think the number would have been nearly as successful. I do think overall Sara did a great job, but that does not negate the above.

A side note: It's "West Coast Swing" not "Western Swing." These are two very different dances.

sorry for the typo on the dance style - I realized it after I sent it on its way!

I guess what I meant was when I saw Pasha and Sara dancing, I saw THEM and not some watered down version of Benji "lite" - lol, that's all. Their personalities came through, I saw them really connecting on some elemental level and having a good time. Because I don't know the specific moves they're supposed to do, I just enjoyed the dance as presented. I felt that what they did do, was done very well indeed, if not perhaps in the correct style assigned.

I think we agree that choreographers, when they do their job right, take the best of the dancers and highlight it. Weak points are hidden as best as possible, some more successfully than others!

And who knows, I feel Pasha is such a strong partner, he may have made Sara look good in a waltz....fun to think about anyway!!

FORT Newbie

!
    I love Pasha, he's definitely my favourite.
    He's just so . . . Russian. And an amazing dancer.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I have been a fan of Pasha's since the beginning and that hasn't changed. Hoping he's still in this thing at least until the top three.

I was a leetle worried for Pasha last night. I was sad to see Kameron go but very glad Pasha's still around. Turns out he's my favorite guy dancer this season (Danny being a close 2nd).

I can't help it - I like the macho Russian dancers (Artem, Dimitri, Maks & Alec from Dancing with the Stars, and now Pasha). They are so masculine and ooze sex appeal, not to mention tremendously talented. The softer more effeminine men just don't do it for me. They may be beautiful to watch (Danny), but they don't get my heart started and make my palms sweat. So . . altho I know he probably won't win as he isn't that great in the solos, I am still rooting and voting for Pasha.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2497702;
    I can't help it - I like the macho Russian dancers (Artem, Dimitri, Maks & Alec from Dancing with the Stars, and now Pasha). They are so masculine and ooze sex appeal, not to mention tremendously talented. The softer more effeminine men just don't do it for me. They may be beautiful to watch (Danny), but they don't get my heart started and make my palms sweat. So . . altho I know he probably won't win as he isn't that great in the solos, I am still rooting and voting for Pasha.
    I still watch Pasha and wonder what the appeal is. He's a great dancer, but I don't feel the physical or sexual attraction that so many others do. Dunno, but he's just average in looks and sex appeal to me.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2498485;
    I still watch Pasha and wonder what the appeal is. He's a great dancer, but I don't feel the physical or sexual attraction that so many others do. Dunno, but he's just average in looks and sex appeal to me.
    I somewhat agree. He's not completely unattractive, but there's something missing with Pasha that Artem and Dmitry had in droves... can't put my finger on what exactly it is, though. He's just more "cute" to me than "sexy". But I do think he's a pretty amazing dancer. Maybe it's his build. He's just not tall enough for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2498485;
    I dunno - I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2497702;
    I can't help it - I like the macho Russian dancers (Artem, Dimitri, Maks & Alec from Dancing with the Stars, and now Pasha). They are so masculine and ooze sex appeal, not to mention tremendously talented.

Ohhhhh, imo Pasha doesnt hold a candle to Maks and Alec Mazo from DWTS

+ Reply to Thread