+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Neil Haskell - Season 3

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Neil Haskell - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2471569;
    Based on the elimination of Jessi, I'm not sure I can agree with you on that one.
    Well, now after last night's idiotic elimination (and a unanimous one at that) of Shauna, I'm in your corner.

FORT Newbie

really? i kind of find shauna a bit boring... she's good no doubt, but so are jaimie and anya. sure anya's solos aren't as strong as shauna's (and her outfits are abominable), but her dances have been stronger, i think.

but since we're in neil's thread, i'll add something about neil too... lauren and his little thing when she was getting her hair done was so funny! they're cute. and i really want neil to stick around for entertainment's sake. not that he's a bad dancer or anything, but his funniness adds a little something extra for me.

Quote Originally Posted by crystee;2472600;
    really? i kind of find shauna a bit boring... she's good no doubt, but so are jaimie and anya. sure anya's solos aren't as strong as shauna's (and her outfits are abominable), but her dances have been stronger, i think.

but since we're in neil's thread, i'll add something about neil too... lauren and his little thing when she was getting her hair done was so funny! they're cute. and i really want neil to stick around for entertainment's sake. not that he's a bad dancer or anything, but his funniness adds a little something extra for me.
    Yes - I think Shauna's solos are beautiful. If it weren't for Neil, Pasha and Lacey, I'd quit watching after last night. I didn't expect my favorite 4 to make the top 4. And I'm not just PO'd because Shauna was one of my favorites. If she danced worse than the other 2 girls, then I'd admit it was time for her to go. But she was better than Jaimie, and MUCH better than Anya, who pretty much just shook her hips and kicked her legs.

And I think Neil is more than not a bad dancer - he also dances beautifully. But maybe it's just a matter of taste and what kind of dancing you like.

Neil was very good in Wade's number. I would still like to see him get a really good contemporary piece (not mia) Anyone notice that Mia has completely disappeared? Hmmm....
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2472780;
    Neil was very good in Wade's number. I would still like to see him get a really good contemporary piece (not mia) Anyone notice that Mia has completely disappeared? Hmmm....
    Mia disappeared for stretches of time last year as well. She was there a lot in the beginning, out during the middle, and back at the end.

I know she comes and goes, but she left right after the whole upset about her choreography and Cedric and hasn't been seen since. I wonder if she was ticked off, or the producers thought she needed a "time out". Maybe it is just coincidence.
    Tahoe bound....

I suspect Mia's just juggling a whole bunch of different projects right now. The producers must have choreographers lined up FAR in advance- these are busy busy people.

Maybe she has gone MIA for personal reasons, but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

As far as Neil goes, since this IS his thread... meh. Still does nothing for me. Like him more than I did a couple weeks ago, but he's easily my least favorite of the guys left.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellypea77;2460315;
    His tricks might be ballet based – though I seriously doubt they put much emphasis on back-flips and flip-flops at the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School – but the single fact that there was no flow or dance elements between his tricks makes it gymnastics. IMO it was a very poor performance and Neil needs to wise up to the fact that great tricks don’t equal great dancing.
    Well said. Whoever said gymnastics is a form of dancing is seriously delusional. Watch any American gymnast now a days and see that you could do great tricks (which he only does the same ones every time) but the dancing is lacking.

He is the worst dancer left and needs to be sent home and most likely will.

Since the last two posts were anti-Neil, I thought I'd post a little Neil-Love! I love to watch him move. I feel like such a dirty old woman...

Interesting that this thread was discussing Mia's absense, since she's not only about to reappear, but it will be directly tied in to Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadee;2478040;
    Well said. Whoever said gymnastics is a form of dancing is seriously delusional. Watch any American gymnast now a days and see that you could do great tricks (which he only does the same ones every time) but the dancing is lacking.

He is the worst dancer left and needs to be sent home and most likely will.
    Okay, this debate about Neil's solo is like an endless rocking chair, continuously goes back and forth and never gets anywhere
    Let's leave it at this, the judges called it "outstanding" and it kept him over a guy with three stellar performances
    And with some exceptions, fans loved it
    He showed the judges basically everything he can do in 30 seconds and did some things difficult to most dancers
    Although some argue it lacked fluidity
    There we go, now can we talk about what he has in store next week as opposed to just dwelling off a solo that happened three weeks ago
    Last edited by LedZepForever; 07-17-2007 at 04:24 PM.
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

+ Reply to Thread